Su cuy'gar! (Translation: Hello!)

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Su cuy'gar! (Translation: Hello!)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Joy
    @dekreel
      • Total Posts: 2304

So very welcome, @supermonkey42!! My name’s Dekreel. Glad you’re here! 😉
      SO, you’re a huge Star Wars fan? I’m more of a Doctor Who fan, but I also like Star Wars. 🙂 I need to watch it again. I liked Episode 7, and am excited about episode 8! Have you seen Rogue One? Is it any good?

You can pronounce it however you want.

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 1330

@supermonkey42 Welcome to the BEST ever place on the whole internet! How old are you?

Catwing
        @catwing
          • Total Posts: 2557

@supermonkey42 Welcome to the Kingdom of Pen. I am Catwing! What are some of your favorite books?

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

SeekJustice
          @seekjustice
            • Total Posts: 3365

@supermonkey42 welcome!!!!!! Its pretty cool that you speak Mandalorian. I have a friend who can who speak Mandalorian, Elvish and whatever the language from Dr Who is. I think she’s kind of crazy, but I admire both of you!
            I, uh, I have never seen Stars Wars. Ever. Except for the lego version. *grimaces*

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Josiah DeGraaf
            @aratrea
              • Total Posts: 717

@supermonkey42 Chirrut was awesome. I wasn’t a huge fan personally of Rogue One, but Chirrut was easily my favorite character. That scene where he chanted his Force anthem like a creed while being shot at was so awesome.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Ben Powell
              @supermonkey42
                • Total Posts: 273

@salome01w4g I like country too, as long as it’s not hours from civilization. 🙂

@that_writer_girl_99
                I’m right-handed. I’ve always thought left-handed people were cool though.

@dekreel
                I should watch Doctor Who sometime. It’s kind of daunting, though. I wouldn’t know where to start. YES, I have seen Rogue One, and yes, it was good. I personally thought it was great, but some other people around here seem to think otherwise. *Furtively glances around*

@emily I happen to be a few days from seventeen.

@catwing
                My favorite books… hmm… well, here’s a few:
                Narnia, LOTR, and the Hobbit
                Basically anything Bryan Davis ever wrote. (Dragons in Our Midst, Oracles of Fire, etc.)
                The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
                The Mysterious Island by Jules Verne
                I, Robot by Isaac Asimov
                Sherlock Holmes
                Star Wars books
                The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
                Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
                …and I could go on.

@aratrea
                Yes!!! One of my favorite scenes as well!

So, I have a question for everyone (if that is allowed): Is there one book you would recommend as a must-read that’s not on the above list?

A Kapeefer for life!
                Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Joy
                @dekreel
                  • Total Posts: 2304

@supermonkey42 If you want to start watching Doctor Who, I would start in the 1970s with Jon Pertwee/Tom Baker (especially Baker). And if you can’t find it or access it (it’s very hard to access the classic series), you can start with Christopher Eccleston, which is the first Doctor of the current series

A great reading recommendation: THE WINGFEATHER SAGA by Andrew Peterson. A fantastic series of four books. Read it, or else!!

You can pronounce it however you want.

Ben Powell
                  @supermonkey42

@dekreel Thanks for the info! I’ve heard of the Wingfeather Saga but never read it. I’ll check it out.

A Kapeefer for life!

NC Stokes
                    @daughteroftheking
                      • Total Posts: 1156

@supermonkey42 YES READ IT!!!! *eye twitches crazily* *ahem* I mean, yes they’re very good.
                      Alien invasion stories are so cool!! The concept is really interesting to me. I know what you mean, not knowing whether your characters are going to be alright. Happens to me a lot. 🙂 OO, you like Sherlock Holmes? The original ones?

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Ben Powell
                      @supermonkey42

@daughteroftheking Well, I just saved the life of my sister’s favorite character in my novel, much to her relief. 🙂 Yeah, I really like the original Sherlock Holmes. I’ve never read any Holmes stories that weren’t by Conan Doyle. Are they any good?
                        And now I will DEFINITELY read the Wingfeather Saga.

A Kapeefer for life!

TheAcornman
                        @theacornman
                          • Total Posts: 125

@supermonkey42 Utini! Welcome to Kingdom Pen. I really enjoyed Rogue One too. It is the best star wars film in my opinion. You much of a Star Wars Battlefront fan?

That one English guy.

Emily D
                          @emily-d
                            • Total Posts: 168

@supermonkey42 Hey Ben and welcome! 🙂 I love Narnia too, but I’m unable to pick a favourite from the books, as I love all of them. I also love the movies-do you have a favourite from them? Mine is The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, though I’ve heard that The Silver Chair is coming out next year: very exciting. I can’t believe that you like The Bronze Bow too-it’s one of my favourites! I never see many people who’ve read it though. How sad is that? 🙁

Being a sci-fi lover, have you read The Giver by Lois Lowry? It’s actually dystopian, but I just wondered if you’d come across it.

I tell my story. Not so that I get glory, but so that others may know Hope.

Hannah
                            @salome01w4g
                              • Total Posts: 991

@supermonkey42 haha same we live an hour from the nearest city (lot’s of small town inbetween though) which is a huge change (I just moved here a month ago) from the rural neighborhood I previously lived in.

Hmmmmm…. one book or one series 😛 😉
                              Well two or three series I would recommend (Since you’ve already read the bestest book ever {TCOMC}) Brother’s at Arm’s series (by John J. Horn) (It’s about to grownish twin brothers… part of the way they are soooo good.) , and The Baker Family Adventures series (By C.R. Hedgcock) These are sooooooooo good to, and she’s getting ready to publish the 7th book *falls of chair in raptured excitement* 😀
                              And the Giver quartet is really good.. I may have cried at the end of the last book.

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

Ben Powell
                              @supermonkey42

@theacornman Well, I don’t own Battlefront or know anyone who does, but from what I’ve seen I would be a huge Battlefront fan if I was willing to fork up the cash for it. 🙂

@emily-d
                                My favorite Narnia book is definitely The Silver Chair. Of the current movies I agree with you on VOTDT, but I didn’t know they were making Silver Chair into a movie! I hope they do a good job with it.

The Bronze Bow! *fist bump* Maybe people don’t read it because it’s not super new but not old enough to be a classic? IDK. And no, I haven’t read The Giver. I usually like dystopian, so I’ll check it out.

@salome01w4g
                                I totally agree – TCOMC is the best book ever. Thanks for the recommendations! The more the better. 🙂

A Kapeefer for life!

katie
                                @lifeofkatie
                                  • Total Posts: 137

@supermonkey42 welcome to the KP forum!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >