The Books of Leifer! (My trilogy needs help)

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Idea Critiques The Books of Leifer! (My trilogy needs help)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Aislinn Mollisong
    @aislinn-mollisong
      • Total Posts: 445

Hello, everyone! Aislinn here!

So, in my “Hi! I’m Aislinn!” topic, I explained the basic outline and idea of this. (I also posted my inadequate first chapters, but we don’t need to discuss that. 😉 )

But I need help. We’ll talk about the first book first, since that’s the one I’m working one.

Title: Embers Burning.
      Setting: Leifer, a continent with seven different provinces/kingdoms/countries. Each one is associated with an element and a color. Different creatures live in each place, and the humans that live there have powers related to their country’s element. (Example; Ehren/Green/Earth/the humans have earth powers/creatures like centaurs, fauns, dryads)

Main Characters: Ember, a girl with fire powers. She is 15, and has a dragon named Teine. She lives with a centaur family on the colony island of Tirnagh.
      Brendan, a boy with earth powers. He is 16, and he has a dragon named Terran. He was raised by a scholar named Saren on the colony island of Stryla.
      Somewhere in the story, they find out that they have dragon blood, and their powers are different from those of the general populace because of it. They can also communicate with their dragons, something that no one else can do.

Their Mission: They need to find a lost prince, who turns out to be the (apparent) villain. They have instructions/signs/clues they must follow to find him.

Other Things: During the course of the story, Amber and Brendan fall in love. 😉

So my problem is, I know the general direction and major plot points, (most of which I didn’t write here but I will if you guys ask about them) but the middle of the story is fuzzy.

Ideas are welcome, and thank you for reading!

Aislinn out!

ENTP, Aether-borg Hero with cape obsession and fascination with swords.
      https://forums.theaetherli

NC Stokes
      @daughteroftheking
        • Total Posts: 1156

@aislinn-mollisong Wow. Can I read your story when it’s finished?? Please??? It sounds awesome. I also have a tendency to get an idea, but then have a fuzzy area in the middle. I… would like to be very wise and give advice, but I need help, too. I shall call in -erm, tag- the cavalry. @daeus @aratrea @kate-flournoy @hope @dragon-snapper @that_writer_girl_99 (who I do believe knows quite a bit about elementals. 😉 ) @Shannon @Emily @catwing (Almost out of tags!) @princessfoo

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

NC Stokes
        @daughteroftheking

I think I just exceeded the tag limit. *is horrified* Sorry, moderators! Please don’t banish me from KP or throw me to the dragons or anything like that! In all seriousness, I am very sorry. 🙁 *hides in a cave*

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 96

@daughteroftheking – you are hearby banned ‘n stuff. I’m definitely a mod, so you should beleive me.

Aislinn Mollisong
            @aislinn-mollisong

@daughteroftheking Sure! I would love to have you read it! Just….got to….publish it…and also write it…..it’ll be a while.

Aislinn Mollisong
              @aislinn-mollisong

@josiahdeboer You are definitely a moderator. The mustache makes it legit. 😉

NC Stokes
                @daughteroftheking

@josiahdeboer I believe you. ‘Course I do. *nods unconvincingly*

@aislinn-mollisong
                  Okeyday. 🙂 I can be patient. Maybe. 😉

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by NC Stokes. Reason: Taaaaaags arg. They don't like me today
                  • This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by NC Stokes. Reason: They REALLY don't like me today

Catwing
                  @catwing
                    • Total Posts: 2557

*rides into room on a pony* @daughteroftheking what’s wrong?! *glances around anxiously and adjusts golden helmet* I heard you needed the cavalry. Normally I’m part of the Flyers, but I like horses… And ponies. 🐴

@aislinn-mollisong
                    I trying to think of what you are wanting exactly. Can you expound?
                    Are you asking for story ideas for the middle that fit with your story?
                    @josiah-deboer *cough* Umm… I believe there is this little bitty word under your name that says, Participant. So, you are no moderator. You are wearing a disguise! Imposderator! (Imposter moderator)
                    And I make another terrible name.

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Aislinn Mollisong
                    @aislinn-mollisong

@catwing

Ok, what I’m asking for is things Amber and Brendan can do to move the plot along and complete their mission. I have some things I want to be part of the story:

– They have to go through each kingdom/country/place looking for the prince.

-They fight bad guys at several points in the story, and also they fight the dangerous creatures in each biome? Province? (I really need to find a name for these places…)

– Near the end, Amber gets captured, figures out that Dravis the bad guy is actually the prince, Brendan saves her, and they have an epic boss battle.

But I need things to tie it together, things to make it a story instead of an idea.

Got any?

Catwing
                      @catwing

@aislinn-mollisong Okay.
                        Can Amber put out fires? Maybe Brendan can be trapped by fire and she save him?
                        Does water hinder Amber? Brendan can maybe block water (or something else) to save her.
                        What are the seven countries elements?
                        How does Dragonblood make them different? Is their blood another color?
                        What exactly are their powers? What are their weaknesses (sometimes because of their powers)?
                        what are their dragons abilities?
                        What is a few words that describe each character? (Like bold, swift, shy, etc.)
                        I’m trying to think of something.

Aislinn Mollisong
                        @aislinn-mollisong

@catwing Whoa. Are you ready for…

THE LIST?!
                          You are? Good. Here we go.

Magnus: Red/Fire
                          Capital City: Emberkan
                          Inhabitants: Humans, Fire Sprites, Salamanders, Dragons, Magmen, Phoenixes
                          Rulers: Emperor Nicolai and Empress Madina

Everly: Orange/Jewel
                          Capital City: Riekan
                          Inhabitants: Dwarves, Gnomes, Tnelns, Dragons, Borans
                          Rulers: Tiedan Orem and Tiera Dianna

Raefiya: Yellow/Light
                          Capital City: Gelden
                          Inhabitants: Humans, Karkadann, Sprites, Dragons, Sand Serpents
                          Rulers: Lord Elior and Lady Aylaa

Ehren: Green/Earth
                          Capital City: Gaeriel
                          Inhabitants: Humans, Dryads, Centaurs, Fairies, Dragons, Elves, Fauns
                          Rulers: King Anselm and Queen Elaina

Talya: Blue/Water
                          Capital City:Nir’sen Lo
                          Inhabitants: Mermaids, Humans, Dragons, Kelpies, Selkies, Hippocamps, Krakana
                          Rulers: Triden Aibhne and Trida Lissa

Aetharia: Purple/Air
                          Capital City: Noelani
                          Inhabitants: Pegasi, Unicorns, Rhindon, Pixies, Humans, Dragons, Gryfons
                          Rulers: Prince Skylar and Princess Shakeiyna

Elesmerkan: White/Ice
                          Capital City: Kastala
                          Inhabitants: Humans, Yeti, Dragons, Timberwolves, Snowfalcons
                          Rulers: Czar Strakur and Czarina Kona

That’s the seven, er, kingdoms. There are also several islands.

Crystalwynn: Capital of the country/continent
                          Capital: Crystalgate
                          Inhabitants: Humans, Crystalites, Crystal Wolves
                          Ruler: Prince Darien (the missing one)

The Ne’erkan: Place where the bad guys live
                          Inhabitants: Humans, Dulaman, Eirs, Etan, Dragons

Stryla and Tirnagh: Colony Islands

That’s my worldbuilding page.

Catwing
                          @catwing

@aisllin-mollisong I noticed that Everly has no humans. Maybe they should go there…
                            Elesmerkan is probable a good spot for some problems. Amber is from fire and probably is used to warmer temperatures. Brendan is probably used to warmer temperatures since I imagine Ehren to be summerish.
                            Could you answer the other questions too?
                            Also are there any wars going on?

Catwing
                            @catwing

@aislinn-mollisong Opps.

Aislinn Mollisong
                              @aislinn-mollisong

@catwing
                                In response to your other questions:

Amber cannot put out fires, but she can control and manipulate them.

Water does not hinder her, but she is extremely sensitive to cold. I had a thing in my brain involving the snow place…

Dragonblood changes their powers. Every human has powers that relate to the realm they live in, but they are more powerful, and have more aspects. Other Magnusians cannot control fire like Amber, only create it. Ehrenites can grow plants, but not control them, which is what Brendan can do. They also have distinctive eyes, that match their dragon’s.

Their exact powers are:
                                Amber; Fire creation, fire manipulation, can communicate with Teine, can create a fire shield.
                                Brendan; Super-plant-growth, plant manipulation, can communicate with Terran, healing powers.

Their dragon’s abilities are:
                                Teine; Can shoot super-heated magnesium fire, can set self on fire.
                                Terran; Can shoot green flames, chameleon-like camoflauge.

Amber: Outgoing, Confident, Insecure, Inventive, Distrustful, Intelligent
                                Likes; Red, heat, dragons, stories, music
                                Dislikes; Cold, gardening, unfamiliarity
                                Fears; Heights (such as cliffs, not flying), deep water
                                Weapons; Garnet Sword, daggers, shield

Brendan: Introverted, Kind, Protective, Strong, Chivalrous, Quiet, Intelligent
                                Likes; Plants, books, dragons, music, legends, green
                                Dislikes; Snakes, public speaking
                                Fears; Chaos, lava
                                Weapons; Emerald Sword, daggers, shield

How’s that?

Aislinn Mollisong
                                @aislinn-mollisong

In response to your questions you asked while I was writing that, 😉
                                  No, no wars. Yet. A huge battle at the end is all the war that goes on in this book. The third book is the war book.

They are both from islands that are not part of the official continent, and the environment is rather like the American Midwest, mostly normalish.

And yes, Everly has no humans. This is because Everly is different from the other kingdoms, because it doesn’t have an element. I had been thinking of a thing, but this thing is very insubstantial.

Thanks for looking at my insanity!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >