To the End of School *raises glass of Orange Juice*

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions To the End of School *raises glass of Orange Juice*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 1486

Hey guys!
      School is over! Let’s celebrate!
      *Throws confetti*
      What grades are you guys graduating? Is anyone graduating high school *raises hand*? College? *cough* @Aratrea. Congrats to all the graduates! Go conquer the world!
      *throws more confetti*
      For the graduates of 2017, what’s one thing you’ve learned through high school/college? Do you have any advice for those going into high-school/college

@Kina-Lamb
      @DelightInLife @GracieGirl @Rachelle @R-J-Wordsmith @Dragon-Snapper
      @Northerner @Leumeister @PerfectFifths @I-J-Anderson @Ethryndal @Sierra-R

@SleepwalkingMK
      @Brandon-Miller @Anne-of-Lothlorien @Julia-R @Anne-Swiftblade @TheLiteraryCrusader

@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise
      @Jess @ClaireC @Emma-Flournoy @His-instrument @Christi-Eaton @Gretald @R-J-Wordsmith @Overcomer @Ingridrd @Adry_Grace @Anna-Brie @Hannah-C @Jenali

@Mark-Kamibaya
      @Rolena-Hatfield @Sarah-H @Michael-Stanton @that_writer_girl_99 @cloudy @audrey-caylin @graciegirl @jane-maree @daeus

Ingrid
      @ingridrd
        • Total Posts: 830

Hurray! I cannot tell you how happy I am that summer is almost here. *starts dancing*
        I will be entering 10th grade in the fall…kinda scary.
        Yes, congratulations to all seniors! Go forth and conquer! The world awaits your awesomeness! 😉

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Josiah DeGraaf
        @aratrea
          • Total Posts: 717

I believe both @michael-stanton and myself graduated from college this year. 😀 The biggest thing I learned during my time at college wasn’t related to academics at all but was on the more personal level of what it means to live with a focus on pleasing God rather than other people around me. Still have a bunch I need to learn on that front, but at least there’s been progress. 😉

In terms of advice? On an academic level, organization and scheduling really is key. Plan out what you need to do and how you want to accomplish it, get yourself organized, and you’ll surprise yourself with how much you can get done. Taking 20-30 minutes at the beginning of each week to sketch out everything you need to accomplish pays dividends.

On a personal/spiritual level, expect things to get harder, especially in college when you need to make a lot of decisions for yourself. God’s likely going to test you in ways that you weren’t prepared to be tested, so don’t let your personal devotions, slip because that’s what you’re going to need to carry you through these times. A good prayer life can sustain you like nothing else can. Also, especially if you’re living away from home, if you can, find a really good local church with people who are really welcoming and will invite college students over for meals, and spend a lot of time there. I can’t tell you how much of a blessing it was for me to have a really welcoming church family that helped me get out of the college bubble for one day a week and remember what “real life” actually looks like. On that note, do also keep in regular touch with your family for the same reason. The more you can remember what life looks like outside the college bubble, the better IMO. It’s really cool to get to spend a ton of time with a lot of people in your age bracket, but it’s also really healthy to spend time with people outside that age bracket.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Rolena Hatfield
          @rolena-hatfield
            • Total Posts: 405

School ending is definitely a reason to celebrate! (I graduated in ’14 and didn’t go to college 😉 ) But I’ll pass around ice cream cake for those who did, because HURRAY you survived and you did it!!! And an extra blob of whip cream (perhaps a cherry on top) for those who still have a few years left. Don’t fret, cause high school goes by faster than you think it will. Enjoy those years while you can. 🙂

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Elizabeth
            @that_writer_girl_99
              • Total Posts: 1819

I’m graduating high school this year, but I also have my first year of college completed thanks to Dual-Enrollment. I’m thrilled to finally be starting college, but a little sad to leave my younger high-school friends behind. I’m going to school at home, though. (Go Bulls!)

Oh, goodness…advice. Honestly, a lot of what I could say, @aratrea already said. It’s so easy to be overwhelmed by everything going on, whether that be classes, extracurriculars, or personal stuff, but planning out your day-to-day schedule is a practical way to get everything done on time.
              I have a few friends who get stressed out very easily, but to be honest, I don’t struggle with the same problem. Focus on everything one step at a time. Know that God has a plan, that everything will work out for his good, and everything will happen like it’s supposed to.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Kate Flournoy
              @kate-flournoy
                • Total Posts: 3976

I’m graduating highschool as well. 😀
                Erm… advice. Hm. 😛 Okay, maybe not so much advice as encouragement, but for those of you like me who aren’t really stellar in any one area, it does get better. There is an end. You won’t be stuck in the sea of mediocrity forever. My courageous mom somehow managed to drag me through sixteen years of schooling and I can honestly say, looking back, that even the subjects I hated (*cough*math*cough*science*cough*english*cough**cough*) have stuck with me and been very useful. I’m very grateful my mom had the courage to do it, because if it’d been up to me I seriously would have quit. 😛
                SO. Yes. Anyway. Sometimes it seems like you’ll be floundering in the middle of algebra for eternity, but you will get through it. And when you get to the end, you can look back, and if nothing else, say ‘Well, at least I don’t have to fight that dragon again.‘ 😛

Gracie
                @graciegirl
                  • Total Posts: 889

🎈🎉🎊🎈🎉🎊🎈🎉🎊
                  Finishing up my sophomore year, so Imma gonna be an 11th grader next year! *dances*

Does anyone remember when being in sixth grade was the crowning achievement of your academic career? XD And then there was seventh and eighth grade where you were on top of the world. *nostalgic sigh*

Nowadays, I get the “we need to talk college” look from Mom every other week and it’s just…😨 *hides* *wishes frantically that she could teleport* #howdidigethere XD

Oh, zikers

Life is awesome.

🎉🎊🎈Oh, and congrats to all the college/high school graduates!! You survived! 🎉🎊🎈

*is probably geeking out about something*

Elizabeth
                  @that_writer_girl_99

Kate…yes. Yes. Yes. Algebra. Gross.

Um…not to be annoying or anything, but could you possibly pop over to the google docs and read chapter 3? @kate-flournoy

Elizabeth
                    @that_writer_girl_99

@graciegirl Wait a sec, you’re only in 10th grade? *sits down* Um. Okay. I was somehow convinced you were graduating like me and Kate. Oops.

College…isn’t as scary as it seems. Trust me. You’re gonna be fine. Be excited! After all, it’s only the gateway to the rest of your life, right?

Ethryndal
                      @ethryndal
                        • Total Posts: 1013

@graciegirl Someone who’s not graduating yet either! Yay for that! I’m finishing up my sophomore year too, and I say to all the graduates from the bottom of my heart, YAY FOR YOU. *unleashes the crazy tornadoes of glitter* I wish it was me.

But I ain’t going to college. *shakes head firmly* Sorry. 🙂

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Kate Flournoy
                        @kate-flournoy
                          • Total Posts: 3976

@Ethryndal well, me either. No need to apologize. 😉

Elizabeth
                          @that_writer_girl_99

Hm. @ethryndal Mind if I ask why?

Gracie
                            @graciegirl

@That_Writer_Girl_99 lol! oh goodness that’s funny. XD Nope, lil 16 year old here. *waves crazily*
                              Ah, yes. College actually sounds better the closer I get to it, but some days I’m still like….yeah, no. XD Weesa not gonna think about that any more than is necessary. Let’s survive our PSAT and SAT first. 😝

Gracie
                              @graciegirl

@Ethryndal High five!!! 😄

Elizabeth
                                @that_writer_girl_99

*pats your head* lil’gracie!

Oh my goodness. I took the ACT and hated it. There was too much math and science. Too much.
                                  And yeah, don’t worry. You still got time. @graciegirl

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >