The Peleg Chronicles

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Book Discussions The Peleg Chronicles

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jada Morrison
    @jadamae
      • Total Posts: 199

So, thanks to Rosey and others, (and the fact that they were cheap on kindle) I read the Peleg Chronicles. They were very interesting and made you want to keep reading. However, there were a few things that I noticed. Was it just me, or was it a little hard to follow the timeline of the story and how it overlapped? They followed the stories of a few different characters so it was a little confusing what was happening when. Going along with that, sometimes it wasn’t clear what and how things were happening. Also, it did get a little repetitive how Suzie kept getting kidnapped. Some things I liked especially were the revealing of Count Rosencross at the end, Horatio, (who wouldn’t love to have a wolf that is trained?), and Oded and his animals. This book did have many lovable characters, including Thiery, Suzie, Fergus, Lord McDougal, Lady Mercy, the Chronicler, and Diego Dandolo.

Similar books/series would include: Books of the Infinite Series by R J Larson (This series is SO good) and the Chiveis Series by Brian Litfin*
      *I didn’t finish this series because I felt it was more graphic than it needed to be, especially when describing the false religions of that day. If you are comfortable with this, they are great.

Any other thoughts?

Rosey Mucklestone
      @writefury
        • Total Posts: 467

Awesome! Someone actually went and read them! 😉 Glad you liked them, Jada. 🙂
        Hmm… I’ve heard a lot of people say the geography and all was hard to follow. Maybe I had it a bit easier because mom read them out loud to our whole family, so we were able to kind of get the whole image together in our minds better.
        Oded is so sweet and funny. I loved the scene with him and Suzie trying to make Fergus smile especially. XD Poor Fergus. And Horatio was definitely awesome. 😉
        Have you seen the intro to the 4th book he’s writing on his blog? It’s pretty awesome. matthewchristianharding.com/green-archer-intro/

Jada Morrison
        @jadamae
          • Total Posts: 199

Some of it could have been that I am more of a skim/speed reader so I might have been my fault that I got a little confused. I checked out the intro. It will be fun to read it when it comes out. Diego was such a great character. Have you read the Books of the Infinite Series? The first one, Prophet is free on kindle if you have one.

Hope Ann
          @hope
            • Total Posts: 1092

I just go the first book for free on my Kindle! I’m not sure when I’ll get around to reading it since I already have a few books on my reading list, but I’m looking forward to it. 🙂

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Rosey Mucklestone
            @writefury
              • Total Posts: 467

@Jada: I just finished Prophet and have the next one ordered from the library. It’s really good so far! 🙂 I can see a few Peleg Chronicles similarities…

@Hope
              : First books of the infinite, or Peleg chronicles?

Hope Ann
              @hope
                • Total Posts: 1092

The first book of the Peleg Chronicles

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              >