The Art Topic

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Hoven
    @sarah-h
      • Total Posts: 669

@spradlin — I was just wondering, how discoverable is the Art forum topic for illustrators? Like, if they searched “Christian cover-art forum” would Kingdom Pen come up?

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

@sarah-h FYI, I searched “Christian cover-art forum” and KP was not in the top five result pages. Did not look farther.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Sarah Hoven
        @sarah-h

That might be why the art forum is rather empty. 🙂 Is there a way to fix that?

Sarah Spradlin
          @spradlin
            • Total Posts: 189

@sarah-h, Probably the best way to do that without paying for Google promoting and whatnot is to fill up the art forum. 🙂 We can also share the word on social media. Currently, we don’t have any cool graphics, but since you brought it up, if you want to try your hand at one, I can at least publish it on Facebook. ;D No pressure–just an idea!

"When enemies attack your kingdom you don't flee you show them why it's your kingdom. With your lightsaber."

Sarah Hoven
            @sarah-h

@spradlin — Ok! I’m not an artist, but my brother is, and he has agreed to help me. He is in the process of joining the forum now. Basically, should we create some topics like “oil painting”, “acrylic painting”, “watercolor vs. watercolor pencils”, “techniques”, etc., put some pictures on there, and otherwise make it inviting?
              Or is that the wrong idea?

This is going to be fun. 🙂

Kate Flournoy
              @kate-flournoy
                • Total Posts: 3976

Hm… I’m an artist @sarah-h. I’ll be happy to start helping fill up the topics once you make them. 😉
                I think it would probably be good just to start the topics and let whatever other artists in disguise we have lurking around here on this forum gravitate to them and start filling them up.
                Maybe you should just start a general topic for ‘Painting’— because I do watercolors, oils, acrylics, and digital painting. It’s going to get a tad confusing if there are numerous topics in the same general category I have to bounce back and forth from. 😛 There could be Painting, Drawing, Digital Art… etc. If we break them down into categories of their own, we’ll have a million topics! 😀

Sarah Hoven
                @sarah-h

Thanks, Kate! I really appreciate the input; I wasn’t exactly sure how to divide it up, but that makes sense. I’ll get started as soon as my brother gets his password. 🙂

Sarah Spradlin
                  @spradlin
                    • Total Posts: 189

I agree with Kate! 🙂 Sometimes fewer topics is better; you can make more as you get more participation, but since you’re going for bolstering numbers, the broader the topic the more likely someone will have something to say relating to it. 🙂

If there’s anything else I can do to help, just let me know!

"When enemies attack your kingdom you don't flee you show them why it's your kingdom. With your lightsaber."

BlueJay
                    @bluejay
                      • Total Posts: 1622

How would this topic work? I mean, is it possible to post photos on the forum? Photos that we’ve taken?

Daeus
                      @daeus

@bluejay As far as I know, it is not possible to upload photos directly to a forum post. If you have a link for you photo though, you should be able to post it by clicking the “img” button and then pasting the link.

Now normally, any photos you take won’t have a url, but I <think> there is a creative way around this. If you have a WordPress site, any photo you upload to your media library automatically gets a url. If you use that I think it will work.

Of course, I’ve never tried it before but might as well try now. Here goes…

profile picture

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Daeus
                        @daeus

Awe, I wonder why that failed? Let me try this.

profile picture

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Daeus
                          @daeus

Psst, you see that guy above? He’s kinda freaky. I feel like he’s watching me.

Yeah! It worked. Ok, so on WordPress when you select an image there is a permalink that I tried to use, but that didn’t work. So I clicked the link then clicked the image in the page that popped up when I did that and it brought me to a new page. I used that second link and it worked. You’ll know when you’ve reached the right url when there is only the picture and then a white background on the rest of the web page.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

BlueJay
                            @bluejay

Well done. Since I don’t have a WordPress site, I probably won’t be able to. I’ll just have to stick to giving feedback if other people need it. Thanks @daeus.

BlueJay
                              @bluejay

Yeah, I know. He just keeps staring. (You should tell him that staring at people is rude. 🙂 )

Sarah Hoven
                                @sarah-h

@Daeus — I have a Weebly site. Would that work the same way?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >