*tries to think of a inspiring topic title but can't* Hi!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE *tries to think of a inspiring topic title but can't* Hi!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    AbigailRose
    @abigail-blomberg
      • Total Posts: 19

Hello!

I was directed to start my forum experience here, so here it goes.

I have loved writing as long as I can remember. I attempted a few short stories and a few novels when I was younger, but in ninth grade, I finally started writing my first novel through the One Year Adventure novel and “finished” (I use that term lightly) just last year (so much for writing a novel in one year :P). I heard about KP through OYAN and I am excited to get to know you all! I am somewhat halfway through my second novel now and have just started to have an interest in some types of poetry as well.

A few other things about me:
      -I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
      -I enjoy reading, writing, drawing, riding horses, herding cattle, and swimming
      – I swam competitively for 6 years, just finishing my last year of high school swimming in the fall. I hope to find a team in college. ( I absolutely LOVE the sport )
      -My favorite genre to read and write in is historical fiction.
      -Some of my favorite L.M. Montgomery, Chuck Black, Janette Oke, Watler Farely, Tricia Goyer and several others.

I am just beginning to find my way around here, so any tips and advice about my time on KP would be greatly appreciated. I am excited to get to know you all and read your writing.

For His glory,

Abigail

Kate Flournoy
      @kate-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 3976

Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet, Abigail! (It’s kind of a competition between us old time forumers to see who can greet the newbies with that line first. 😉 ).

What genre do you write? Historical fiction? What kind of poetry are you starting to prefer— descriptive, comedic, psalmistry (if that’s even a type 😛 )? Do you prefer free verse or very rhythmic stuff? I love poetry myself, so I’m always excited to meet another poet. 😉

A few abbreviations to be aware of: WIP: Work in Progress. MC: Main Character. POV: Point of View.

Welcome to KP!

Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

@abigail-blomberg I just love it when new people join, so welcome aboard!

As for the forum, you might want to check out the topic “Writer’s corner” under general discussions. It’s a great thing we developed to help us write more. You might also want to check out the new book club we’re starting.

This is a great place to discuss your writer theories/observations, get help with whatever you’re working on, and just make friends. Have fun!

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Faith Kindred
          @faithdk
            • Total Posts: 139

Hey Abigail!
            I draw and ride horses as well (and write of course 😉 ). What do you like to draw? I like drawing animals. I love Janette Oak! Which one of her books do you like best?

Great to have you here!

Hope Ann
            @hope
              • Total Posts: 1092

@abigail-blomberg Greetings! So glad to have you here. And, since I got on here before all important questions have already been asked you, prepare for an initiation interrogation. *clears throat*

Do you like fantasy?
              Do you like Lord of the Rings?
              Do you like Ted Cruz?
              Do you like Captain America?
              Do you like chocolate?

Because if the answer to any of those questions is no… *glares threateningly* 😉 With that said, welcome to the best Christian forum in the world. 🙂

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Adry_Grace
              @adry_grace
                • Total Posts: 169

@abigail-blomberg Hello! Welcome to Kingdom Pen!

I echo the questions Hope already asked (though I won’t glare threateningly). Historical fiction is an awesome genre! Do you have a favorite book from that genre.

I have a couple friends that swim competitively!! What first attracted you to the sport? Also, is there anything in particular you like to draw?

Jada Morrison
                @jadamae
                  • Total Posts: 199

Welcome!
                  L.M. Montgomery and Chuck Black are great! I have really enjoyed some of their books! What do you think of L.M. Montgomery’s later Anne books? Doesn’t Walter’s death in “Rilla of Ingleside” just kill you? Congratulations on finishing a novel, even if it took awhile. That’s something I have yet to do…

BlueJay
                  @bluejay
                    • Total Posts: 1622

L.M. Montgomery, Chuck Black, Janette Oke

Hi @abigail-blomberg Great authors to like especially Chuck Black. He is so good. Each year he hold a competition and my family and I make a movie for it. I also do stopmotion with you can check out in a forum which I can’t remember its name. *it’s about movies so have a look around*
                    Anyway welcome to KP the bestist place on earth. *yes, I’m second 🙂 * Sorry had to do that.

Greta
                    @gretald
                      • Total Posts: 450

@abigail-blomberg
                      Hey, welcome to KP! And, as @kate-flournoy said, this is the bestieststestst…st… place on the internet. 😛
                      Awesome, I love riding horses, too! What’s your favorite swimming stroke?
                      L.M. Montgomery is great! I’m assuming you’ve reading Anne of Green Gables? 🙂

Vanna
                      @vanna
                        • Total Posts: 48

@abigail-blomberg Welcome to KP! I just signed up myself a few days ago, but I can already tell that this is a great place . 🙂

BlueJay
                        @bluejay
                          • Total Posts: 1622

Something you should know @abigail-blomberg If you click onto someone’s picture you’ll be able to find their tag which will notify them that you are talking about/with them. Not all of us have our tag as our name. Kate Flournoy and @kate-flournoy is one example. You’ll begin to memorize them the more you use them.

Hannah C
                          @hannah-c
                            • Total Posts: 362

First off I love historical fiction as well, in fact, that is the genre of my novel. What is your book about?
                            Second, L. M. Montgomery and Janette Oke are some of my favorites too. Ever read Janette Okes books about Josh?

Tips, tricks, or advice: *New Jersey Gangster accent* Stick with me kid and you’ll go far. Really far.

HC

Ingrid
                            @ingridrd
                              • Total Posts: 830

@abigail-blomberg
                              Hey, girl! *gives huge high five* *wrings injured hand* Welcome to Kingdom Pen! Reading, writing, drawing, riding horses…you’re my kind of person! 😉 (Although, I have to admit, I have never herded cattle before.) Anyway, I can’t wait to get to know you! 🙂 🙂 😉

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

AbigailRose
                              @abigail-blomberg

Hey everyone! Thanks so much for all the welcomes 😀 I am wanting to reply to each of you individually and will do that soon, I’ve just got back from a weeklong road trip, so I’ll get back to you as soon as I can. 😀

Question: How do you insert emoji’s? 🙂

AbigailRose
                                @abigail-blomberg

Wait… I guess it does it automatically. 😛 Never mind.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >