Testimonial needed

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Testimonial needed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Daeus
    @daeus
      • Total Posts: 4238

Hi everyone,

Josiah’s putting together a brochure for KP that we’ll be taking to a conference this year. In there, he’d like to have a testimonial about how the forum has been a blessing to one of you. I think we only need one testimonial, but any of you who would like to share your enthusiasm for this place, go ahead and do so. 🙂 Length should probably be on the shorter side, but if you can’t contain yourself, we can just trim it as needed.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

@kate-flournoy @dragon-snapper @that_writer_girl_99 @dragon-snapper @winter-rose @graciegirl @northerner @jess @hope @anyone-else

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Gracie
        @graciegirl
          • Total Posts: 889

@Daeus I would love to share my enthusiasm for KP. This place means so much to me even though I’ve only been here a few months. That being said, I doubt anything I have to say would be eligible for the brochure. So, just a fair warning. You can probably expect me to say one or two things here later, but I wouldn’t expect anything you can use. 🙂

Which conference is the brochure is being made for?

*is probably geeking out about something*

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 3976

@Daeus YES! A chance to rant! *rubs hands* Where to begin…?

The forum specifically has been a place of great comfort to me as it’s full of people who think the same way I do and speak the same mental language. Just knowing there are other people like me out there is so meaningful, even setting aside the help we’re able to give each other by sharing problems and solutions. I love the community that’s been built around it, and the friendships that’ve been forged. I love the diversity of topics we cover and the general purpose of growth and learning that permeates the whole thing, even mixed with the fun, and I love that we all share the same fanatical devotion to our craft. The KP community has been crucial to me in my growth as a writer, to give me confidence and spur me on when I lose focus, and to jump in enthusiastically and help me with anything if I need it.

Josiah DeGraaf
            @aratrea
              • Total Posts: 717

@graciegirl Anything you’d be willing to share would be great, even if it’s just a couple lines. 🙂 This will be for the CHAP convention in Pennsylvania.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Elizabeth
              @that_writer_girl_99
                • Total Posts: 1819

@daeus Where to start…I’ve only been here for a few weeks and already I love everything about KP…
                (take what you want from this)

Where to start? When I found KP, I was in a rough place. I knew for a fact that I wanted to pursue a career as an author, and that I wanted to one day publish a book, but I felt inadequate. With every passing day, I grew more and more overwhelmed by all the stuff I didn’t know how to do.
                Then I found Kingdom Pen, and
                wow has it helped me to grow as a writer, both in confidence and physical skill. I haven’t been a part of it for long, but I’ve already learned more about how to write here than I have my entire life… Kingdom Pen is more than a website, it’s a community.

Is that alright? Anything else you need me to say? @daeus @aratrea

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Josiah DeGraaf
                @aratrea

@that_writer_girl_99 That’s fantastic. How much of your growth would you say is from the articles we publish and how much from the forum interactions?

Elizabeth
                  @that_writer_girl_99

It’s about half and half. The forums are great for specific questions, but the articles are good for learning more about general topics.

@aratrea

Josiah DeGraaf
                    @aratrea

@that_writer_girl_99 Cool. Would you be willing to write up 2-3 sentences about the forum in particular and how it has helped you?

Elizabeth
                      @that_writer_girl_99

The forums are wonderful. There are topics about anything and everything, and if you have a question, you’re absolutely free to ask away; even if you feel like the question is a lame one, it’ll get answered. I know that the forums have helped me to grow as a writer, and I’m eternally grateful for the people behind them!

@aratrea
                        How’s this? Anything else?

Josiah DeGraaf
                        @aratrea

@that_writer_girl_99 That’s great! Thanks!

Elizabeth
                          @that_writer_girl_99

No problem! If you think of anything else, let me know. @aratrea

Snapper
                            @dragon-snapper
                              • Total Posts: 3515

@aratrea @daeus *steps up to the podium* Here is my testimonial.
                              When I first joined Kingdom Pen, I had no idea what to expect. Although I had been writing for several years, I had only begun to scratch the surface of writing. From the Kingdom Pen writing courses to the rich vaults of articles, the scratching has grown into a dig. The Kingdom Pen forum, a community of like-minded writers, is more than just a place to learn. There is endless opportunity to help others, and many times to simply have fun. I’ve been on Kingdom Pen for nearing a year now, and I can vouch for every facet of it as amazing (and slightly addicting.) If you’re looking for a young writer’s Christian site, look no further than Kingdom Pen. It won’t disappoint.

How’s that?

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Gracie
                              @graciegirl
                                • Total Posts: 889

Note: Please understand that the Mystic Society has nothing to do with the traditional definition of ‘mystic’.

Okay, this is something I’ve been wantin’ to share for a while now, and this seems like as good a time as any. It’s too subjective for the brochure, but this is what Kingdom Pen means to me.

In my current WIP, there is a trio of minor characters that represent me, my brother and my sister. The Woods, as we are called in my story-world, are rising members of a secret society of spies and undercover agents. (Who wouldn’t want to write themselves as a master spy, I ask?) We live at the society’s headquarters, go on secret missions with fellow members and train new recruits. But there are different reasons why each of us joined the society, and why we love it as a second family.
                                I have been fascinated with why the Mystic Society means so much to Grace Wood these past two years, and I can now see that the MS is a reflection of one of my real life dreams. Grace Wood had found a place in my story-world which I longed to find here in reality. A place filled with people just like her. People who believed the same truths, fought for the same cause, shared the same struggles and even had the same sense of humor.
                                Grace Wood’s Mystic Society was a beautiful daydream for me, something I didn’t believe existed anywhere except for in my imagination. It was my ‘Shire’.
                                And then one day, I decided I might actually take more than cursory glance at this Instagram page I followed. After all, it said there was an article on how to make you protagonists hate each other, and I’d often wondered if my MC’s got along just a tad too much. And when you’re stuck in a car for 16 hours there really isn’t much else to do. Three days later I sat staring, open-mouthed, tears smarting in my eyes as I explored the forum of Kingdom Pen. I couldn’t believe that a place like that existed. It was exactly what I had been wishing for ever since I’d started writing in earnest. Encouragement, advice on all different aspects of the writing craft and a plethora of opportunities to grow myself as both a writer and a child of God were suddenly open to me.
                                It wasn’t until I’d joined about a week later that I was struck with a sudden realization. I had found my Mystic Society. This in itself meant more to me than I can describe.
                                Kingdom Pen stands for everything I have ever loved about my fictional MS, and much more because its real. I don’t know if any of you have ever had something like this happen, but it is amazing. This place is exactly how I envisioned it two years ago under another name. My story’s ‘Shire’ came alive in the form of Kingdom Pen, and I thank God every day for all of my fellow KeePers.

*is probably geeking out about something*

Josiah DeGraaf
                                @aratrea

@dragon-snapper That looks great! Thanks so much. 🙂 I definitely appreciate it!

@graciegirl
                                  Wow. That’s beautiful. It’s so encouraging to hear how much this community has meant to you. Thanks for sharing your story! 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >