The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 416 total)
  • Author
    Skredder
    @skredder
      • Total Posts: 527

@dekreel Aww! This was awesome! 😀

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Snapper
      @dragon-snapper
        • Total Posts: 3515

@dekreel XD Epic. I love the perfect fifths thing. 😛

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Louise Fowler
        @perfectfifths
          • Total Posts: 726

@dekreel lol, I always find it hilarious what you interpret Perfect Fifths as. And that you make me a bird. XD But did you know it’s actually a musical term?

Currently reading Les Miserables

Catwing
          @catwing
            • Total Posts: 2557

@dekreel Another great part!
            *cough* Well, I have weird things happen cause of the Wonder Portal.
            I had the chairs appear so that whenever @dragon-snapper says anything she can melt a chair after. See her tag.
            I’m not saying you should change it. It’s great! I’m just saying. 🙂

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 155

@dekreel Just saw this…It’s great! Can’t wait for the next bit!!

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 1486

Perfect Fifths, of course. XD

Joy
                @dekreel
                  • Total Posts: 2304

@winter-rose  @dragon-snapper  @waterlily  @ashlyvye  @everyone-else-who-commented

Thank you all! I’m sorry I didn’t reply to you guys earlier 🙂

@perfectfifths
                    Oh! 0.0  What kind of musical term? What’s it mean?

You can pronounce it however you want.

Louise Fowler
                  @perfectfifths

@dekreel It refers to when notes are five tones apart, or 8 semitones (but if you’re not musical, that’ll probably just confuse you). The violin is tuned to perfect fifths (G, D, A, E from lowest to highest), So if you count five notes starting from G to D on a piano, it’s an interval of five notes. There’s a reason they’re specifically called ‘perfect’ (I think there are perfect fourths and perfect eights as well, but I’m not sure), I just don’t remember it.

Joy
                    @dekreel

@perfectfifths  Ahh! Yes, I am a musical person… Wait, do you play violin? 🙂

So a C and a G combined is a perfect fifth……?

Louise Fowler
                      @perfectfifths

@dekreel. Yep. And yes, so like the cello and viola is tuned to C, G, D and A, and they’re still tuned to perfect fifths.

Joy
                        @dekreel

The GIF-hiders: An Easter Story

Part Three: The Flight to the Castle

That afternoon, Jenna opened the door of her house to a whooshing noise just outside, and she gasped at the sight of a sleek, dark red dragon, peering at her silently with yellow eyes.

Jenna’s mouth couldn’t help but fall open, even after hours of mental preparation. But now that she was actually looking upon Knight Kate’s dragon, raw, sheer reality was being flung at her face.

The dragon continued to stare at her with those warm yet piercing eyes. Jenna took a deep breath, closed the door behind her, and approached the dragon.

The great beast turned slightly and lowered its neck, waiting patiently for the apprehensive sixteen-year-old to clamber aboard. Before she did so, she reached out and sheepishly grazed the smooth red scales and the black horns with her fingertips.

“Please take it easy, big guy,” she whispered, “I’ve never been on a dragon before.” She clutched her skirt and flung one leg onto his neck and heaved herself upright. She brushed her bangs out of her face and leaned forward and grasped his horns with sweaty hands.

“Take it easy,” she whispered again, her voice trembling.

The dragon responded with a huff and a gentle grunt and lifted himself back onto his legs.

WHOOSH

He started to flap his huge sleek wings, and before long, they were a few dozen feet off the ground.

Jenna took her breaths in terrified gasps. She dared not move, nor look down. She focused her attention on the dragon’s head. “What have I gotten myself into?” she muttered, her whispery voice cracking.

Then the dragon began its flight forward. Jenna’s eyes watered in the wind, and she had to look down at the scales so she wouldn’t be blinded by it. She risked a glance beyond the scales and down to the ground. Trees, buildings, houses, people and the occasional creature thing passed by rapidly.

And when she looked a little higher, at the horizon on either side of her, she could see the ocean. To her left she could even see another island, one that was bigger than this one. According to the Kapeefers, it contained the fog-blanketed country of Aethasia, and the neighboring desert country of Taranar. It wasn’t long before she was peering at the land and the sea under the dragon without fear. She couldn’t keep a grin from creeping onto her face.

If only she could get around like this more!

She suddenly felt the dragon begin to descend. She gasped a little and grasped the horns tightly. She looked down again, and beheld the largest and most majestic castle she had ever seen.

The castle Regnis.

Where King Daeus was waiting.

Chills ran down her spine at the thought, which didn’t help in the nippy wind.

The dragon circled lower and lower to the ground. After a few rather nauseating minutes, to Jenna’s great relief, the dragon fluttered his wings, and landed on the neatly cropped lawn.

They were within the walls of the Castle.

He once again lowered his neck to the ground, and Jenna slid off, feeling dazed and exhilarated. “I want to do that again…” she thought gazing up at the boundless sky.

As if he understood her thoughts, the dragon rumbled gently and nuzzled her slightly.

“Kai! You’re back!” came a woman’s voice from behind Jenna. She turned to see a short, lanky woman with frizzy black hair strutting toward them with a giant grin on her face. “Hello! You must be Jenna.”

“Yes, I am,” Jenna replied giving a shy but genuine smile.

After stroking Kai the dragon a couple times, the woman approached Jenna, “Glad to meet you, I’m Kate.”

Knight Kate?”

“Yes, although I think that sounds a little awkward. Just call me Kate.” she winked.

Jenna smiled. “Okay. Soooo, what am I doing here?”

“King Daeus will explain soon. Ah, here he is!”

Jenna’s eyes grew round. She had expected that she had to come to the throne room and meet him, not he meet her in the fields.

And yet, there he was.

He, like Kate, wore a genial smile. He had curly brown hair, soft brown eyes and a thin beard. His red cape waved behind him, matching with the clusters of red gems on his golden crown. The famous Raspberry Crown.

“Hello!” he waved to Jenna and Kate.

“Hi!” Kate waved back.

The King stopped and looked down at Jenna, who tensed and looked back at him as calmly as possible. “Hello, Jenna! How are you doing?”

Her mouth twitched constantly as she struggled to find the right words to address the King. “Um, I’m… doing fine, Your Majesty.”

The King laughed, “Ohh, enough of that! Call me Daeus. I’m especially informal for a king, despite my attire. Talk to me as if I were a commoner.”

“Oh…well okay.” Jenna wasn’t sure to think of this odd King. She shook off the confusion and awkwardness, and repeated her question, “So what am I doing here?”

“Good question. Have a seat and I’ll answer it.” He gestured to a bench under a tree.

Kate the Knight led Kai away as Jenna sat down as slowly and modestly as possible, and Daeus joined her.

He leaned his elbows on his legs casually and said to Jenna, “I need your help.”

Jenna inhaled in a surpressed gasp. A King wants her help, she repeated to herself. “With what?” she inquired calmly.

“Well, you know Easter is in a few days, right?”

“Right.”

“Well, as a Kingdom-wide tradition, all the KeePers gather here at the Vivid Green forest to go on a giant Easter-GIF hunt. Usually, Princess Emma, Kate’s sister, is the one who hides the GIFs the night before Easter. But this year she is busy.” He rolled his eyes. “She just had to pick this time, of all times, to start obsessively reading Les Miserables.”

Jenna giggled.

“Anyway, so I want you to hide the GIFs.”

“Me?!”

“Yes, you.” Daeus grinned.

“Why me?”

“Because, since you’re new, it would be a great opportunity to get to know the place a little better. Also, I understand that you are not very busy at the moment. Many KeePers are at work writing. Writing for the Author of the Universe. They love it, and nothing can tear them from it.”

Jenna felt a prick in her heart. Many here were writing stories and poetry successfully for the Author, while she was scribbling diary captions. She wanted to fume.

Daeus continued, “So would you be willing to hide the GIFs on the night before Easter this year?”

Well, she thought sarcastically, As long as I’m not passionate about working on some world-changing project. “Sure, I’ll do it,” she replied, smiling.

He grinned, “Excellent! All right, Kate’s dragon will take you back home, and then pick you back up on Saturday morning. When you arrive, we will discuss plans, and, of course, you will get a little tour around the castle.”

Jenna was now grinning as wide as the King, “Sounds great. I’m excited!”

“Good! You ought to be excited. GIF-hunting is a very unique tradition that you won’t see anywhere else in the world.”

“Unique indeed,” she remarked.

Several minutes later, as she was flying back home on Kai’s back once again, she thought to herself with a smirk, This has been the bestistest day of my life.

It gets better. The next chapter is one of my favorites XD

Starring: Jenna  @kate-flournoy  @daeus  Kai

@catwing
                            @dragon-snapper  @rochellaine  @aislinn-mollisong  @ariella-newheart  @skredder  @rochellaine  @seekjustice  @ashlyvye  @winter-rose  @perfectfifths  @ethryndal  @mnvalentine  @emma-flournoy  @kaya-young  @jenali  @corissa-maiden-of-praise  @sierra-r  @kapeefers

Kaya Young
                          @kaya-young
                            • Total Posts: 272

@dekreel  That was officially super awesome! 🙂 😉 🙂

The Kingdom has been torn asunder...
                            http://www.encircledbygrace.com/

Joy
                            @dekreel

@kaya-young  *hangs up certificate of super awesomeness by story*  Thanks!! 😉

Catwing
                              @catwing

@dekreel That is great!

Catwing
                                @catwing

@dekreel That was great! I really liked it! *wonders about next part*

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 416 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >