Titles are going to be the death of me…

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Idea Critiques Titles are going to be the death of me…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Daeus
    @daeus
      • Total Posts: 4238

Hi @Emma/@kate-flournoy,

I see what you’re saying. Not having read the book, it’s a little hard for me to draw any clear lines, but I think you at least have a good point.

If I’m correct though, while the path the character takes is not untrodden in history, it is untrodden by anyone else he knows.

I can also see what you mean about a choreographer. Still though, I think if the cover image were done right, it could make sure nobody had that confusion. Now granted, you’re asking for a designer who really knows what they’re doing, but that’s probably what you want anyway.

Perhaps a two-word title might be better. Something like: Uncharted Lies; Uncharted Destiny; Uncharted Secrets …

Oh, by the way, I just realized you have the same name as my MC’s sister. *chuckle chuckle chortle whoop!* Didn’t plan that, but there you have it. I hope you don’t mind if I’m a little mean to you. I mean, it’s not much, but you just might have your mother die, and both your adoptive parents, and get kidnapped, and have a brother set on murder and desolation. You’re very nice though. A few things to iron out, some depth to add, but I’m working on that.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
      @kate-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 3976

Emma again…

‘But I have rewritten the book already in my head and I know exactly how it’s going to turn out, and I think the title fits… so THERE.’
        Oh, whoops…kinda forgot about that. Well, maybe I’ll see how it fits when the book’s done, though I think not. But if you thought it fit, why on earth did you chuck it in the first place? I honestly would think it a perfect name, if I could see how it fit!

Oh and by the by, a special thanks to you, @Daeus, for how often you engage Kate on the Wrtiters’ Corner. I am Kate’s NUMERO UNO fan, and I really, really like it when she writes a lot each night. And obviously I hate it when she only does a few paragraphs. 😉 So thank you very much, and have some pickles. Or, never mind—I kinda gathered you don’t like those all that well. How ’bout some raspberry and everlasting-cookie crumb ice cream, drizzled with maple syrup. That sounds considerably yummier. 😉
        And thanks to everyone else on the Wrtiters’ Corner too, it’s just that Daeus is on there the most often, as I’ve seen. I’m really glad you came up with that place. 🙂

Daeus
        @daeus

Oops, haha! We actually have an Emma on here already. Sorry other Emma. Didn’t mean to distract you. Just talking to the Flournoy Emma.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Hope Ann
          @hope
            • Total Posts: 1092

Hi again, @Emma (@kate-flournoy) *waves and grins* I’m so basing a pair of sisters off you two sometime. 😉

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Daeus
            @daeus

WWHHHAAAAATTTT???????????? I LOOOVVEEE PPIICCKKKKLLLLLEEEESSS!!!!!!

Oh yeah, the writer’s corner is totally awesome. Like pickle awsome. Speaking of which … well, just a moment here.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
              @kate-flournoy

Whoops @Daeus, posting at the same time!

Um, yeah; Kate does her own covers. 😉 They look really neat.

Ha, that’s funny! Which MC—your Edwin Brook? Nope, don’t mind a’tall. I totally understand about being mean to your characters. *smirk and double-smirk*

Kate Flournoy
                @kate-flournoy

Oh! Sorry. Here’s some more, then. Dill or bread-and-butter? @Daeus

@Hope
                  Thanks. Is that a good thing? 😉

Kate Flournoy
                  @kate-flournoy

Emma you better get your own account quick because this is rapidly getting very confusing… 😛 And we already have an Emma as @Daeus noted, so your username has to be something else…

@Hope
                    please do. But please understand what a crazy mess you’ll be getting yourself into at the same time! 😛

*sigh* I love my sister.

And @Daeus I’m designing the cover… 😛

Kate Flournoy
                    @kate-flournoy

I totally understand about being mean to your characters. *smirk and double-smirk*

Emma, that is not funny. *glare*

Daeus
                      @daeus

Dill’s best, but bread and butter are really good too.

Yeah, I mean Edwin Brook.

Let’s see if I can find someone to fix this now. Hmm, Ben Carson or Rolena Hatfield? I think Rolena Hatfield. @rolena-hatfield HELP! Emma has become Kate and she needs her own account!

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
                        @kate-flournoy

Yes, Kate—my username will be Emma Flournoy. The height of originality, isn’t it. And yes, it is funny Kate, or I wouldn’t have said it.
                          *sigh* I love my sister too. Oh and yes @Hope. Hi again. 🙂
                          And I’m not going to be regular on here, if anyone wanted to know; I would love doing that (provided y’all didn’t reject me on the grounds that I’m not a writer 😉 ), but I don’t really have time. Too bad. Maybe just occasionally. 🙂 Though it’s not like anyone’s going to miss me, since this is the first time I’ve showed up here. Anyway.

BEN CARSON??? WHY??? @Daeus. Do. Not. Say. That. Name. In. My. Presence!!!!! I much prefer Rolena Hatfield.

If I’m correct though, while the path the character takes is not untrodden in history, it is untrodden by anyone else he knows.

How did you know that?

Oh yes, dill. Good choice. But bread and butter are really good too. *wry little grin* Kate doesn’t like pickles, except for those spicy and sweet gherkin things which I think are too…odd tasting. I think she likes those…Kate?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Kate Flournoy.
                          Daeus
                          @daeus

Kate! How could you not like pickles? That’s just barely forgivable. It came close.

Emma, well, you know, Ben Carson does a good job at separating people into two distinct entities.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
                            @kate-flournoy

Emma, well, you know, Ben Carson does a good job at separating people into two distinct entities.

Oh. Oh yes. A terrific job. Yep, get what you mean now @Daeus. But that still doesn’t make me like him. In the least.

Oh and Kate, you had better finish editing this book before starting the next project. *raises eyebrows severely and sternly compresses mouth in best you-know-who impression*

*winkwinkwink*

Kate Flournoy
                              @kate-flournoy

*sighs weakly, shakes head in despair* I plan on it Emma.

And yes, I like gherkins. One at a time. And pickled okra. But pickles… sorry @Daeus. Not my thing.

Hope Ann
                                @hope
                                  • Total Posts: 1092

@kate-flournoy Since you’re friends, yes, it’s a good thing. 😉 Though, of course, the characters I base off friends will probably suffer more than characters a base off people I don’t like. But the characters based off people I don’t like would be less likeable and have worse ends. 😉

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 94 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >