The Great Battle of NaNoWriMo 2017

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions The Great Battle of NaNoWriMo 2017

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 1486

‘ello!

Man, it’s been ages since I’ve created a post. Ages.

Enough about that. It’s time unite in battle, warriors. NaNoWriMo is upon us.

This thread is devoted to anything Nano. Wanna celebrate reaching your daily word count? Post it here. Need to bemoan your lack of sleep? Put it here. Wanna post Nano memes? Yup, you guessed it. Post it here. In order to get through Nano, support from other writers is important, and I’m hopping we can help each other out on this thread by encouraging each other to keep going and celebrating our wins.

Now, role call. If you’re doing NaNo, say aye and answer a few questions so we can get familiar with what everyone’s doing: Is this your first year? What is the name, genre, and estimated length of the project you’re working on? What’s your NaNo goal?

That’s about it, warriors. I don’t know a ton of the new peeps, so if you all would be so kind as to tag those you know who are doing Nano, I’d greatly appreciate it. 🙂

@dragon-snapper
      @Emily @ethryndal @daeus @kate-flournoy @Emily @catwing @salome01w4g @kballen

@joy

LOTR It begins

Hannah
      @salome01w4g
        • Total Posts: 991

@winter-rose *smirks* I a… I’m not doing NaNo till January… *scrunches nose*
        I can’t rightly recall everyone who is doing NaNo either…

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

Mariposa Aristeo
        @mariposa
          • Total Posts: 335

@winter-rose I’m not doing NaNo either (it comes at a bad time because November is a super busy month for me—it’s when I’m finishing up all my Christmas cards and paintings). However, Aberdeen is tackling NaNo and is ready to devour everyone’s books as soon as they write them. 😉

Sink
          @sarah-anson
            • Total Posts: 117

Aye, NaNo forever! (Even though this is my first year.)
            @winter-rose, this is my first year participating in Nanowrimo, my novel is a fantasy/allegorical fiction that was originally around 300,000 planned, so I split it into three books. The first one, Firemaster, is the one I’m doing for Nano.

*vader vibes*

Louise Fowler
            @perfectfifths
              • Total Posts: 726

Aye! I’m doing NaNo for the second time (first time last year).
              I have a few ideas for stories/series to work on during the month – a sci-fi, a super hero, and two that would be classified as fantasy. None of them currently have a proper title. My main one atm is the super hero story.

I have no idea what their estimated lengths are. They’ll be done when they’re done. 😛

My goal is to get the 50,000 words by doing 2,000 words a day (though I’m happy with the minimum 1,667, but 2,000 will give me some breathing room). Since Australia is ahead by a day, I’ve already started, and gotten 2,078 words. 😀

Currently reading Les Miserables

Kylie
              @kballen
                • Total Posts: 65

Aye! I am also apart of the crazy group doing NaNo. It is my first year doing this (although does a failed attempt last year count?). I don’t know the name of my book yet, or the estimated length, hopefully it will be 50,000 words. *cross fingers* And my genre is fantasy, which in my opinion, is the best. *glares at anyone who dares argue*

Harry Potter forever!!!!

NC Stokes
                @daughteroftheking
                  • Total Posts: 1156

*stands up* *raises sword* *screams battle cry* AYE!!! This is my first year. My book is called The Disbelievable Tales of Odds and Ends. I’ve been working on it for a while, but this is what it took to get me to actually write it. 😉 It’s steampunk, with fantasy elements. (Elves! Dwarves! DRAGONS!!!!) I don’t know what the eventual length will be, but I know I won’t write it all this month. Too long. *whispers to self* You said you’d be nice and make it a short story… *whispers back at self* I said short. But that’s a relative term. It will be short, but probably only compared with The Count of Monte Christo. *evil cackling* My daily goal is 1,000 words. *winces* If I fall in battle, please bury me in my beloved home country of Rohan… 😉

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Aislinn Mollisong
                  @aislinn-mollisong
                    • Total Posts: 445

Oya! Aislinn here, and I say AYE! This is my first year of NaNo, and my book is Embers Burning. I don’t know how long it will be. Genre, fantasy. Goal, finish the book. Hopefully.

ENTP, Aether-borg Hero with cape obsession and fascination with swords.
                    https://forums.theaetherli

Catwing
                    @catwing
                      • Total Posts: 2557

I’m doing NaNo! I and so are @seekjustice @jane-maree [ @jess-penrose are you?]
                      My book is Starting Fires the second book of my series Seven and Three (It may change…)
                      It should be around 50,000 words. *nods* It’s fantasy and sci-fi and allegory. Fun. 🙂

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

SeekJustice
                      @seekjustice
                        • Total Posts: 3365

@winter-rose I AM HERE!!!!! I am a I wanna-be NaNo winner, and this is my first time doing the actual thing, though I did both the camps earlier this year. I’m aiming for 50k, but I think my book (which is a dystopian called “Stars Fill Infinity” and is about two sisters and a revolution) is going to end up being 100k +.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Jane Maree
                        @jane-maree
                          • Total Posts: 909

@Catwing Yes @Jess-Penrose is doing NaNo. 🙂

@Winter-Rose I am NaNoing also! I got 8k on the first day, and I’m hoping to get up to 15k by the end of day two, but we shall see…

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Louise Fowler
                          @perfectfifths
                            • Total Posts: 726

@jane-maree :O *bows* Tell us your secrets, NaNo warrior.

Currently reading Les Miserables

J.A. Penrose
                            @jess-penrose
                              • Total Posts: 377

@winter-rose @jane-maree @catwing

Yes! I am doing NaNo! And yay! Go everyone! *cheers all of the people*

And I declare today National Backspace Ban Day!

Writer | Freelance Editor
                              Inspiration&lt

Aislinn Mollisong
                              @aislinn-mollisong
                                • Total Posts: 445

@jess-penrose Uh, that ain’t happening. Backspacing must happen, or words don’t get spelled right…..my fingers know where all the keys are, but they get in the wrong patterns.

ENTP, Aether-borg Hero with cape obsession and fascination with swords.
                                https://forums.theaetherli

J.A. Penrose
                                @jess-penrose
                                  • Total Posts: 377

No, @aislinn-mollisong. Words that are spelled wrong are part of NaNo! Remember that this is a first draft. You can fix the spelling later. But oh well, everyone to there own.

Writer | Freelance Editor
                                  Inspiration&lt

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >