The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 416 total)
  • Author
    Bella B.
    @ashlyvye
      • Total Posts: 96

@dekreel   Ooooohhh  Ok!  If you want to, then sure, I’d love to be part of it!  😀

*insert awesome signature because I'm a bit too lazy to come up with one*

Aislinn Mollisong
      @aislinn-mollisong
        • Total Posts: 445

@dekreel MAGNIFICENT!!!!!!!! I can’t believe I missed this when it came out! TOP NOTCH!!!

ENTP, Aether-borg Hero with cape obsession and fascination with swords.
        https://forums.theaetherli

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine
          • Total Posts: 3322

@dekreel CHAP is a homeschool conference in Pennsylvania.  Last year I was there with my family as vendors for our family ministry, and Josiah was there with a KP booth.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SleepwalkingMK
          @sleepwalkingmk
            • Total Posts: 179

OH my GOODNESS.

This is pure gold.

Read to explore worlds, write to create them.

WarrenLuther04
            @warrenluther04
              • Total Posts: 270

@dekreel Phew! Thank goodness!

Kapeefer 'Till We're Old and Grey!
              ENFJ-T ... I think (haven't taken the quiz in awhile)

Jenna Terese
              @jenwriter17
                • Total Posts: 2522

@dekreel This is so cool!!! I love it ❤😉

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                www.jennaterese.com

WarrenLuther04
                @warrenluther04
                  • Total Posts: 270

@dekreel

“As a warning, I have a knack for melting chairs. Or else, why would you have a stool?”

😃😝

Most likely my favorite part. Hands (paws, 🐶) down!

Kapeefer 'Till We're Old and Grey!
                  ENFJ-T ... I think (haven't taken the quiz in awhile)

introvert_girl
                  @introvert_girl
                    • Total Posts: 153

@sam-kowal I’m planning on jumping on the Kapeefer fanfic train, and had some questions about Stan, and didn’t want to make a new thread just to ask. So I was wondering whether or not Stan can fly, aprox. how large he is, and what color he is?

And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.

Sam Kowal
                    @sam-kowal
                      • Total Posts: 635

@introvert_girl 😀 *wheeeeeee* Stan is super, super thrilled

Okay, so, can Stan fly) Nope. Sadly, because his wings are small and stubby. He can jump very well though.

How big is he) He’s actually gotten smaller over time (sorry, Stan, I know that’s not what you want to hear.) I picture him about the size of a large armchair.

What color is he) Orange, and yellow. His scales are mottled and kind of streaks of yellow blended into the orange. Also, he has white spikes poking out of him.

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                      Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Joy
                      @dekreel
                        • Total Posts: 2304

The Gif Hiders

Part Two: The Bird and her Cake

The Kingdom of Pen did grow weirder and weirder for Jenna, but only gradually. After a few days, ever since she had come, she had met some centaurs, a mermaid, another dragon, a tiger, and even a droid. But the weirdness didn’t exactly just rocket into the air until about three weeks after she had first come to shore.

The raspberry-esque Sun had yet to rise its highest. Everything was quiet and still. Her window was open, as always; a light breeze brought in the scent of damp grass from a rainstorm the previous night.

Jenna was sitting at her desk, journaling, and enjoying the moist breeze that flowed into the house. Her eyes were focused on her paper, paying attention to each little curve and swoop of her cursive handwriting.

Then she jumped, and her pen made an ugly jagged line on her page, when a caw-like voice penetrated the silence: “Want me to cut the cake?”

Jenna looked toward the window and beheld a large, black bird with white spots. “I can cut in Perfect Fifths,” she offered, smiling birdishly.

“Uhhh, no thank you,” replied a bewildered Jenna.

“You sure?” the bird cocked her head.

“Hang on,” Jenna’s brow wrinkled, “What cake?!”

“I brought one, just in case you wanted one, and I set it on that table. And if you want it cut, too, I can cut in Perfect Fifths.” That funny smile again.

Jenna blinked and glanced into the pocket kitchen. Sure enough, on the table, was a round cake with about a nine-inch diameter.

The bird sighed. “All right, well if you don’t want it cut, you could at least accept it.”

“Oh! Oh, um, yeah, go ahead and cut it! Sure!” Jenna blurted, flustered at the awkwardness.

“Wonderful!” The bird hopped inside and onto the table. She reached into her folded wings with one claw and produced a butter knife. Jenna watched with fascination and a bit of awe as the bird cocked her head a few times at the cake, and then gently sliced the cake into five neat and tidy sections. When she was done, she gnawed at the stray frosting on the knife, slipped it back under her wing, beamed at Jenna, and announced, “The most Perfect Fifths!!”

“Thank you!” Jenna couldn’t help but chuckle, “I appreciate it.”

“My pleasure! I’m Louise, by the way.” The bird bowed slightly. “Now, down to business. King Daeus summons you.”

Dumbfounded, Jenna blinked at the bird. “W-Why?”

“He didn’t tell me.” She shrugged her wings. “I’m just his messenger. Anyway. By the decree of the King, you, Jenna Trapperton, shall come to his castle this afternoon. Knight Kate will send over one of her dragons to the front of your house. You are to get on her back and ride her to the castle Regnis, where the King will meet you. Understand?”

“…Yes,” Jenna said, still in a daze.

“Good. Now, I must depart. Enjoy the cake!” And with that, Louise darted out the window and flew away.

“Yeah,” Jenna replied to no one in particular.

Summoned?

Summoned by the King?

Her?!

Why her, out of over five hundred Kapeefers on the island of the Kingdom of Pen?

Well, she would have all morning to think about it.

She found herself gazing idly at Louise’s cake. She stood up from her stool and approached it. It smelled sweet and chocolaty, and the frosting looked so irresistibly smooth. She opened a cupboard nearby and pulled out a plate and a knife. She carefully guided one of the “Perfect Fifths” onto the plate and sat back down at her desk with it. She took a modest bite, studied the flavor, and smiled.

It wasn’t just any cake, it was a chocolate-vanilla-swirl-ice-cream cake.

Don’t worry, guys, it just gets better 😉

Starring Jenna and @perfectfifths

@dragon-snapper
                          @aislinn-mollisong  @sam-kowal  @daeus  @rochellaine  @lady-iliara  @catwing  @clairec  @seekjustice  @that_writer_girl_99  @introvert_girl  @ariella-newheart  @kate-flournoy  @emma-flournoy  @winter-rose  @skredder  @graciegirl

You can pronounce it however you want.

ClaireC
                        @clairec
                          • Total Posts: 628

@dekreel, good work. 🙂 I like the small installments.

Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers

Ben Powell
                          @supermonkey42
                            • Total Posts: 273

@dekreel And this is why KP is the bestest place on the Internet. Bravo.

A Kapeefer for life!
                            Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Emma Flournoy
                            @emma-flournoy
                              • Total Posts: 1352

@Dekreel This is great. XD And I agree with @ClaireC, the small installments are nice; makes it easier to read and in one sitting. 😉

@PerfectFifths
                              If you really could cut in perfect fifths that would be quite a feat.

Sam Kowal
                              @sam-kowal
                                • Total Posts: 635

@dekreel 😀 😀 Awesome! I really like how this is a series with little pieces. XD The cake into Perfect Fiths… that was funny.

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                                Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Rochellaine
                                @rochellaine
                                  • Total Posts: 3322

@dekreel This is really cute!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 416 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >