The Wingfeather Saga Short Film

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Film The Wingfeather Saga Short Film

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Christine Eaton
    @christi-eaton
      • Total Posts: 306

Okay, all my Wingfeather fans. I hope you all knew about the Wingfeather Saga short film Andrew Peterson and a bunch of other cool people have been working on, because it’s here. And if you didn’t know, well here you go. Enjoy 15 minutes of beauty, art, story, and good music from The Arcadian Wild to check out.

https://rabbitroom.com/2017/12/release-the-sea-dragons/ 

So I hope you enjoy, I just had to share this from one of my wonderful communities to another.

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 155

Loved. The. Thwap. I must say though, them walking on the edge of the cliff scared me half to death. 🙂

Christine Eaton
        @christi-eaton

@waterlily Yes! I loved the way they added in the footnotes. And my mom thought the same thing about them walking on the edge of the cliff. 🙂

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Joy
          @dekreel
            • Total Posts: 2304

@christi-eaton  I just watched the Wingfeather Saga short film last night! It was cool! I liked Peet X)

I loved he part where it was sparkling everywhere when Leeli started singing, and the fang was like blown away. That was AWESOME! So well done!

Oh yeah, I agree with @waterlily about the footnotes. HILARIOUS XD

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Joy.

You can pronounce it however you want.

Aislinn Mollisong
            @aislinn-mollisong
              • Total Posts: 445

I reaaaaaaally want to read this series now! THAT WAS AMAZING!!! And the song…..

ENTP, Aether-borg Hero with cape obsession and fascination with swords.
              https://forums.theaetherli

Christine Eaton
              @christi-eaton

@dekreel @aislinn-mollisong I’m glad you guys enjoyed it at much as I did. 🙂 So much love and work was poured into that. I enjoyed the credits rather immensely. (Especially when the last two names in the special thanks section are new friends of yours 🙂 )

Anonymous
                  • Total Posts: 95

@dekreel, @aislinn-mollisong, @waterlilly @christi-eaton

Wingfeather Thread!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE  this series. I have a good friend who introduced it to me the summer of 2017 and I fell head over heels for it. (actually, I got the books for Christmas)

I did know that Peterson was making this film and was following the progress on Facebook. Despite my excitement, I was VERY disappointed with the film. I feel that as amazing as it was it did not do justice to the book. You simply can not stick On the edge of the dark sea of darkness into 15 mins.

Branching off from the movie, I’d like to know what you guys like about the books. WHo your fav characters are, what your fav scenes are and especially what you think of the end of Warden and the Wolf King. Just in case some of you need to read the books still I will refrain from divulging into the ending in its entirety but will go so far to say that it is a beautify rendition of Jesus’ sacrifice for us. Love to hear your thoughts!

EpicAddie2
                  @epicaddie2
                    • Total Posts: 794

Okay, I just finished watching it and I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!! Especially the music! I’ve been waiting for this to come out for the longest time, and the wait was totally worth it!

INFJ ~ 4w5
                    aldarley.wordpress.com

EpicAddie2
                    @epicaddie2
                      • Total Posts: 794

Okay, I just finished watching it and I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!! Especially the music! I’ve been waiting for this to come out for the longest time, and the wait was totally worth it!

INFJ ~ 4w5
                      aldarley.wordpress.com

SleepwalkingMK
                      @sleepwalkingmk
                        • Total Posts: 179

Oh goodness. I just finished reading On the Dark Sea of Darkness and it has become one of my favorites. Thank you so much for this video! I’m off to watch it 😀

Read to explore worlds, write to create them.

Christine Eaton
                        @christi-eaton

@inkling-for-christ The reason why I think the film does do the book justice is becasuse of just how well made and crafted it was in only 15 minutes. This was their way of making something that can be made into a full-length tv series and expanded throughout the books and its lands. It was a sample of what can be done further. And within this short time those who know the books see the richness of the storytelling packed into it. The amount of foreshadow and beginning of character arc shows so much promise for the future of telling these stories through visual artwork and animation.

All that said, my favorite character is definitely Peet the Sock Man and I loved all four books dearly.

@epicaddie2
                          Yes! The Arcadian Wild is one of my favorite bands and they did such a great job with the music.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        >