W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!)

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!)

Viewing 6 posts - 181 through 186 (of 186 total)
  • Author
    Joy
    @dekreel
      • Total Posts: 2304

Hey, @overcomer! I am a complete stranger who stumbled upon the lounge… I’m guessing this is a lot like the Writer’s Corner? 🙂

You can pronounce it however you want.

Mallory O’Bier
      @overcomer
        • Total Posts: 550

Hey, @dekreel . 🙂  Nice to meet you.  Actually, this thread is almost the complete opposite of Writer’s Corner.  Whereas the Writer’s Corner is a place to find other writers to write with and share each other’s progress, The Lounge is mainly a place for writers to chat (or complain) about writing or whatever else they want, and basically just goof off.  (I explain this in more detail on page one of the thread, but that’s it in a nutshell.) 😀  Savvy?

Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

@overcomer I think there are two reasons to know your target audience.

First, so you don’t write the wrong book. For instance, if I know I want to write for seminal-Christians aged 30-45 who are in the military, that will keep me from writing a children’s fairy tale. Knowing your target audience also helps you maintain a core unity between all your books because they’re all written for a similar target audience.

Second, knowing your target audience helps you market to them. Once you know who your ideal reader is, you can then ask where they hang out online (or offline). The trick here is that you actually have to do this. 😉 😛

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Joy
          @dekreel
            • Total Posts: 2304

@overcomer  I understand… It’s just that we goof off and chat on the Writer’s Corner, too! XD

You can pronounce it however you want.

Mallory O’Bier
            @overcomer

@dekreel !  Shhh!”  Looks around to see if anybody heard.  Whispers, “That’s a secret!” adding loudly, “Haha, very funny!  Of course, Writer’s Corner is a SERIOUS place where writers ACTUALLY get work done!  No goofing off happens there, haha!” 😉 XD

Mallory O’Bier
              @overcomer

(On a more serious note) Those are good points, @daeus , thanks! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 181 through 186 (of 186 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              >