*waves* hello

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE *waves* hello

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Lunar Inklings
    @bekreations
      • Total Posts: 45

Hi KeePers!

Rochellaine recommended that I introduce myself.

Well, I’m new here (obviously).  My name is Rebekah, I am a new writer (only seriously for about a year)  I am two weeks from eighteen (a scary thought), and an art and chocolate lover.  I have been around the KP site for a while but have just now gotten the courage to join you guys.  I love StarWars, superheros, much fantasy, and my family.  I am currently working on my (first) speculative fic novel (on its third chapter, first draft (slightly wimpy, I know)).  I am slightly intimidated by all y’all’s awesomeness, but am also looking forward to getting to know you all.  🙂

Reader, Writer, Arter (oops I mean Artist)

bekreations.wordpress.com

Emma Flournoy
      @emma-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 1352

@Bekreations Welcome to the bestistest place on the Internet, Rebekah! I forbid thee to be intimidated by anything whatsoever. You’ll fit right in, and since you seem pretty awesome yourself there’s really nothing to be intimidated by. ;P

What’s your favorite book?

Chocolate, fantasy and art are all wonderful (as are superheroes, Star Wars, and family), though I couldn’t draw to save my life. Unless it were a cube. Or little puny flower things.

Congratulations on being a new writer. I’m not even a writer, so you beat me there. 😉 You won’t regret joining the Kingdom. Hope you find it an encouragement and a help.

Lunar Inklings
        @bekreations

@emma-flournoy  Thank you 🙂  Didn’t anyone ever tell you not to ask a writer what their favorite book is?  Just kidding.  But really, my answer changes every time.  Right now I would have to say… In Freedom’s Cause by GA Henty.   I don’t typically go for historical fiction, but Henty was a master storyteller and I would read anything he wrote.

What’s your favorite book?

Rochellaine
          @rochellaine
            • Total Posts: 3322

@bekreations Hello again!  I see you found your way over here. 😀

Being eighteen isn’t all that scary, really.  I’ve been trying it for nearly a year, and have decided I quite like it. 🙂

I love historical fiction, and I agree that Henty is great.  Have you read many of his books?  My favorites by him are The Tiger of Mysore and In the Reign of Terror, though there are at least twenty others he wrote that I absolutely love!

Do you like music?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ariel Ashira
            @ariel-ashira
              • Total Posts: 739

@bekreations. Hello!  I was a bumbling henchman too until a few hours ago.  🙂  It feels strange to tell you welcome because I feel like the new one.

Good to meet you!  I love Henty as well.  Do you like to paint or draw?

"In a mask, was he?"

NC Stokes
              @daughteroftheking
                • Total Posts: 1156

Welcome, @bekreations ! Nice to meet ya! *shakes hand enthusiastically* So, what do you like to do to get inspiration as an author?

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Emma Flournoy
                @emma-flournoy
                  • Total Posts: 1352

@Bekreations Ha, don’t I know it! I’m like that too. My older sister Kate Flournoy is the writer of the family, and I’ve hung around tons of writer stuff myself, short of actually doing it. But even without the writer stuff, I’m a book nerd, and I know. The struggle is real.

Fortunately, I happened to read a book about a year and a half or so ago that solved the problem, because it was unequivocally the best I’d ever read. Still is, though my sister’s WiP comes close. XD Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo. Have you read it?

I’ve read several Henty, and while I do like historical fiction—especially classics, Dickens and stuff—I…don’t really care for Henty. 😛 All his books are too the same, to me. He is a master storyteller; it’s just that he seems to use almost the same formula every time, in my experience. 😛 BUT, I’ve heard for whatever reason that In Freedom’s Cause is one of the better ones, so yay. ;D Have you read a lot of Henty, and are you able to enjoy it despite the repetition of similar trends throughout the books?

Kaya Young
                  @kaya-young
                    • Total Posts: 272

@bekreations  Greetings! I also love (dark) chocolate… 😉

What kind of chocolate do you like?

The Kingdom has been torn asunder...
                    http://www.encircledbygrace.com/

Lunar Inklings
                    @bekreations

@kaya-young My favorite chocolate is dark and mint

@emma-flournoy
                      I have read In Freedom’s Cause, The Cat of Bubastes, I’m currently reading Under Drake’s Flag, and I listened to an audio drama of Captain Bailey’s Heir (but I don’t know if that counts).  No, I haven’t read Les Miserables but it is high up on my To Be Read list (I just have to find the time to read it, maybe this summer).

@daughteroftheking
                      I love to look through pinterest pictures for story inspiration.

@ariel-ashira
                      I like both drawing and painting.  I draw a lot more than I paint, but I do like watercolour and sometimes acrylic.

@rochellaine
                      I love music!  I love singing (in the shower, in the car, during school work).  I also play guitar.  Do you play any instruments?

Rochellaine
                      @rochellaine
                        • Total Posts: 3322

@bekreations Voice is my main instrument.  (It really is, because I do take voice lessons and sing both regular songs and opera. 🙂 )  But I also play a little on the piano, violin, and harp.  I sing constantly too!  It’s kind of impossible for me not to sing.  Believe me, I’ve tried. 😀

What styles of music do you like?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Lunar Inklings
                        @bekreations

@rochellaine  I like a hodgepodge of stuff, but if I had to summarize, probably folk.  I like Celtic Woman, Lindsey Stirling, Ellie Holcomb, Peter Hollens, Disney, and a couple others that I can’t recall at the moment 🙂

What about you?

Elizabeth
                          @that_writer_girl_99
                            • Total Posts: 1819

Hello there! @bekreations I saw you on the forum yesterday and wondered when you were gonna introduce yourself. 😉

Don’t worry–having spent an entire year as an eighteen-year-old (I’m nineteen now) I can assure you that there’s nothing to be afraid of. You’ll be fine.

What kind of books do you like writing?

Also…do you know your MBTI type?

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Joy
                            @dekreel
                              • Total Posts: 2304

@bekreations  Hi! Welcome to the bestest place in Cyberspace!! 😀

So you like drawing and music, eh? I think we’ll get along just fine then. 😉

My favorite kind of music is soundtrack, followed by new age and Christian pop

What do you like to draw?

You can pronounce it however you want.

Catwing
                              @catwing
                                • Total Posts: 2557

@bekreations Welcome to the Kingdom of Pen! I am Catwing, a Catwing. Very original of me if I say so myself. 😛
                                I like choclate too! Not really dark, but I like mint and milk.
                                What’s your WIP (work in progress) called? What is it about? 😀
                                (If you think being on only the third chapter is bad. I’ve be stuck on chapter one of my book for awhile. you’re not alone. 🙂 )

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Skredder
                                @skredder
                                  • Total Posts: 527

@bekreations Welcome, welcome, welcome! It’s great to have you aboard!

You liked Celtic Woman, Peter Hollens, and Lindsey Stirling? Me too! They are awesome! I’ve been to two Celtic Woman concerts and one Lindsey Stirling concert. Have you been to any concerts or plays?

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >