The Great Battle of NaNoWriMo 2017

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions The Great Battle of NaNoWriMo 2017

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Catwing
    @catwing
      • Total Posts: 2557

@seekjustice If you tell me what a Word War is sure.

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

SeekJustice
      @seekjustice
        • Total Posts: 3365

@catwing yay!!! I’m just finishing up this blog post. How about in ten minutes, for half an hour?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Catwing
        @catwing

@seekjustice My dad wants to watch Arrival with me, so… Maybe later. The movie is about an hour and a half. Hopefully I can jump back on here then… I don’t know, it may be too late. *shrug* we’ll see.

SeekJustice
          @seekjustice
            • Total Posts: 3365

@catwing, no worries! I shall see you soon. By the way, I kind of didn’t really read your first post. A word war is basically where you set an amount of time and race to get the most words. It’s fun. I think.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Snapper
            @dragon-snapper
              • Total Posts: 3515

@catwing I ate all the ice cream. *hands you a couple tons of empty containers*

I have conquered it!

Haha! @daeus This is my way of conquering Kingdom Pen. No more ice cream!

Mwahahaha!

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Catwing
              @catwing

@dragon-snapper Okay then. *trys to catch empty containers* *Drops them* Oops. You need to find a giant trash bag.

Can you still breath fire or did the ice cream cool you to much?

Joy
                @joy
                  • Total Posts: 59

I’m here too! Late to the party, I know, but things have been pretty crazy at home lately. My novel was called The Exiled, about superheroes in a contemporary western fantasy, but I bombed on Day 3 of NaNo. Now I’m drifting along, writing something that is the diametric opposite of what I planned to and grinding my teeth as people put up their word count to 30,000 after seven days. It’s really hard, but I don’t want to give up just yet.

*whispers aggressively* "The HONOUR!"

NC Stokes
                  @daughteroftheking
                    • Total Posts: 1156

@joy Hey there! I’m so glad I found someone else who isn’t zooming along. (If you don’t mind my saying that) I am creeping along the floor when compared to everyone else. I’m a snail. XD But a happy snail, because I found you! I was too tired to write much for a couple days, and I suffered for it. It’s not getting any easier, and my inner editor is filing her resignation, but I think that’s normal. Is this your first year? It’s mine.

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Joy
                    @joy
                      • Total Posts: 59

@DaughterOfTheKing

I don’t mind at all 🙂 Yes, it’s my first year too, and I haven’t written anything properly in months. I wanted to do it last year, but couldn’t get up the nerve.

*whispers aggressively* "The HONOUR!"

Lillian Parks
                      @nicolerivers03
                        • Total Posts: 28

Okay so I am new-ish to kingdom pen just wondering. What exactly IS NaNo?

NC Stokes
                        @daughteroftheking

@Joy I wanted to it last year too. But… life. And stuff. 😉

@nicholerivers03 WELCOME!!! *shakes your hand vigorously* Glad you could join us on the crazy forums. I’m probably not the best person to explain it, but NaNoWriMo is a writing challenge where you set a word count goal for the month of November, and write every day. If you achieve your goal, you win! It stands for national November Writing Month or something like that.

NC Stokes
                          @daughteroftheking

Oops. Tag fail. I meant @nicolerivers03. Sorry about that. See above. 🙂

Catwing
                            @catwing

@joy @daughteroftheking I’m a snail too! I only have a total of 5,000 words! Better than the year before last where I only wrote two chapters. Snail party! *attempts to fly lowly* *falls down* Ouch. So that’s way snail can’t fly…

NC Stokes
                              @daughteroftheking

@catwing Hello, fellow snail! XD Good to be improving. How is Starting Fires? (It sounds like I’m asking you if starting random fires is fun. 😛 )

Catwing
                                @catwing

@daughteroftheking *watchs fires burning in slow motion* Slowly… I got sick, which made me tired and then I didn’t write and got distracted… I may have also started another project. Like learning to code in Scratch… *scratches her chair* Yeah, anyway just twisting my arm to make myself create a foil character. Starting fires inside people and on flammable objects. 😛 Figuring out how some characters break out of an underwater prison. Designing seven swords. Making it an allegory… *stares out into space* Vigilantes! 😛 Anyway the fun and hard stuffs.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 83 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >