That's it. I need help.

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Genre-Writing Fantasy That's it. I need help.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    bethanys.inky.roses
    @bethanysinkyroses
      • Total Posts: 193

@hope I love the last set as well. (Especially the first one!) However, there are lots of workable ideas in here and since you know your stories best… Tell us what you decide when you’re done. Also, random side note, do you have a blog? 😀

Hope Ann
      @hope
        • Total Posts: 1092

@bethanysinkyroses Will do. 😀 And yes, I have a blog. It is: https://authorhopeann.com/

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Snapper
        @dragon-snapper
          • Total Posts: 3515

@hope One more thing, that is, unless you tag me for more help. I would avoid doing the Blackened Rose, Crown, Seal one because some of your books are already have a rose on them, right? I don’t think we need the repetition in symbolism. Just sayin’.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 3976

1. Blackened Rose
            2. Bloodstained Crown
            3. Broken Seal

Definitely.

@Hope

Hope Ann
            @hope

@kate-flournoy I thought you’d like those ones. They’d help me in cover ideas too.

@dragon-snapper
              Hmmm, yes. But this title won’t be on the same page as the other titles and the rose is a pretty important element. There might be a little repetition, but I don’t think it’s enough to be jarring.

Thanks for all your help, everyone! I’ll post a few of these to my readers to get their input and tell you what I settle on.

Jane Maree
              @jane-maree
                • Total Posts: 909

@Hope welp I’m here a bit late because you would insist on doing things at midnight in Australia. XD
                But I think everyone’s got some great suggestions here already. So yeah. *shrugs*

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Hope Ann
                @hope

@jane-maree Still, do you have a favorite?

Jane Maree
                  @jane-maree
                    • Total Posts: 909

@Hope hmm out of your list? I like The Sacrifice, The Steadfast, The Subversion. (With a second choice of The Sacrifice, The Affliction, The Reckoning) Although I do also like that idea of possibly incorporating Light into the titles to reflect back on the series (but somehow at the same time you’ve already got that light factor so individual titles are more a chance to go into something additional?)

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Mark Kamibaya
                    @mark-kamibaya
                      • Total Posts: 318

1. Blackened Rose
                      2. Bloodstained Crown
                      3. Broken Seal

I blog on story and spiritual things at mkami.weebly.com

Snapper
                      @dragon-snapper
                        • Total Posts: 3515

@hope Another thing I would be careful to watch out for with the Blackened Rose, Crown, Seal ones is that they sound pretty dark. I know they probably aren’t, but at a first glance, I would be extremely wary to read them, I might not in the first place. However, if you included the themes of light instead, then I think I would be more inclined (as a reader who never knew about your books before) to read them.
                        Also, I volunteered at the teen center in my library for a while, and many of the books in there were dark, and well, worldly, and taking that set of names really just blends in with those books that I as a Christian author try to avoid.
                        Thoughts?

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Anonymous
                          • Total Posts: 1486

@hope *pops into the conversation to be unhelpful* I’m terribly sorry, but I fail at titles as well, so I don’t know if I’ll be much of a help. I do like the fourth set you have though.
                          Also, I kinda like the idea of the second and fifth group of titles not having the “the” in front of them.

Hope Ann
                          @hope

@bethanysinkyroses, @jess, @dragon-snapper, @mariposa, @winter-rose, @kate-flournoy, @everyoneelsewhohelpedorsawthis

So, my final choice, partly because it’s my favorite and partly because it seems to be the majority of everyone else’s favorite is:

Blackened Rose
                            Bloodied Crown
                            Broken Seal

Now, I might change the Bloodied Crown one later on. The first and last title I love. The middle one I love for its symbolism, but it somewhat dark if one doesn’t realize the theme is the persecuted church. So it is very likely that, in a year, I’ll be back brainstorming for a replacement. But, for now, this is my title plan, with the second one a possible placeholder.

Thank you everyone so much for all your help!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          >