Su cuy'gar! (Translation: Hello!)

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Su cuy'gar! (Translation: Hello!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Ben Powell
    @supermonkey42
      • Total Posts: 273

Hi! My name’s Ben. I’ve been using the KP site for a while now but haven’t done much on the forum. In case you were wondering, the phrase in the title is Mando’a (the language of the Mandalorian culture in Star Wars.) If you couldn’t tell from that and my profile picture, I am a huge Star Wars fan (probably too huge.)
      I’ve been writing for two or three years now, and I mostly enjoy writing fiction, specifically sci-fi. I am currently working on a novel and hope to write some short stories after I finish it. I enjoy reading almost anything. 🙂
      Briikase bah kar’taylir gar.

A Kapeefer for life!
      Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

NC Stokes
      @daughteroftheking
        • Total Posts: 1156

@supermonkey42 WELCOME TO THE BESTIEST PLACE ON THE INTERNET!!!!!

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

NC Stokes
        @daughteroftheking
          • Total Posts: 1156

@supermonkey42 Now that we’ve got that out of the way, hello! Glad you could join us on these crazy forums! XD That’s super cool, speaking a Star Wars language. So, what do you think of the new trailers for The Last Jedi? I’m reeeealy excited!!! What’s your novel about?

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Ben Powell
          @supermonkey42

@daughteroftheking Thanks! I’m glad I found this place.
            I’m still in shock from that trailer. After watching it, there were three words in my mind: “What?! No!! Yes…” 😉
            My novel is kind of sci-fi in that it takes place in the (near) future and has some futuristic technology. At the heart it’s an alien-invasion story, but I’m trying to keep it more realistic and very unexpected. Perhaps it’s too realistic, though. Unexpected things keep happening and I keep thinking, Oh, I hope he/she makes it. Most of the time I forget I’m the one writing it and I can’t stop ‘cause I want to find out what happens next.

A Kapeefer for life!

Jane Maree
            @jane-maree
              • Total Posts: 909

@supermonkey42 WELCOME WELCOME. *shakes your hand enthusiastically* I’m glad you’ve found your way to this part of the internet. 😀

Yay for Star Wars fans! Which is your favourite of the films?

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Daeus
              @daeus
                • Total Posts: 4238

@supermonkey42 Wait, wait. Are you actually a male? Sorry, that’s just really rare here. May you wear a black cloak all your days and writer’s block ever flee from you.

Fyi, The Last Jedi trailer is probably more exciting for me than most movies I’ve watched. 😉

Oh, I forgot to say welcome. 😛 Ooops. Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!

I hope your characters survive. 😉

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Josiah DeGraaf
                @aratrea
                  • Total Posts: 717

@supermonkey42 Welcome to the site, Ben! Yay for Star Wars fans; I am really looking forward to The Last Jedi coming out. Favorite Star Wars character?

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Ingrid
                  @ingridrd
                    • Total Posts: 830

@supermonkey42 Welcome, welcome, welcome. Star Wars, huh? I’ve never been a HUGE fan, but I am REEEEEALLLLLYYYY excited for The Last Jedi!!!! Your novel sounds interesting. 🙂 Do you write mostly sci-fi?

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Kate Flournoy
                    @kate-flournoy
                      • Total Posts: 3976

@supermonkey42 welcome fellow Star Wars fan! (Though if you speak Mandalorian you’re probably a whole lot more hardcore than I am. 😛 ) Don’t ask me how excited I am about the Last Jedi unless you want explosions and other untoward and unpredictable disasters, but I will say I’m happy to see someone else excited about it as well. 😀

Also, I promise— we girls don’t bite. I know there are overwhelming numbers of us, but you are a rarity most welcome on the forum. *nods*

Do you know your MBTI type?

Kylie
                      @kballen
                        • Total Posts: 65

@supermonkey42 Welcome to the bestiest place on the internet!! This is probably a dangerous thing to say, but I have no idea what star wars is, and the one time i tried to watch it, it confused me and I gave it up. *ducks to avoid rotten fruit* Please forgive me!!! *clears throat* Anyway, what’s your favorite food?

Harry Potter forever!!!!

Ben Powell
                        @supermonkey42

@jane-maree Hmm… that’s a hard one. I’d have to say that Rogue One and Revenge of the Sith tie for my favorite Star Wars film. Unfortunately, those are the ones where everyone dies. 🙂 From the way the trailers look, though, The Last Jedi will probably be my new favorite.

@daeus
                          Yes, I am actually a male. 😉 Maybe we should do something to fix the lack of males on this forum…

@aratrea
                          My favorite Star Wars character is actually two – Chirrut and Baze, the Guardians of the Whills from Rogue One. I was recently reading a book on Francis of Assisi and he strangely reminded me of Chirrut.

@ingridrd
                          Yeah, I mostly write sci-fi. I tried writing fantasy once, and I’ve dabbled in some other things, but I mostly stay in sci-fi. Just curious, is there one genre that you guys on this forum tend to focus on, or is it pretty varied?

@kate-flournoy
                          We wouldn’t want unpredictable disasters, would we, so I won’t even mention The Last Jedi. 😀 I really don’t know my MBTI type. I tried to figure out before, but I did it two times and got two different results, so… I don’t know.

@kballen
                          I’ll spare you the lecture on missing out on the thing that has shaped our modern generation 😛 I for one have never watched or read Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Doctor Who, or any of the other massively popular franchises, so you’re good. Hmm… favorite food… That’s really tough. I might actually have to say meatloaf. 🙂 Basically anything savory and hearty.

I will try my best to fit in on this forum, and I must say thank you for the warm welcome. *Bows low, black cloak scraping the ground*

A Kapeefer for life!

Kate Flournoy
                          @kate-flournoy
                            • Total Posts: 3976

@supermonkey42 YOU LIKED ROGUE ONE??? *tears of happiness* THANK YOU FOR EXISTING.

*dissolves into helpless laughter* Sorry… sorry. Ahem. It’s cool. I’m fine. Congratulations. I loved that movie but it seems like no one else saw what I did when I watched it… Chirrut was pretty cool. 🙂

Ingrid
                            @ingridrd
                              • Total Posts: 830

@supermonkey42 Gottcha. I’d say it’s pretty varied here… but I write fiction and fantasy.
                              (And I just HAVE GOT TO SAY. Go. Read. Harry. Potter. Right. Now. Please at least read them. The movies are awesome too, but the books are just spectacular. You will not be disappointed. 🙂 )

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Hannah
                              @salome01w4g
                                • Total Posts: 991

@supermonkey42 Welcome!! A stars wars fan, 🙂 welcome again.
                                Country or city? I like country. 🙂

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

Elizabeth
                                @that_writer_girl_99
                                  • Total Posts: 1819

@supermonkey42 Welcome, welcome, welcome! KP is great and you’re gonna love it.

I’m gonna refrain from mentioning my own opinions on Rogue One, because, as @kate-flournoy knows…I have it out for that movie. Anyway.

Are you left-handed or right-handed?

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >