The Last Jedi

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Film The Last Jedi

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Ben Powell
    @supermonkey42
      • Total Posts: 273

@sam-kowal Yeah… Luke mentioned that Kylo took some of his students without killing them, so I wonder what happened to them? Is he training them in the dark side?

A Kapeefer for life!
      Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Elizabeth
      @that_writer_girl_99
        • Total Posts: 1819

I’m here! I don’t remember if I’ve responded in depth to this thread…

Kylo Ren. and. Rey. Oh my word! Their whole arc throughout the movie was so cool. It was the reason I went back and saw the movie a second time.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Ethryndal
        @ethryndal
          • Total Posts: 1013

AGH I’ve been looking for this thread. Thanks, @dragon-Snapper .

@supermonkey42
          The Jedi that fell with Kylo became the Knights of Ren, mentioned briefly in Force Awakens when Snoke called Kylo “Master of the Knights of Ren.” Honestly, I’m slightly fascinated by them. They’re not Sith, because Sith only go in pairs, so Kylo basically started the Dark Side equivalent of the Jedi Order. (Ren, we can therefore assume, is a title similar to Darth.) If you ask me (which you didn’t, but I’m going to tell you anyway), I think they’re going to play the part of Palpatine in Episode IX and be the overarching evil that will bring Kylo and Rey together in order to defeat.

Oh, and hey guys, I think I know how they’ll deal with Leia. They’ll probably take unused footage from the previous two films and CGI a background in just long enough until they can somehow blow her ship up or something. Kind of like they did in the Hunger Games with Plutarch, after the actor died.

And I don’t think Broom Boy is going to play an important part in the next film. I think they only put him in there to symbolize something, not to set up a new character.

Anyway.

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Elizabeth
          @that_writer_girl_99

@ethryndal I’ve missed you.

I agree on the Knights of Ren thing. That’s a very cool aspect of the story that I think deserves more depth.

About the boy at the end…do you think maybe he serves a dual purpose? Perhaps he will be in the next movie, as a little apprentice? Or maybe he’s just symbolizing the rebirth of the Jedi Order? I dunno, but I thought he was a neat little twist.

Ethryndal
            @ethryndal

@That_writer_girl_99 I do hope he comes back, just not if it means we’ll have a ten year time gap or something to accommodate him, like some people are speculating. ‘Cause that would be weeeeeird… I thought it was cool though, because those three kids were a girl and two boys, kinda like Luke, Han, and Leia. It’s like the cycle is starting again. The hope of the galaxy is in their children, and I’m assuming that those three kids will grow up to be every bit as spectacular as the ones who came before.

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Elizabeth
              @that_writer_girl_99

Yeah. I love it. @ethryndal

What was your favorite part of the movie? Also, how many times have you seen it?

Daeus
                @daeus
                  • Total Posts: 4238

@ethryndal I love that Knights of Ren idea. I honestly haven’t had much of a clue as to what’s going to happen in episode 9 — which is awesome — but I think that would work really well if it turned out to be so.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Ethryndal
                  @ethryndal

@That_writer_girl_99 Besides all of it? Hrrrrrm…. I don’t know. All of it. Gotta say, I loved the dimension between Kylo and Rey. Platonic or romantic, either way it was great. So much added complexity for him (*snorts* As if he didn’t need enough…) And the fight against the Praetorian Guards… OH. MY. GOODNESS. *dies* What was your favorite moment?

@Daeus
                    Yeah, and I think Hux is going to have something to do with it. Before I saw TLJ, I thought Hux himself would be the Palpatine figure (I predicted that Snoke would die), but he’s portrayed as too weak a person in TLJ to be any real threat against Kylo. So I think his purpose will be stirring up the Knights and somehow turning them against Kylo—if Kylo doesn’t do that himself by going Light Side. (Which I also think is going to happen. I swear, if he dies, I’m going to be very upset.)

Elizabeth
                    @that_writer_girl_99

Heck yeah, Kylo and Rey! It doesn’t matter if you “ship” them or not, they were amazing. The fight between them and the Guards was my favorite part too.

…and yes. If something happens to poor Kylo Ren, I can assure you that I too will be severely enraged. @ethryndal

Sam Kowal
                      @sam-kowal
                        • Total Posts: 635

@that_writer_girl_99 They Rey/Kylo conflict and relationship was my favorite part, too. The moment in the throne room… my breath was caught halfway up my

@ethryndal
                        That’s a really intriguing idea, about the Knights of Ren. It seems like either they would have to take over as main villains, or Episode 9 wouldn’t really have one, because Kylo and Rey aren’t complete enemies anymore. Either that or Hux would, but he’s not that intimidating. I think I would like the Knights taking over if they had been explored more in 7 and 8… but as it is, it would seem awfully like the filmmakers just needed a new set of villains to pull in and use to make another film, to me. They haven’t been foreshadowed enough

I think the Broom Boy (XD) will be a focus of more distant future movies, like maybe Episode X.  The force sensitive kids were a cool idea. It helped cement the idea of a lot of hope and potential, out in the galaxy, and a new generation of force users to rise. I hope Broom Boy’s not a huge focus of 9, while he’s young, though. We had a young Anakin… and that was not so good

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                        Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Elizabeth
                        @that_writer_girl_99

…when did we start calling him Broom Boy? What a sad nickname…

Sam Kowal
                          @sam-kowal

@that_writer_girl

He will forgo a lightsaber for the simplicity and tickling powers of a simple broom…

Sam Kowal
                            @sam-kowal

Trachea. That’s what my breath was caught halfway up.

Goodness. XD

Ethryndal
                              @ethryndal

@Sam-Kowal Well, the Emperor wasn’t really established in the Originals, existing only as a vague reference in Ep. IV (“The Emperor has disbanded the galactic senate”) and a momentary hologram in Ep. V, yet he came back in Ep. VI as the Big Bad. With that in mind, the Knights going from vague references to an actual villainous force doesn’t seem too implausible, especially if Hux, an established antagonist, is at their helm.

I think the Broom Boy (XD) will be a focus of more distant future movies, like maybe Episode X.

Wait, is there actually going to be an Episode X? I thought they were stopping at IX. I know that Rian Johnson is developing a new trilogy, but that’s not supposed to be connected to the Skywalker Saga. But it would be cool if they explored that kid more in future movies—just not as a little kid, like you said. *thinks of Anakin**shudders*

Ben Powell
                                @supermonkey42
                                  • Total Posts: 273

@ethryndal Oh! I thought he said “last of the Knights of Ren.” That explains some things.

Yeah, I agree on Broom Boy. I think he was just ther to make a point.

On Episode X – Yes, there will be a new trilogy, but no, it technically won’t be Episode X. It’ll just be a new Star Wars.

@everyone You <i>will</i> go see TLJ again. Trust me, it’s better the third time. 😀

Oh, hey, what did you guys think of Yoda? I thought he was used well to teach Luke a lesson from one of the only people he would listen to. I’ve heard some people didn’t like him though, Thoughts?

A Kapeefer for life!
                                  Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 83 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >