This is for all of the Lonely Writers

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions This is for all of the Lonely Writers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Christine Eaton
    @christi-eaton
      • Total Posts: 306

Hey everyone,

So I’ve been thinking. (I know, I know, probably a dangerous past time.) From what I’ve seen from several of you around the forum and also what I’ve heard from several of you as I’ve talked to you one-on-one, is that you struggle with doubt, loneliness, and even depression. I too have struggled with these things. To those who are struggling, I wanted to point you to an article I found browsing the archives of the wonderful Rabbit Room. This is for all the Lonely Writers article by Jennifer Trafton

So for those of you in “the depths of despair” as Anne Shirley would say, keep creating your art and hold fast to your Savior, the one who holds you even now.

KP Andrew Peterson Quote

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

SeekJustice
      @seekjustice
        • Total Posts: 3365

@Christi-eaton, that was an amazing piece, thanks for sharing it! I resonate with Jennifer’s words so deeply, I’ve always found myself lonely and it doesn’t bother me most of the time, but sometimes it just hurts so much and that’s why I love writing. its a chance to share myself with the world and show my feelings to others who might feel the same way. Thank you.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Kate Flournoy
        @kate-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 3976

Wow… um… wow.

Okay that was basically my existence in a nutshell… I think I’m going to be floored and absolutely useless for the rest of the day. 😛
          Thank you so much for sharing, @Christi-Eaton. That was beyond encouraging.

Christine Eaton
          @christi-eaton

@kate-flournoy Don’t worry, I was sort of like that too when I first read it. 😉

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

bethanys.inky.roses
            @bethanysinkyroses
              • Total Posts: 193

@christi-eaton Thank you so much for sharing. This gave words to thoughts that always confused me. In the past, I have tested as an extrovert. But I think certain life experiences have molded me into more of an introvert. So I can speak for the extroverted ones: they must pass through a season of depression and loneliness to see art and beauty and have that burning need to release it in Art.

Ethryndal
              @ethryndal
                • Total Posts: 1013

Well that was stunning… I feel slightly dazed. This is something I’ve struggled with for a while—the deep places of my soul that need understanding, but no one can understand. Turning to fictional characters in fictional worlds to keep me company, because there’s no one else.
                Thanks for this, @Christi-Eaton. It was monumentally encouraging and comforting.

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

NC Stokes
                @daughteroftheking
                  • Total Posts: 1156

Thank you, @Christi-Eaton.

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Christine Eaton
                  @christi-eaton

I’m so glad I was able to share something that was able to impact you all a little bit. <3

Hannah
                    @salome01w4g
                      • Total Posts: 991

@christi-eaton

This is interesting before I developed heavy depression last winter I had never taken writing seriously, but then depression happened and I wrote for all I was worth.

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

Catwing
                      @catwing
                        • Total Posts: 2557

@christi-Eaton Nice poem… Very pretty *smiles* Thanks for sharing.

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

EpicAddie2
                        @epicaddie2
                          • Total Posts: 794

@christi-eaton
                          Thank you so much for sharing this! I feel like the article was specifically directed at me. Everything she said I could relate to in one way or another.
                          Lately I’ve been feeling more lonely than ever. During the summer I hadn’t really noticed how lonely I was because I distracted myself by writing and reading. I only paid attention to all the “friends” I had in literature. For the majority of summer I was hardly ever in the real world.
                          But now that school has started and I haven’t had as much time to read and write, I’ve noticed how lonely I’ve really been. At school, I’m the one who no one talks to or acknowledges. I’m simply just… not there.
                          Now I realize that loneliness isn’t all that bad. Without it, I’m sure I wouldn’t write as much.
                          I’m glad I read this. It’s very encouraging!

INFJ ~ 4w5
                          aldarley.wordpress.com

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        >