Tag Fail

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 1486

Hey @daeus, @kate-flournoy and @anyone who knows a lot about the forum, when I’m tagged by others, It’s supposed to show up in my notifications, right? Most of the time it does, but I’ve found a couple posts I was tagged in recently that didn’t show up in my notifications.

Also, I checked the option to receive emails when I was tagged and such, but I never receive any emails. Does anyone have any idea what’s going on?

Thanks!
      -Gabby

Ingrid
      @ingridrd
        • Total Posts: 830

@winter-rose
        No, I am not helpful in any way, shape, or form. I’ve actually been having this problem too. Someone smarter than me will need to rescue us. 😉 Anyone?

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

@winter-rose I’ll try to help, but I need to clarify. Are you still getting the notifications when someone tags you via email? Are you not getting any email notifications when you’re tagged at all? Are you getting emails, but having a fair amount missed?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Anonymous

@daeus I’ve never gotten any emails when I’m tagged, (though I’ve checked all the boxes as yes for receiving emails).

I’m usually notified in my profile’s notification page when I’m tagged, but sometimes it misses tags.

Ethryndal
            @ethryndal
              • Total Posts: 1013

Hey, I’ve been having the same problem, and I think @Graciegirl has too. For me, it was only her tags that didn’t show up, but of late, it’s been happening when other people tag me too.

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Christine Eaton
              @christi-eaton
                • Total Posts: 306

@winter-rose Check your junk or spam inbox, that’s where all the emails I get from the forum go.

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Corissa Maiden of Praise
                @corissa-maiden-of-praise
                  • Total Posts: 256

@winter-rose Like @christi-eaton said, check spam. That’s where all mine go, and even though you can fix that, I’ve chosen not to because it makes it easier for me to manage, personally. 😉

Also, if you are still getting some notifications, but not all the time, there’s a slight possibility people might be spelling your tag wrong. The first couple times that happened to me (people like to throw an extra “r” in Corissa, so it’s happened a few times 😉 ) it confused me, but then I realized what was going on. If your tag isn’t blue, there’s something wrong with it, and that’s why you weren’t notified. Your tag is fun and easy though, so that’s unlikely. 🙂 Beyond that, I think @daeus is going to be your best option for help. I haven’t been having any problems that I know of- but then, I’ve not been on much so I guess I wouldn’t know if I wasn’t receiving notifications. 😛 I hope everyone gets this figured out!

"Courage is action in spite of fear."

Elizabeth
                  @that_writer_girl_99
                    • Total Posts: 1819

My email notifications show up in junk/spam. @winter-rose I don’t have the same issues that @ethryndal and @graciegirl do, but I was confused at first as to where my KP notifications were going…that’s when I checked the junk folder.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Gracie
                    @graciegirl
                      • Total Posts: 889

@Ethryndal is correct. I have been having sporadic issues with tags, but it usually only when I am tagged by @Dragon-Snapper. I have checked my junk to no avail.

*is probably geeking out about something*

Anonymous

Thanks guys! I checked my spam and lo and behold! There they were! I think it’s amazing that I’ve been on the forum for almost a year and in all that time I’ve never checked my spam mail.

Anyway, the problem of the occasional tag not showing up in my notification still stands.

Daeus
                        @daeus

@winter-rose Glad you figured it out. Btw, the checkbox at the end of a thread is to subscribe to all comments made on a post, not just ones you are tagged in. If you’ve been checking those boxes, you may be getting a llloooottt of emails. If you want, you can unsubsribe to those, but I believe you have to do it for each individual thread.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Hannah
                          @salome01w4g
                            • Total Posts: 991

@daeus I’m having the same problem now I read all the replies and there’s nothing in my spam/junk box. I’ve missed several tags that were semi-important.

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

Daeus
                            @daeus

@salome01w4g I’m not sure what could be the problem except that I know that on rare occasions notifications won’t go through. Is this a rare occurrence or common?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Hannah
                              @salome01w4g
                                • Total Posts: 991

@daeus It just started happening and it’s with about half of messages I’m tagged in.

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

Daeus
                                @daeus

@salome01w4g Ick. Wish I knew what was going on. We’ve never had that before. 🙁

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >