The 1 and only … me.

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE The 1 and only … me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Kaymart
    @kaymart
      • Total Posts: 34

I will start off by admitting I’m 33 years old…physically.  Mentally remains in question.

At 18 years of age I had a TBI (trauma brain injury) and was “out of commission” for over 5 years. I will have numerous limitations for the rest of my life.

But that’s a story for another time–unless I get kicked off of here because of my actual age.

I’m a struggling writer. My parents and I live in French Canada now. I have two younger brothers who have moved away in the last decade, but we still see them once in a while.

So now it’s just me and my parents. Oh. I’m sorry. Please forgive my faux pas. …it’s just my parents and I.

I have numerous writing projects “in the works”, but I keep struggling to write them coherently. After my TBI, my thinking is less mature and less organized. My writing is somewhat better, but in some ways it’s not.

I make book covers as a way to explore and stretch my creativity. I was surprised to learn I had any after my TBI. I didn’t used to.

If I’m going to get kicked off of here or you would like me to leave voluntarily please let me know.

Thank you.

PS- I learned about you on YWW, if that’s any help. ^_^

NC Stokes
      @daughteroftheking
        • Total Posts: 1156

Welcome, @kaymart, to the bestiest place on the internet! *throws the confetti of welcome-y-ness* I’m no expert on the rules here *points to obviously-not-a-moderator self* but I don’t think you’ll be kicked off.

What do you like to write? We’ve got fantasy writers, sci-fi writers, and everything in between here.

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Kaymart
        @kaymart

Thank you for letting me know. I hope I don’t get “dismissed” from the forums. I would really like to get a couple of stories written soon.

It may not be the best topic for me to be focusing on in writing, but I’m currently working on a few different projects in the Christian romantic suspense genre.

I’ve never been in love so I can’t really describe that in the best way. I try for the suspenseful scenes more.

Alia
          @alia
            • Total Posts: 1253

@kaymart, welcome to the bestiest place anywhere and everywhere. Who are some of your favorite authors?

WIP - Decisions
            Kapeefer til we're old and grey

PrincessFoo
            @princessfoo
              • Total Posts: 194

@kaymart Welcome to the bestiest place on the internet! *Throws more confetti of welcome-y-ness*

I write fantasy, but I read Christian romance suspense… sometimes… when I am really desperate for something to read… Anyways, it sounds like you have unique perspective from your experience! Looking forward to getting to know you more!

Kaymart
              @kaymart

First off, thanks for the welcomes!!

Second off (chuckles), I love these in Christian format only. Romantic fiction. Some non-fiction. With different other genres mixed in.

Kaymart
                @kaymart

Hmm. bestiest–you all like to exaggerate how much you like this place, huh? *smiles*

Kaymart
                  @kaymart

Would someone be willing to help me find my way around? Be my “Site guide” so-to-speak? I could really use the help it would provide.

If not, I can delve into the site and attempt to make progress. I might end up shutting the whole thing down temporarily (or not so temporarily) by accident, though. ^_^

NC Stokes
                    @daughteroftheking
                      • Total Posts: 1156

@kaymart I’m here to help if you have any questions about the site! Looking for something specific?

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Kaymart
                      @kaymart

I’m considering never writing again.

I visited a teenager (or a young woman’s) website. She’s a writer/cover artist like me. But she’s much better at making book covers than I am.

I don’t know how long this usually-temporary dry spell will last.

I’m not sure if it will go away. I’ll try to do more writing in the days to come – maybe something useful will come of it.

filewriter@base13x
                        @filewriterbase13x
                          • Total Posts: 110

@kaymart. First of all, welcome! I also am new here. I am glad that you are writing despite your TBI. Although you may have many limitations, I don’t see anything that shows that writing is one of them. I am fourteen. That is a big age gap, I know, but I still can’t wait to get to know you more. As for advice about the forum, I have been finding myself in the Art topic in the other arts forums. If you like music or art or both, you should definitely check it out. Also, I discovered that on KP they do a thing called “tagging”. I wouldn’t have known about it at first, but a friend of mine, who is also on here, told me about it. Basically you type in the name(tag) of the person you want to talk to and that sends them a message saying you spoke to them. Maybe you already know this, but I thought I’d just tell you just in case. For example, my tag is @filewriterbase13x. It is extremely helpful to me. 😀

Anyways, what is your WIP(work in progress) or do you not have one? I, sadly, am also in a bit of a slump in my writing. What often helps me is when I fangirl over my work. Then I want to just get it written. But, of course, sometimes you just have to sit down and write. I don’t believe that you should give up writing if you love it. Ever! If God has given you this passion, then He will make sure you write all that you are supposed to. 😃 So, sorry for this long greeting, but yeah. So… Hi and welcome to Kingdom Pen.

Currently writing the Hostanica Files with the assistance of B-bot, my PAIA (Personal AI Assistant.)

PrincessFoo
                          @princessfoo
                            • Total Posts: 194

@kaymart You do COVER-ART?!?! That’s so cool! If we are going to be comparing ourselves to other people, than you do way better cover art that me. While I managed to pull off a half-way decent cover of some half-baked idea in the back of my head, I have no idea how I am going to make the cover for my WIP, if I even get that far. *laughs, but it is that kind of laugh where you are actually nervous and are only laughing because the evil genius is laughing and you are pretty sure he will smite you if you don’t laugh.*

The thing is, things like feelings and inspiration are unreliable. (I’m looking at you, self.) Writing is always going to have to be something you will have to force yourself to do sometimes. You have to love writing, and love your story. Dry spells can last for a LONG time. Maybe you should take a break from writing, but please, please don’t say you will never write again.

Snapper
                            @dragon-snapper
                              • Total Posts: 3515

@kaymart First of all, welcome! 😀 I’m so glad you found yourself here, great place for writers and sometimes, artists and music people too!

Ahhh, cover art. I love making cover art, though I’ll admit I’m not so good at it…. yet.

And oh dear, dry spells. Yes, they can last forever, yes they are superiorly annoying, but I know there’s a way out. I’ve had two dry spells within the path year and half. One lasted six months, the other threatening to be almost as long. But I didn’t give up, and I’m here now. I hope that you decide to keep on writing–because when you’re out of the dry spell, it’s like a rising sun over green hills, with all those oranges and pinks and the beautiful midnight vault overhead.
                              *cough* I did not mean for that to be so poetic.
                              So maybe it’s not exactly like that, but you know what I mean. It’s beautiful outside, and dry spells are like… we’re just stuck inside for a little while. Winter. And winter doesn’t have to come regularly for writers.
                              If their’s any way I can help you with this, please let me know and I’ll do my best. 😀

Anyway, I’m am Snapper, or, if you prefer a name, Danielle.

Again, Welcome! 😀

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

MNValentine
                              @mnvalentine
                                • Total Posts: 123

@kaymart Welcome! I hope you like it here 😀 I just recently came out of a dry spell myself. I went for weeks without writing, but now I’m relieved to have come out of it and am writing as strongly as ever. I hope the same happens for you 🙂

Silence! Silence everyone, for the king's speech!

Skredder
                                @skredder
                                  • Total Posts: 527

@kaymart Welcome, welcome, welcome! It’s great to have you aboard!

Christian Romantic Suspense? That’s certainly an interesting genre. 🙂

And you do book covers?! That is so cool!! I bet they look great! 🙂

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >