Timezone Change Option?

Home Page Forums General Site Info Questions and Support Timezone Change Option?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Leumeister
    @leumeister
      • Total Posts: 244

Hello KeePers!

I live in GMT+08:00, so when I post during the day, it comes up late at night or early in the morning. I was wondering…
      A) What timezone is this set to? And…
      B) Could there be an option to change your timezone?

It would be very useful for those who live outside the USA, and outside the specific timezone it’s in. 🙂 I just thought it would be a good idea.

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

@leumeister Wait, it delays your post?

I think it’s set to EST. I don’t know about changing the time zone. Let me tag Josiah. @aratrea

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Josiah DeGraaf
        @aratrea
          • Total Posts: 717

@leumeister Thanks for the feedback! Like Daeus said, are you saying that it will delay your post for several hours, or just that when you’re posting during the day, it’s in the middle of the night for people in the US?

The time zone is currently linked to our web server’s timezone, which is EST. I love the idea of giving users the option to change their time zone. Unfortunately, I do not know if we have the technical ability to do that easily with the forum software we use (bbPress). I will look into it a bit more, and at the very least will certainly keep this in mind for future forum upgrades.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Leumeister
          @leumeister

@aratrea

No, sorry, I wasn’t clear. I meant to say that the post timestamp is at, like, 2:00 in the morning, or 11:53 at night, depending on the time of day I post. It’s not delaying them at all, on the contrary, they come up the second I click submit! Yeah, what you said. 😛

Okay, EST. I’ll have to look that up. 😛 Well, concerning the updates, I won’t hold my breath. 😛 It’s just a suggestion that I figured would do well. 🙂

Josiah DeGraaf
            @aratrea
              • Total Posts: 717

@leumeister Haha; no worries about the confusion! And yes, when we have the proper tech skills, we will definitely try to implement this. Feel free to keep shooting us any additional ideas you have for site improvements. 🙂

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Leumeister
              @leumeister

@aratrea:

Sure thing. I’ll post when I think of any. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              >