To the End of School *raises glass of Orange Juice*

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions To the End of School *raises glass of Orange Juice*

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Emma Flournoy
    @emma-flournoy
      • Total Posts: 1352

@GracieGirl Go girl! Three more weeks isn’t too bad. 🙂
      Moms…just wow. How’s yours doing, btw?

Emma Flournoy
      @emma-flournoy

@GracieGirl Whoa, your favorite. Cool. Do you like math?
        (Sorry, we both keep posting too fast. XD So I don’t see your next till I’ve already done mine.)

Gracie
        @graciegirl
          • Total Posts: 889

@Emma-Flournoy Yeah, the three weeks are going even easier because I’m down to math, science and SAT prep. Yay! That means I’m only working for two or three hours a day. I actually don’t mind math too much. I’m kinda just…meh with it, I guess. XD If science is really hard I love math, but if math is really hard I love science. 😄

Mom is doing much better, thanks for asking and for your prayers. I think realizing that she only has two or three summers before I’m gone freaked her out. There are just a few other things that she’s working through, but the business of the beginning of summer is helping a lot. 😊

*is probably geeking out about something*

Emma Flournoy
          @emma-flournoy

@GracieGirl Whoo, I’ve found someone who doesn’t detest math! *fistbump* I don’t love it, but I didn’t hate it. Except for parts of Algebra. But I actually liked Geometry.

Well good. I’m glad. I’ll keep praying, and good luck on the last three weeks of school. 😀 For you and for her. *ice cream in advance* (realizing there isn’t a food I know you particularly adore so ice cream will have to suffice)

Gracie
            @graciegirl

@Emma-Flournoy *fistbump back* Geometry was neat but I think I like Algebra a teensy bit better because I love the applications for it. But there are some parts…*shivers* 😛
              Thank you! (And ice cream is my absolute favorite so that is more than sufficient.😀)

Anne of Lothlorien
              @anne-of-lothlorien
                • Total Posts: 440

*desperately tries to celebrate with everyone else* *fails*
                Hey guys.
                I’m not finishing up school until late June.
                You know, Christmas, and my parents going on a trip with left me responsible for an eight and a two year old, going to a Bible and Science conference, a ladies conference… all that kinda pushed school off further, and further. And further. *looks dismally at the pile of geometry and collectivism stuff to do*
                So yeah.
                I’m fourteen, and I’ll be finishing my sophomore year of high school.
                I don’t think anyone will freak out and be shocked when they read that, but other people who aren’t home-schooled do, so… I’m not a genius AT ALL… I just started Kindergarten when I was four.
                So I’m ahead of almost every other person my age that I know, but it’s not cause I’m smart.
                Quite the opposite.
                I’m not going to college.
                Helping Mom teach the younger peeps after I graduate, meeting a wonderful young man who loves the Lord and marrying him, raising children, and writing best-selling books that will be loved by the whole world doesn’t require that, so, nope, not for me.
                But I wish the very best to the graduates, the already graduated, and the college-intendeds.
                *throws random handful of chocolate chips*

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Snapper
                @dragon-snapper
                  • Total Posts: 3515

I still have to do some subjects through the summer, but I don’t mind. I could probably just melt them. Smeagol Math
                  I also a few years until Dragon College, but I have the basics down. 😛

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Emma Flournoy
                  @emma-flournoy

@GracieGirl Really…? Wow. Well, liking Algebra can’t do you any harm. XD
                    Oh good. Now I know. *saves stash of ice cream*

@Anne-of-Lothlorien
                    Ah, don’t worry, we’ll be doing school on past June. 😛 You’re not alone.

@Dragon-Snapper
                    Ooh, Dragon College. You should be a teacher there though; I think you’ve got being a dragon down pretty well already.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Emma Flournoy.
                    Snapper
                    @dragon-snapper

@emma-flournoy Oh, I don’t know…I forget to eat with my hands sometimes–I always use a fork–and also, I don’t even have my flyer’s license yet!

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Daeus
                      @daeus
                        • Total Posts: 4238

@emma-flournoy @graciegirl Hey, I don’t hate math either! I actually like it a small bit, it’s just the two hrs a day it took me that I didn’t like. *frazzled face*

I actually quit math my last year of high school. One of the best decisions I ever made.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Snapper
                        @dragon-snapper

@daeus @emma-flournoy @graciegirl I actually don’t mind math. I don’t mind anything, actually. It does take forever, but it’s really important!

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Gracie
                          @graciegirl

@daeus @dragon-snapper Exactly!! Math is fine until it takes you upwards of 20 minutes to find the point of intersection or something wierd like that. 😩 I’m heading into pre-calc and trigonometry this coming year, and I don’t hear great things about it….
                            Thank goodness for movie soundtracks, I’m not sure I could survive high school without them. 😜

Emma Flournoy
                            @emma-flournoy

@Dragon-Snapper Well we can’t have you eating with a fork now. And you need that flyer’s license.
                              Good for your math dragon-brain, too…or your everything dragon-brain, apparently. 😛 Wow. Nice for you. I can’t think of anything I just hated, but there were some things I could’ve skipped without minding. My absolute favorite though was logic, with these two books written by homeschooled brothers—The Fallacy Detective and The Thinking Toolbox. They’re AWESOME.

@Daeus
                              Whoo-hoo! *high-five* I know, it’s good in moderate doses. (Better unfrazzle your face now. It might get stuck that way.)
                              You quit math? You’re like…allowed to do that? *deliberates* Most interesting. I didn’t do Algebra 2, but that’s because Mom said I didn’t have to ’cause I’m not going to college. Not because I quit. Huh.

Emma Flournoy
                              @emma-flournoy

@GracieGirl Igg, pre-calc and trigonometry…I’ll be praying for you. XD

Gracie
                                @graciegirl

@Emma-Flournoy Thanks, I think I’m gonna need it. XD

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 95 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >