Well, Hello, People!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Well, Hello, People!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    AnnaBerens
    @annaberens
      • Total Posts: 16

Hello, all you lovely people! My name is Anna (you do see my username, right?), and I’m eighteen. I love playing the piano, but I love reading and writing even more. I prefer fiction, specifically fantasy (and a little bit of sci-fi), both for reading and writing. Right now, I have five WIPs–The Shadows Never Lie, The Darkest Flame, Beautiful Murder, The Darkness Within, and Ellesmera Lost. The one I’m enjoying the most at the moment is Beautiful Murder, which is a retelling of Beauty & the Beast featuring a princess who is cursed to murder people. (It’s better than it sounds, I think.)

I’m looking forward to getting to know everybody here!

Elizabeth
      @that_writer_girl_99
        • Total Posts: 1819

*blinks* Wow, five WIPs? That’s nuts. You’re insane, dear…which is a good thing if you’re gonna survive ’round here. 😉

…I didn’t mean for that to rhyme, it just did.

Anyway, my name’s Elizabeth! I’ve been on the forum for a year now! I’m an INFP/INTP mix, do you know your MBTI type? Happy to meet ya!

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

AnnaBerens
        @annaberens

I know it’s a little crazy…I used to write only one at a time, but it took me foreeeever to finish them, and I realized had way too many good ideas to ever get them all written if I only did one at a time. I think I’m getting close to the other extreme now, though lol.

No, I don’t know my MBTI type…I’ve never taken that test.

Glad to meet you! 🙂

The fledgling Artist
          @notawriter
            • Total Posts: 328

@annaberens Welcome to the bestiest place in the universe! 😀
            What are your other WIPs about?

and I was so confused

Elizabeth
            @that_writer_girl_99
              • Total Posts: 1819

Oh! Well, if you want, you can take it here: 16personalities.com (I think that’s the right one…)

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

AnnaBerens
              @annaberens

Thanks, Elizabeth!

Kaya Young
                @kaya-young
                  • Total Posts: 272

@annaberens  Hello! I love your WIP titles! How do you come up with them?

The Kingdom has been torn asunder...
                  http://www.encircledbygrace.com/

AnnaBerens
                  @annaberens

NotAWriter

Ellesmera Lost is one I began writing maybe four years ago. The plot is terrible (please don’t laugh), but I’m continuing it at the moment for practice. I’ll be rewriting it at some point. Anyway, it follows a girl named Ellesmera (Mera for short) who, at the age of eighteen, discovers she’s the long-lost princess of Elyria, one of two elven kingdoms. The rest of the story is basically just her adapting to suddenly being the Crown Princess and trying to end a war with the other elven kingdom (which doesn’t currently have a name).

The Darkness Within was actually my brother’s idea, but he’s not a writer, so I’m writing it. It’s the first book in what will be a trilogy, and is about two girls, Bella and Anna, and is set in our world. Bella is a human girl who doesn’t know that magic exists until she almost kills her boyfriend (who is actually an elf) with her magic. Then she gets caught up in a war between the Lower Class (made up of elves, naiads, and dryads) and the Elite (made up of faeries, goblins, and trolls). There is a reason for these titles, but that’s not important here. Anna is also human, but has lived with the faeries her entire life and is familiar with her abilities. I can give you a major spoiler that is the basis for the entire series if you want, but I won’t if you don’t want me to.

The Darkest Flame is a retelling of The Firebird ballet. Prince Luka of Rusya (a play on Russia, but pronounced Rue-see-a) is forced by his dying father to find a wife in order to become king. With no idea where to look, he follows the directions of a mysterious woman he sees in his dreams. She leads him to steal the Firebird from the demon Kaschei, thereby pretty much starting a war with him. There’s more to it, but I haven’t come up with a good enough description for that without giving away some of what happens.

The Shadows Never Lie is my second favorite WIP. Here’s the description I already wrote for something else. Elena Crandall is just an average fifteen-year old girl, except for one thing. She knows when a person is going to die, based on whether or not they are surrounded by shadows that only she can see. She never asked for this gift, but it’s never told her anything devastating. Until now. On the morning of her sixteenth birthday, Elena discovers through her talent that her mother has only a month to live. Desperate to rescue her, Elena, with the help of her friends, attempts to stop fate and save her family.

AnnaBerens
                    @annaberens

Kaya Young

Thank you! I’m glad you like them!

For Ellesmera Lost, I just went by the fact that the main character’s name is Ellesmera and she was lost for eighteen years. 😀

The Darkness Within is a title my brother came up with. It makes more sense to those who know about the spoiler I mentioned in my explanation of the book.

The Darkest Flame…I really don’t know. I just thought of it and I was like, “Oh, that’s a cool name!” XD

The Shadows Never Lie was originally titled The Shadow Seer, because that’s what I call people who can see shadows like Elena. I wanted to change it because it was lame, and also there was already another book by that title. So I asked people in a writer’s group on Facebook for title suggestions, and this was the one I liked the most. I didn’t actually come up with it myself.

My method for Beautiful Murder‘s title was really similar to Ellesmera Lost. One of the main characters murders people, and it’s a retelling of Beauty & the Beast, so…yeah. 🙂

PrincessFoo
                      @princessfoo
                        • Total Posts: 194

@annaberens Welcome! I LOVE Beauty and the Beast retellings, and your’s sound pretty unique! I have two of them in the back of my head myself. 😉

Ariel Ashira
                        @ariel-ashira
                          • Total Posts: 739

@annaberens Hi!  Your book names sound intriguing!  And wow, someone has as many books going at one time as I do.  🙂  Do you have a favorite time era to write in?  Do you like to sing or draw?  Also, if you tag us like we tagged you, we will get an email telling us you said something to us.  Exited your here!

"In a mask, was he?"

AnnaBerens
                          @annaberens

@princessfoo Beauty & the Beast is one of my all-time favorite fairy tales! I’ve already written one retelling, there’s the one I’m working on, and I have the idea for another one. I would love to read yours some time!

@ariel-ashira
                            The only books I’ve written that are even set in our world are The Darkness Within and The Shadows Never Lie, and those are both set in modern times. Oh, and the first retelling of Beauty & the Beast I wrote, The Rose of Anthacena, which is set like five hundred years in the future. I guess all of my fantasy worlds would be similar to a late 1700s, early 1800s feel.

AnnaBerens
                            @annaberens

@kaya-young

@notawriter

I didn’t realize before how you were supposed to tag people, but I figured it out. 😀 Your questions are answered above.

PrincessFoo
                              @princessfoo
                                • Total Posts: 194

@annaberens Me too! I especially love the song Evermore in the new Disney Beauty and the Beast movie. @daughteroftheking and I both cried when we heard it for the first time. (And my brother sat next to me say, “You know that Belle comes back, right? She comes back.”)

I haven’t actually written the retellings yet, but I would be happy to share what I have of the synopsis-es (what is the plural of synopsis?) if you would like.

AnnaBerens
                                @annaberens

@princessfoo That song is one of the most amazing things ever given to man. lol in all seriousness, it is really, really good. It’s one of those songs that just makes me feel something, which I love. lol that’s a brother for you!

Ooh, yes, please! 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >