*wants to be original, but can't think of suitable greeting* *sighs* Hello

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE *wants to be original, but can't think of suitable greeting* *sighs* Hello

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    The Impossible Girl
    @f5a8c3e92
      • Total Posts: 146

@kate-flourney Well, I actually happen to be close friends with another INTJ in my own grade level! It’s great to also have others on this site. Currently, I’m working on a few different stories that I’ve begun at completely different times. The one I enjoy writing the most developed from a ridiculous theory I came up with one day. So, children disappear in their sleep and go into this place called the Void. There, they can see visions or ‘dreams’ in gaps in the Void. These are often just glimpses into portals that go to alternate realities. Children ‘think’ they can see another child when they’re asleep, but really, this is a trick similar to what Rick Riordan calls ‘the Mist’. This ‘mist’ clouds their visual cortices, making children see something that they find believable. As they grow older, they get a stronger sense of ‘reality’ and just accept disappearing children as normal. Soon they stop visiting the Void and their dreams contain only memories and random glimpses into it. Then, there are a few adults that don’t lose their abilities, and some of them strengthen their abilities to be ‘dream weavers’, etc. My book is based around a group of kids who have incredibly strong imaginations and powers to manipulate and travel through the Void. That’s the basic plot, I think. 🙂

"Not all who wander are lost."
      Wild Australian. INXJ.

Kate Flournoy
      @kate-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 3976

@f5a8c3e92 OH. WOW. I… I really like that. *grins so wide she splits her face* Way to go for a cool spin on a unique twist. *thumbs up*

The Impossible Girl
        @f5a8c3e92

@winter-rose I like sketching too, although I’m a bit more of a mixed-media kind of person. Last, term my art project consisted of photographs of various bits and pieces that I painted/created, collated together on Photoshop (the best application in the world! Thank you Adobe) to create my final artwork. I really enjoy playing classical and music from The Lord of the Rings films.

@dragon-snapper
          Members in my youth group certainly know that I eat a lot! I really love food. I’m an assertive INTJ, so I do talk heaps once I’m in a comfortable setting. I don’t think this would change my personality, as despite it being a one-letter difference, the functions of an ENTJ are slightly reversed. Ah… Khuzdul. I only ever remember the G-rune (because of the brilliant Gandalf). I absolutely loved the Empire Strikes Back. The prequels for Star Wars were a bit of a disappointment to me.

@that_writer_girl_99
          Haha. Hello, Amelia Pond! Yes, my INTJ friend and I both make references together all the time! *watches you fly away*

Wild Australian. INXJ.

The Impossible Girl
          @f5a8c3e92

@aratrea Hi. Yes, Emma is my favourite Austen work. What are you studying at college?

@emma-flournoy
            I think the female INTJs are more likely to enjoy writing than the males… @Daeus Haha. Maybe I am impossible…

@that_writer_girl_99
            My favourite Rick Riordan book would have to be the Mark of Athena (except for that awful cliffhanger at the end).

@hope
            Hello, fellow INTJ! I think I answered the genres question somewhere else…. Can’t be bothered finding it, so I’ll just say fantasy, mystery and sci-fi. Glad you like the references! 🙂

Wild Australian. INXJ.

Snapper
            @dragon-snapper
              • Total Posts: 3515

@f5a8c3e92 Yeah, I don’t blame you. Food tends to be yummy. I’m not sure if it is Khuzdul, its ancient dwarvish, the ones off the map of the Hobbit by Tolkien. It took a while to memorize the alphabet…not to mention I can’t speak it. 😛
              *sticks out tongue disgustedly* 😫 The prequels…just…ew. I liked the battle scenes, yes, but I never liked Anakin or Padme or Jar Jar or…yeah. Obi Wan was the best in those. Now, the originals on he other hand are amazing.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Snapper.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

DelightInLife
              @delightinlife
                • Total Posts: 124

@f5a8c3e92 Welcome to KP! I also really enjoy baking! What do you like to bake? That’s awesome that you’re learning Japanese! I’m learning Hindi myself, though I haven’t been working on it as much lately. How long have you been learning the language? 🙂

The Impossible Girl
                @f5a8c3e92

@delightinlife Hi. I love baking anything with chocolate in it. Cakes, fondues, souffle… If any Whovians are reading this, I’ll make that a reference to ‘Souffle Girl’. I began learning Japanese at my old school in grade 3. This continued until grade 5, then I began grade 6 in my current school. We did a little basic Japanese in term 4, but that was it. Then, in grade 8, I got one term of Japanese. I didn’t get to continue studying it until grade 10, and I have carried on since then. So, that would be around seven and a half years of actually studying the language at school, but I’ve retained the information and revised it during those gaps.

Wild Australian. INXJ.

Jess
                  @jess
                    • Total Posts: 575

@f5a8c3e92 Greetings! I am also one of those rare-as-unicorns INTJ-A people (that seems to be really kind of common here.) Mark of Athena… yesss. But that awful cliffhanger. I nearly died the first time I read that book… 😛 And I love your story premise. It sounds really amazing. 😉 Hope to see you around the forum! *disappears in a flurry of snowflakes*

The Impossible Girl
                    @f5a8c3e92

@jess Greetings, fellow INTJ! Yes, I hated having to wait an entire year after I first read it. Rick Riordan’s dedication at the start of House of Hades nearly killed me! See you around!

Wild Australian. INXJ.

Gracie
                      @graciegirl
                        • Total Posts: 889

@f5a8c3e92 Welcome! I am late, very late, a thousand apologies. 😀

ANOTHER INTJ?!?!? You have got to be kidding me. *face palm* XD Zikers. I’m an INFP-A, btw, and obsessed with MBTI.
                        YES!!! Sherlock Holmes is awesome!! I just finished the last of the stories about a week ago, and I barely managed to not cry. It was truly the end of an era. Which of the books is your favorite? There are so many great ones I have a really hard time choosing. But the one’s I find myself remembering most are A Study in Scarlet, A Scandal in Bohemia, The Final Problem, The Empty House, The Bruce Partington Plans, and oh! I musn’t forget The Adventure of Charles Augustus Milverton! I was crying by the end because I was laughing so hard. Ah, good times. Seems like forever ago. *nostalgic sigh*
                        Well, we’re happy to have you here at the Kingdom! Read ya around!
                        Oh, and I LOVE your story, btw!

*is probably geeking out about something*

The Impossible Girl
                        @f5a8c3e92

@graciegirl Hi. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes will remain my favourite, as it was the first of the books that I read. The one that introduced me to the brilliant Sherlock Holmes. A Study in Scarlet, A Scandal in Bohemia and The Final Problem always stand out to me. Thanks.

Wild Australian. INXJ.

Ethryndal
                          @ethryndal
                            • Total Posts: 1013

@f5a8c3e92 Hi! Typical me, I typed out a nice little welcoming thingy yesterday, thought I’d hit submit, but actually hadn’t. So I’ve been going all this time thinking I’d welcomed you when I really hadn’t.

Please excuse such rudeness. 😛

Fellow INTJ! Though I think you already know that from the conversation earlier…

@graciegirl
                            KP seems to be a hot spot for female INTJs.

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Gracie
                            @graciegirl
                              • Total Posts: 889

@Ethryndal Definitely. 😃 Its super cool really

*is probably geeking out about something*

The Impossible Girl
                              @f5a8c3e92

@ethryndal @graciegirl It’s really great seeing so many female INTJs on here.

Wild Australian. INXJ.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              >