The Last Jedi

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Film The Last Jedi

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Ben Powell
    @supermonkey42
      • Total Posts: 273

Ooh, the Hux idea’s cool. It ties in with the Aftermath book trilogy.

A Kapeefer for life!
      Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Sam Kowal
      @sam-kowal
        • Total Posts: 635

@ethryndal You know, I didn’t think of that. The Emperor is only in the originals for a minute or two before Jedi, and that does work. Although the difference there is that we see Darth Vader, in his own right an extremely powerful antagonist, following orders from this mysterious emperor. Palpatine is made to be a big deal. Whereas, the Knights of Ren, aren’t made to be as much, but I assumed they were the students who rebelled against Luke along with Kylo. I can see how it might actually work pretty well now, though

XD 😀 *shudders and decides never to turn to the darkside if the darkside’s greatest villain was actually that boy*

There probably will be an Episode X someday, I think. There’ll probably be a movie about Boba Fett someday. Star Wars may be a little milked in a bunch of years. I didn’t realize that for now Episode X’s not what they’re doing though… maybe Broom Boy will be in another movie. Unless he’s…

Oh, dear. I just thought of something. What if Broom Boy is a Skywalker? You know… Kylo’s little brother, and Han brought him on a smuggling mission and lost him… and that’s really what made Leia so upset… oh wait, he’s too much younger than Kylo. Still.

@supermonkey42
        I thought Yoda was pretty great, actually. I was totally not expecting him to appear, and when he did, I just decided to split my face open with a grin. I can see why people might get annoyed, thinking, ‘Oh, he was popular, of course Disney has to bring him back into things.’ But from a purely Star Wars point of view… it was wonderful

😀

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Sam Kowal.

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
        Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Linyang Zhang
        @devastate-lasting
          • Total Posts: 1700

Gonna post something short…

(Been busy with writing, which explains my absence)

The last Jedi was great, but am I the only one who thinks that Kylo Ren and Rey are gonna end up together?

(Also, how do you tag people like that?)

(To self: It is nine thirty at night. Get off the computer.)

Lately, it's been on my brain
          Would you mind letting me know
          If hours don't turn into days

Sam Kowal
          @sam-kowal

@devastate-lasting

I really hope they don’t. They have a really tense, sympathetic, awesome, unique relationship. It does not need to be turned into a love thing.

😀 Oh, to tag… under everyone’s name and pic is their tag, preceded by ‘@.’ Just write their tag, and then they’ll be tagged.

@sam-kowal

I just tagged myself

Can you even do that?

I guess when I post this post I’m gonna find out if it turns up green

Edit: Yep, I guess you can tag yourself.

Daeus
            @daeus
              • Total Posts: 4238

@sam-kowal

#RenandReyforever

*leaves*

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Sam Kowal
              @sam-kowal

@supermonkey42 I’m guessing that’s what he’s doing… hiding them somewhere and then preparing them to serve him. Actually, mightn’t those students actually have become the Knights of Ren? In which case, @ethryndal, that gives them a little more setup to be the supervillains of Episode 9… on top of the point that they don’t actually need as much setup as I had thought to be good villains.

Oh, wow. I actually just got a notification from myself. It feels super weird 😛

Sam Kowal
                @sam-kowal

@daeus

I’m totally taking that as ‘they need to be the way they are already forever’ in which case they would remain exactly like they were in Episode 8 and you are supporting me.

Thank you.

*Polite bow*

*self-assured nod*

Snapper
                  @dragon-snapper
                    • Total Posts: 3515

@daeus NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Never. STAR WARS IS NOT A ROMANCE.

Okay…so am I the only one who actually does not like this one as much as Force Awakens. I know I posted earlier, but I’m thinking about it more.

*prepares for everyone to retaliate*

I found Snoke a little disappointing. In the Force Awakens he was a mysterious overlord, dark, cloaked, and full of epic whispers and scary music. I expected that if and when Rey was brought to him, it’d be a lot…darker. Such as–HE WOULDN’T BE WEARING A BRIGHT GOLDEN TUNIC IN A BRIGHT CHERRY RED ROOM! 😐 — *cough* Sorry. Dragon moment. 😀 Not only that, but I didn’t think his character followed from the Force Awakens. Force Awakens, he’s–like I said–scary and mysterious. In this movie, I thought he was bossy, overly extroverted compared to the first movie, and laughs a lot. Nothing wrong with laughing, it just seemed out of character.
                    That was Rant 1.

Also, I found Rose to be a little disjointed. I think the writers could’ve come up with a better plot without her. She was cool near the end, but I still didn’t think she was necessary.

And then there’s DJ. *groan and eternal groan* (Of course, I doubted we were supposed to like him. 😉 )

Then there’s one thing I couldn’t stand was that Leia was able to save herself from outer space using the force. Does everyone have the force in these new movies? Neither Rey nor Leia nor the kid with the broom nor Maz were trained in the force…but they use it more than Luke does. Obviously we don’t need no Jedi Hor’doeuvres…*cough* Order. 😛

Where did the vice-admiral come from??? Purple hair? 😉

And Poe. I found him out of character too. I thought he was too out-of-line and rebellious. (Nothing wrong with that either. 😀 😉 [False Prince by J. A. Nielsen] buuut, it just isn’t Poe.)

Anyways…. Rant over. Does anyone feel the way I feel? (this is how I felt about Rogue One as well…didn’t like) I’m not saying Last Jedi was bad, not in the least. But it wasn’t as good as it should’ve been.

And I shall repeat it again.
                    STAR WARS IS NOT A ROMANCE! Or at least, it shouldn’t be. Especially not a love triangle. Or square. Or pentagon???
                    Rey.
                    Poe.
                    Finn.
                    Rose.
                    Kylo.

Yep, that’s a Pentagon. It’s all down to who gets cool girl Jedi. But the thing is, she’s a Jedi. Not allowed to get married. Hehee. 😀

Any thoughts? Because I’m completely open to them. I’d love to love this movie more. 😉 😀 😛

@supermonkey42
                    @sam-kowal @ethryndal @dekreel @

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Joy
                    @dekreel
                      • Total Posts: 2304

@dragon-snapper

Then there’s one thing I couldn’t stand was that Leia was able to save herself from outer space using the force. Does everyone have the force in these new movies?

I don’t know the fine points of Star Wars, but I have heard that Leia doesn’t use the force. So reading that, I was thinking… Did someone else save her? I wonder… *wiggles eyebrows*

You can pronounce it however you want.

Sam Kowal
                      @sam-kowal

@dragon-snapper XD XD I agree with you. About the NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thingy.

Rey and Ren have the coolest situation right now. Please no romance

Although, I guess I don’t mind romance itself in Star Wars. Han and Leia were good, and all that. Anakin and Padme should be forgotten though.

XD That’s right about Rey. The Jedi order is over, though. She can do whatever she wants, now. Including walking away

As far as the film itself… well, I’ve already said I loved it. Stan did too. (He’s practicing auditioning to be the big bad of Episode 9, right now.)

Snoke, yeah, wasn’t the best part of the movie. The red throne room was a cool visual, I thought. His golden bathrobe was… well, not. I kind of agree with what you said about the way he acted, too. He wasn’t scary, and he acted like a deranged old man who has just caught someone stealing his golf cart (Rey) and then laughing about some horrible thing he was going to do to them because of it.

The thing is, his lameness didn’t affect me much at all. I was way to engrossed with Kylo to let Snoke disappoint me. Kylo is honestly, one of my favorite villains now. He outshone everything about Snoke, which was why I still loved the film.

Rose… yeah, she was slightly tacked on. She didn’t strike me as my favoritest Star Wars character ever. She wasn’t terrible though. She had emotional depth, and was really funny in her first scene. XD XD “I don’t do talking with Resistance heroes very much… *frowns*…”Yeah, do talking”

Leia was way too force strong, yeah. Somehow people’s force powers are getting stronger and stronger over time in Star Wars… I thought that was the moment they were going to, you know… ;(

But nope. She’s a superforce girl. Again, that didn’t bother me a ton. She’s Luke’s sister, after all, and the Force works in somewhat random ways. It seems like if you can reach inside yourself deeply enough, you can access a lot of power.

The vice admiral got her hair from me, of course! I made myself a blue set, and her purple.

Poe was AWESOME 😀 :D. I got way too much glee out of all his antics. He’s the perfect X-wing pilot. That opening scene, where he get on line with Hux… XD XD I loved that.

Okay, so that was the end of your rant… but what about all the other stuff!? Like Rey and Kylo, and Luke, and Yoda, and the scene with Chewie and Porgs, and Finn trying sacrifice himself? All that stuff was amazing, in Stan’s opinion.

Some of the stuff on your rant was warranted. Also, the I realized plot was a little copied from ESB and RotJ. But, all the stuff I liked, was bestistest enough to thrill me

So… that’s my retaliation to your rant.

Elizabeth
                        @that_writer_girl_99
                          • Total Posts: 1819

@daeus Did you just…acknowledge the fact that you ship Rey and Kylo Ren?

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Ethryndal
                          @ethryndal
                            • Total Posts: 1013

@That_writer_girl_99 I’m pretty sure Daeus has always shipped Rey and Kylo Ren… 😂

@Dragon-Snapper
                            I will be back tomorrow to refute everything you just said with my irrefutable logic. Beware. *waves fork ominously*

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Lady Iliara
                            @lady-iliara
                              • Total Posts: 144

#RenandRey

Yeah. I didn’t ship it at all in the Force Awakens, but now I do…SO MUCH

We watched it on opening night, which was super awesome because my sister and I dressed up, plus there were a ton of people, and the whole crowd clapped at various points in the movie…the opening title (of course), the fight between Luke and Kylo, Luke’s death, and OF COURSE THE SUPER AWESOME AMAZING SCENE where Kylo kills Snoke and then him and Rey fight TOGETHER against the Red Guards (who finally prove themselves to be more than living room ornaments)!!!

*sighs* I wish I could keep that moment forever…I was so disappointed when Ren and Rey didn’t end up joining forces… 😢😔

And, surprise, surprise, Snoke was actually a regular size! 😄 I had this theory that he was actually really tiny, like a foot high, and made his hologram really big for the sake of his self-esteem. 😏

The part with Chewbacca and the Porgs was…😆

and Yoda’s line: “Page-turners, they were not!” 🤣

👰🏻🦊💥
                              ENFJ-T. Arbitrary. Greet at your own risk. *trips on a rock*

Ben Powell
                              @supermonkey42
                                • Total Posts: 273

@dragon-snapper Actually, I agree with everything you said but somehow I STILL like TLJ better than TFA. I think the characters were WAY better in TLJ, and that was what did it for me.

• In my opinion, Rey was actually a little flat in TFA (*prepares for onslaught*), and she improved in this one. She finally let go her hope of finding her parents and made an identity for herself, not even following Luke and slightly exploring the dark side. Dependent -> Independent
                                • I thought Finn wasn’t too bad, really, in TLJ. At first all he cares about is Rey, but eventually he identifies with the rebels (when Phasma says, “You always were scum.” And he says, “Rebel scum.”) and is ready to sacrifice himself. Selfish -> Selfless
                                • Poe was great. In the beginning he just wanted to blow stuff up and be a hero, and at the end he actually cared about people. He even went and introduced himself to Rey. Cocky -> Caring
                                • Luke was amazing. He realized that he needed to stop holding on to the past (the Jedi Order, failing Ben), and he basically saved the Resistance. He rekindles hope in the galaxy. Defeated -> Victorious
                                • Rose was okay. She basically just tried to save the Resistance the whole time and fell in love with Finn on the way.

So, yes, Snoke was disappointing, Rose was disjointed, DJ was, well, DJ, Leia’s Force powers were overestimated, Vice Admiral Holdo (I think that!s her name) was weird, and we don’t want a love pentagon, but I think the other characters made up for it. Actually, almost every character let the past die like Kylo kept saying.

A Kapeefer for life!
                                Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Sam Kowal
                                @sam-kowal

@ethryndal Stan is going to be watching with wide eyes and a bowl of raspberries

(I’ll be on your side, though)

@lady-iliara
                                  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

They cannot be shipped. They would cut their way out of the shipping box with their lightsabers. No speedy two-year delivery of a nice Episode 9 romance for anyone. Order will ship when Jedi are restocked.

I do agree about the moment when he asks her to join him, though. It was the best moment in the movie, for me. I so wish she had joined him. They could have been epic claiming the galaxy together 😀

@supermonkey42
                                  I agree, I thought TLJ much greater than TFA. And it was all because of the characters. They had so much heart, and humor, and vibrancy in TLJ. And thus, I didn’t care about the weak links as much. The theme of letting go of the past was also built up really strongly in TLJ, with characters like Luke and Kylo and Rey, and I felt like that helped to enrich the entire story and give it focus, because it had a theme to focus on.

Luke: But those were the ancient Jedi texts!

Yoda: And read them, have you? Page turners, they were not.

XD 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 83 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >