Synopsisises

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Joy
    @dekreel
      • Total Posts: 2304

Lately I have noticed quite a few Keepers posting… synopsises? *looks it up…* Synopses! So I thought, why not make a whole topic for it! So here you go! Here you can post your synopses for WIPS, NaNoWriMo novels, etc. Even if you just have an idea and you haven’t actually written anything yet, you can post a synopsis for that, too! I think that helps you get an overall picture of what the plot may look like, if you’re serious enough about it. It worked for me anyway, when I make the synopsis for my KPA…

Oh, yeah! I have a synopsis for the KPA! Here it is. It’s not very fancy, but it does its job…

In the fertile and peaceful city of Eskrey in the Kingdom of Pen, Amy Krogan and Sam Kowal live relatively normal teenage lives, that is, if one considers magical glittery powers, blue hair and a pet dragon as “normal.”

But one morning, they both wake up having had the same dream… about darkness. And later that day, they receive an urgent message from none other than Kate Flournoy, senior knight of the castle Regnis in Pendam, the capital city.

Before they know it, Amy, Sam and Kate, along with Emily, Snapper, Iliara, and an ensemble of other loyal and unique writers from the Kingdom of Pen and beyond, are swept into an adventure so epic and intriguing, that it is more than worth writing about.

Join this diverse, strange and awesome army as they cross the eel-infested rapids, battle the smelly and ferocious troll things in the Vivid Green forest, and ascend the Treacle Peaks in search of the feared and dreaded Count Aneumo.

How’s that? Anyway, post your  synopsisisisesses here! *squints* (That can’t be right…)

@catwing
        @shannon  @emily  @seekjustice  @daughteroftheking

P.S.  @princessfoo Is that last name okay? Or should I change it?   @sam-kowal  I know you don’t really have blue hair — I’m making it blue in the story anyway.

🙂

You can pronounce it however you want.

Joy
      @dekreel

P.P.S  If you have already posted synopses elsewhere, you don’t have to post them here 😉

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 1330

@dekreel This is great! *runs off to write a synopsis for her novel*

PrincessFoo
          @princessfoo
            • Total Posts: 194

@dekreel
            I LOVE IT! *squeals* My last name is good.

Aliyah Locke has never liked the stories where the main character is suddenly thrust into another universe. Seriously, those characters act like they’ve never read a book before. But when a gift a friend gave her leads her to a strange new world, Aliyah is the first to admit she is not equipped for an adventure. She just wants to go home without dooming the inhabitants of the nation to destruction.

But when an unexpected betrayal leaves Aliyah stunned, and the only one who can save the kingdom, she has to decide just how much she is willing to fight, and how much she will sacrifice, for a world and a people that is not her own.

What do you think?

Joy
            @dekreel

@princessfoo *round eyes* Intriguing! Sounds like something I’d want to read! 🙂

Sam Kowal
              @sam-kowal
                • Total Posts: 635

@dekreel

*Stan dances around in glee*

Epic synopsis 😀

Oh, and yeah, make my hair as blue as you like. (No, Stan, you’re not dying your tail blue too)

I’ve never really written a serious synopsis before. Maybe I’ll try one at some point and post it here.

Anyway… *throws confetti* KPA! 😀 😀

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Ben Powell
                @supermonkey42
                  • Total Posts: 273

@dekreel Nice synopsis! Sounds promising.

Here’s the synopsis for my current project:

My name is Thomas. Thomas Leukauf. This is my story.

Or, rather, this is my father’s story, in which I am a character. I wasn’t really a hero, mind you. I was more of a slacker, only interested in what I could get out of things.

50 years ago, my father was the captain of the Midway, an experimental deep sea exploration and combat craft. The Midway was one of only three such craft, and she was the Planetary Defense and Exploration Counsel’s pride and joy. PLADEC, as it was called, had commissioned the Midway and her crew to explore and map a previously unexplored section of ocean 40,000 feet down called the Unknown Region. They were also to be on the lookout for any previously undiscovered lifeforms.

One day, my father did discover those lifeforms, only he did it in an unusual way: they captured him. This small act, combined with the subsequent escape of him and his crew, fanned a fire that had been smoldering for centuries and spurred on an invasion by an enemy we had long forgotten. But they had not forgotten us.

As I soon found out, there are few things in the world that will change a man’s life for the better, and most of them are unpleasant. Very unpleasant.

It might be too long, but in my mind that’s better than too short.

A Kapeefer for life!
                  Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Joy
                  @dekreel

@supermonkey42  It’s not too long. It looks interesting!

Ingrid
                    @ingridrd
                      • Total Posts: 830

Here’s an *awful* one I wrote for a novella I’ve started…

Finnegan “the Mistake” Lane has learned to expect the insults and bullying from his own sister—and in some cases, his parents.  What he doesn’t expect is to get kicked out of the house and sent to live with a crazy aunt he doesn’t know whose home people are afraid to set foot in.

Wren has spent her life on the run ever since her parents died when she was young.  After finding a new home, she has been unspeakably lonely, longing for someone to care about her.

When Finn and Wren meet, these two unlikely friends might just be in for the biggest adventure of both their lives—one that will ultimately change them forever.

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

NC Stokes
                      @daughteroftheking
                        • Total Posts: 1156

@Ingridrd Intriguing! *rubs hands together* Both characters sound interesting, I might add.

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Joy
                        @dekreel

@ingridrd  I missed this 😛  Nice! I like how you showed the different backgrounds 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        >