Titles…again

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Hope Ann
    @hope
      • Total Posts: 1092

@Daeus, @Kate-flournoy, @anna-brie, @gretald, @overcomer, @bluejay, @jadamae

I’m back here in titles, guys, and I wanted your honest thoughts on an idea I got in the middle of the night and which just might work.

Sign of the Shield

It sounds snappy enough. It’s somewhat cryptic, but not completely baffling. It has a fantasy feel. It would go with the story and the full meaning of the title would be revealed at the end. My sister doesn’t know if it sound original enough though. But if I try something like ‘Sign of the Prince’s Shield’ or ‘Sign of the Nameless Shield’ it’s going to start getting too cluttered. Actually, ‘Sign of the Nameless Shield’ is kind of cool.

So what do you think? Which one is your favorite, or do none of them sound good (don’t be afraid to tell me)

Sign of the Shield
      Sign of the Nameless Shield
      Crowned Powerless (because I still like that title even though I don’t think it will work)

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Mallory O’Bier
      @overcomer
        • Total Posts: 550

Hey @hope ! 🙂 “Sign of the Shield” is alright. (It could be better than alright, but since I haven’t read your story it’s a little hard to say how well it goes, but it sounds nice:) What about “Emblazoned”? I just thought of it. Not saying it’s better than “Sign of the Shield,” but it was an idea, so I thought I’d mention it.

“Crowned Powerless” is really cool …

BlueJay
        @bluejay
          • Total Posts: 1622

@hope Sign of the Shield sounds great.
          *I still like Crowned Powerless, but I understand that some titles, no matter how awesome, just don’t work*

Anna Brie
          @anna-brie
            • Total Posts: 312

I’m okay with Sign of the Shield. I looked up and the only similar title is some kind of history of the Greeks.

Greta
            @gretald
              • Total Posts: 450

@Hope I’m late to the party but better late than never, right? I like the tile “Sign of the Shield,” but I like “Sign of the Nameless Shield” better. I also really like “Crowned Powerless…” 😉

Hope Ann
              @hope
                • Total Posts: 1092

@Greta Thanks. I’m currently naming the book Fidelyon…an idea I got a few days ago. 😉

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Sarah Hoven
                @sarah-h
                  • Total Posts: 669

Fidelyon is more original than the others. I like it.

Greta
                  @gretald
                    • Total Posts: 450

@Hope I like the sound of Fidelyon. 😉

Anna Brie
                    @anna-brie
                      • Total Posts: 312

Fidelyon doesn’t have the same amount of inherent meaning. That’s not necessarily a problem, but I think real words are much more popular these days.
                      The meaning I can get though is faith in God and I like that.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    >