W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!)

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 186 total)
  • Author
    Mallory O’Bier
    @overcomer
      • Total Posts: 550

All writers welcome to the W.I.P. (“writing in progress” . . . or “writers in perplexity,” depending on your shifting situation) lounge club.

Here we can gather to mope, or rant, or rave about our writing in progress. (or forget it entirely for a short blissful time and just chat about stuff) 🙂

This club is mainly for the discouraged writer who isn’t looking for critiques but just needs the friendship, encouragement, and support of other writers.

Have writer’s block? Reality bruises? Stuck in a hole? Bored? Running out of people in your life who will just talk about writing with you? (or listen to your complaints?)

Join me, and together we will conquer the writing industry . . . later. 😉

Hannah
      @aella
        • Total Posts: 160

Oooohh! I love this! I realize I haven’t been on for a while, but have been having a lot of trouble with editing through my second draft of my NaNoWriMo project. also just knowing how to fix all of this crazy that I wrote late at night that I called a “book”… I now call it a “Novella”… maybe… Getting closer to a Novellette with all the cutting out I’ve done… So yep. that’s my crazy input. XD. This is a great topic @overcomer

Hope Ann
        @hope
          • Total Posts: 1092

Awesome; so I can just ramble and talk and no one will think it’s strange? 😉 I’m currently working on planning out a battle, with a mixture of prophecies, secret caverns, the epic fight between the good and the bad guy…nothing is coming together yet; or rather it’s coming really slowly. I did get one great idea in the shower last night, but I’m still not done… Maybe I’ll take another shower tonight. 😉

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 3976

Ooh, nice topic! I can just ramble without worrying about whether or not I’m being coherent… COOL!!!
            Right now I’m working on mopping up the mess of a beginning my WIP has… or had, would now be a more accurate word. It was really, really, really slow and rambling getting started, so I’m working on streamlining it and pushing it off strong on an immediate note of action and complexity and suspense. Eh… its slow going, editing through all that junk and finding the few little (very little 😉 ) gems hiding there… but I know where I’m going, so that’s a plus.

Mallory O’Bier
            @overcomer

Ramblers are welcome too! 😉

Thanks for joining the club, @kate-flournoy @hope @aella ! It sounds like we’re all stuck working on the nitty gritty, perhaps not-so-fun parts of our projects.

I’m working on procrastinating right now, which is going really well thus far . . . when I’m done, I might take another crack at finishing that oh-so-intimidating short bio in third person that’s been standing between me and a K.P. submission for longer than I’d care to admit.

It sounds silly, I know, but it’s hard for me to write. I guess because I feel like I’m such a boring individual. My silly pride whispers that I need more accomplishments, etc., to put in it. :/

For a long while I really didn’t have anything to write about myself at all. That was when all I was doing was writing because I didn’t feel well enough to do anything else. That was when this short bio in third person hung over my head and mocked me.

But no more! I see the finish line! Soon my nemesis will be conquered! Muwahahahaha!

Right? Right?! Answer me! (You don’t have to answer, it was sorta rhetorical. Please excuse my melodrama) 😉

Kate Flournoy
              @kate-flournoy

Oh, I’m having plenty of fun, actually! All those character introduction scenes I had a blast with starting out? I get to do ’em all again! 😛 And improve them!

I. Love. Working. With. My. Characters. It’s probably the number one reason why I write. 😀

Mallory O’Bier
                @overcomer

Characters just make stories, don’t they, @kate-flournoy ? My characters are like my best friends I haven’t met yet. 🙂

Hope Ann
                  @hope

I’m working on procrastinating right now, which is going really well thus far . . .

That made me laugh.

One of the things keeping me going as I mull over the climax of my book is the rush of exhilaration I know I’ll get when all the pieces finally sift together. I just wish it would fit together SOON.

Mallory O’Bier
                    @overcomer

Thanks, @hope 😉

I’ve finished my procrastinating and worked on my bio, but it still needs tweaking. I’ll have to wait and finish it tomorrow, for my editor in chief (my mom 🙂 ) is off duty. I seriously don’t know what I’d do without her! She’s a big help when it comes to the edits. (As are all of you!)

Godspeed on your projects everybody! @aella @kate-flournoy
                      My bed calleth,
                      Goodnight!

Hannah
                      @aella

Mallory,
                        Definitely nitty-gritty work… My eyes see the flaws running up and down and sideways and ALL OVER. XD but my brain responds with: Yes. you’re quite right. It’s bad. Nope no idea on how to fix it… So I stare at the page and make doodles… XD You said this topic was for moping, yes? AND Rambling? Ooooh I think I definitely belong here. 😀

It sounds like you were most DEFINITELY right! Consider the nemesis Conquered, once you’ve started, you’ve conquered, you just have to get some of the details tied up like actually finishing, right? XD

Thank you, and I wish you the same, @overcomer

@kate-flournoy

Yesssss! Working with my characters is pretty much the only reason I haven’t given up on my WIP after I finished the second draft. 😀

@hope

Oooooohhh, do I see “Rose of Prophecy”‘s sequel in the makings?! I couldn’t put it down once I had downloaded it, great job! Shower thoughts: 99.9999999% of all my works are at least based off of them. XD

Daeus
                        @daeus
                          • Total Posts: 4238

I’m not a discouraged writer, but I’ve got an interesting situation with this novella of mine. I wrote it, loved the plot, and then figured out I needed to seriously improve the writing. Now I’m keeping the plot and totally rewriting it. Seriously, I’m completely rewriting the majority of it. I’m so glad it’s a novella and not a full-length novel.

@overcomer
                          Totally sympathise. A writer with a busy mom is almost as helpless as a writer without a pen.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Hope Ann
                          @hope

@overcomer No, that’s a separate book. Though I do have a sequel to Rose of Prophecy in the works as well. The rough draft is done and I’m currently working on editing. 😉

@Daeus
                            I can relate. I’ve done that several times with a book of mine, then added about 2/3 to the length, then rewrote it again, and now I’m reworking the last part again! The basic plot is the same, but I’ve deepened and rearranged things as I learned more about writing.

I’ve another novel that I wrote years ago. It’s awful, but the plot isn’t half bad and the characters have so many possibilities. I’m going to rewrite it one of these days…

Kate Flournoy
                            @kate-flournoy

@overcomer, @hope is going to hate me for saying this, but she let me read the first draft of Rose of Prophecy’s sequel (cuz I do her cover art), and let me just tell you, you are in for a real treat.

Greta
                              @gretald
                                • Total Posts: 450

@overcomer, Just what I need! A club where I can complain about my writerly problems and procrastinate all the more. 😉 😛 (just kidding)

Hannah
                                @aella

@hope Ahh, I see cool!

@kate-flournoy
                                  Ohhhhh NOW I’m even MORE excited for it to be ready!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 186 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >