This Synopsis Thing Needs Critiquing

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Idea Critiques This Synopsis Thing Needs Critiquing

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Ethryndal
    @ethryndal
      • Total Posts: 1013

@Emma-Flournoy *dies* This is great. I’ve been waiting for your very thorough say so, and child, let me tell you, it didn’t disappoint.

Considering I’m not trying to market my synopsis yet, I think I’m just going to go with the first, slightly longer one (with your suggestions applied, of course, because I like them), and deal with the length later, if a situation should arise where I need a shorter one. *nod nod* Yeah.

Kindly forgive my grammar. It has a tendency to disobey me at times.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Ethryndal.

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

@ethryndal Just thought I should add that How To Write A Sizzling Synopsis is a helpful book for writing a synopsis. You’ve probably heard me say that before, but what can I say.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 1486

@ethryndal I loooove it!!!! Mwawhaha such a twist on the normal fairytale. I really liked the versions where you mentioned the slipper only fit the step-sister. I don’t think it gives too much away, because (correct me if I’m wrong) the synopsis usually reveals the first plot point to hook readers in (and that’s what I’m assuming the slipper part is. Unless it isn’t. In that case ignore this deranged human being). But I suppose if it is too long, it should be cut out *Sighs dramatically*

Emma Flournoy
          @emma-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 1352

@Ethryndal *grins* And that is an encouraging thought.

*revives you*

That makes sense. And I kindly forgive your grammar. *benevolent flourish*

This story is going to be so epic.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Emma Flournoy.
            Joy
            @dekreel
              • Total Posts: 2304

@ethryndal  I’m late… 😛  *gawks* This is so cool! I don’t care how long it is — It’s just so cool. I can’t wait to read the story!!

You can pronounce it however you want.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            >