*tries to think of a inspiring topic title but can't* Hi!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE *tries to think of a inspiring topic title but can't* Hi!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    BlueJay
    @bluejay
      • Total Posts: 1622

🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 Yep, it does it automatically. However if you do this – hi:) It will not change. But Hi 🙂 will. It needs a space. Same with a bracket. :)) 🙂 )

Rolena Hatfield
      @rolena-hatfield
        • Total Posts: 405

@abigail-blomberg
        Hi Abigail!!! Welcome, welcome!!!
        So glad to have you aboard the KP forum!

https://rolenahatfield.com/

AbigailRose
        @abigail-blomberg
          • Total Posts: 19

@kate-flourney Congratulations on being the first to reply! 😉
          I write in historical fiction mostly, for my brain doesn’t comprehend fantasy too well. My first novel was set during the Civil War, and my second one is set during the middle ages sometime. It isn’t during a specific historical time period, but it isn’t in an alternate universe either.
          As for poetry, I really know nothing about the different types. 😛 I like rhythm and rhyme, and I suppose psalmistry type (I would call that a type!). I like poems that capture an event, an idea or a perspective that any other form of writing couldn’t accurately and emotionally capture it. I like poem’s with deep thoughts and profound truths.

Any tips you have on poetry, please let me know! I need all the help I can get.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by AbigailRose.
          AbigailRose
          @abigail-blomberg

How does one delete a post?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by AbigailRose.
            BlueJay
            @bluejay

Let me see if I can find out. Here goes. This is not working.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by BlueJay.
              BlueJay
              @bluejay

Well, I’m no help @abigail-blomberg. I’m sure someone else, maybe @spradlin, would know how to delete messages. Sarah, do you know???????????????????????? :S

Sarah Spradlin
                @spradlin
                  • Total Posts: 189

That would probably be a better question for @daeus or @rolena-hatfields. 🙂

"When enemies attack your kingdom you don't flee you show them why it's your kingdom. With your lightsaber."

BlueJay
                  @bluejay

@rolena-hatfield @daeus How do you delete a post that you’re already posted?

Daeus
                    @daeus
                      • Total Posts: 4238

@abigail-blomberg @bluejay I don’t think there is a way for you to delete a post. It just might work though if you clicked the edit button and erased your entire message. Otherwise, I can delete messages, so you can just contact me and ask me to delete one for you.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

AbigailRose
                      @abigail-blomberg

@Daeus That is good to know, thanks 🙂

Rosey Mucklestone
                        @writefury
                          • Total Posts: 467

Welcome @abigail-blomberg! Nice to see you made it on! 😀

AbigailRose
                          @abigail-blomberg

Hey, guys! I’m back for a little bit after finishing a semester at college (yay!). But now, after being gone so long, I have been trying to get reacquainted with this great forum! 😀

I’m having a hard time figuring my way around, (maybe because I’m used to the OYAN forum set up?) would anyone be willing to just give me an overview of how things work?

All I basically know how to do is read already posted articles, but I don’t know how to post anything for peer critiques, or don’t quite get the guiltiness to submitting things for the magazine. Do our submissions have to go along with the theme of the month?

So any information on how things work around here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 🙂

Daeus
                            @daeus
                              • Total Posts: 4238

Welcome back, @abigail-blomberg.

One of the best ways to navigate the forum is from the home page. At the very bottom, there is a list of the five most recently started topics. That’s the easiest way to tell if there’s a new thread. On the bottom of the sidebar on this site, we also have a “recent forum replies section.” That gives you the five most recent replies to any topic. If you watch those carefully enough, you’ll be able to track almost all activity on the forum.

Otherwise, when you click on the forum, there are a lot of main categories such as “general discussions,” “fiction,” “publishing,” and “general site info.” Next to these it will give the most recent comment in that category. So, if the most recent comment was two months ago, no need to check it out. If, however, you see a topic that has it’s most recent comment at three hours ago, there’s an active discussion there. If you click on the category, it will list all the topics under it in chronological order of when they had their last comment. Some topics however will be hidden under sub-categories, but these are navigated the same as the main categories.

If you want to post something for critique on the forum, you can simply copy and paste it. If, however, it is longer than one scene, people will find that very inconvenient to critique on here. I would recommend gauging interest and then sending it to them by email as a document.

If you want to submit for one of our “KP critiques” that we post on the main website, I believe you can just check out the submission guidelines.

And yes, we do accept articles that are not on the monthly theme. We simply stick mainly to ones that are.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

AbigailRose
                              @abigail-blomberg

@Daeus Thank you for the thorough response! This information was very helpful. 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              >