Strong Christian Women

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Mission, Calling & Ethics Strong Christian Women

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Skredder
    @skredder
      • Total Posts: 527

@jenwriter17 Haman giving the honoring ideas and it all going to Mordecai is the perfect example of Karma. It was absolutely hilarious. And notice that the city rejoiced at that!

What I like is comparing Esther to Haman’s wife.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Kaya Young
      @kaya-young
        • Total Posts: 272

@jenwriter17  I was wondering about that too… I’ve always thought that she was scared, but maybe it was deliberate?

@skredder
          Noticed something cool: the city rejoiced at that- which reminded me of earlier in the chapter where the city was perplexed. It’s cool that the reactions of the city were recorded. 🙂

The Kingdom has been torn asunder...
        http://www.encircledbygrace.com/

Jenna Terese
        @jenwriter17
          • Total Posts: 2522

@skredder and I would have rejoiced with the city! Haman doesn’t seem to be, shall we say, a nice guy

🙂

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
          www.jennaterese.com

Kaya Young
          @kaya-young

@jenwriter17  Well I read chapter 7, and I think this is the climax of Esther. This is an intense chapter! Esther really aproched things tactfully, and I really think she did a good job with how she told the king about Haman.

I was just listening to this song this morning about Esther and thought I would share:

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine
              • Total Posts: 3322

@kaya-young Yes, Esther did do a really good job with her diplomatic way of saying, “You know, husband dear, someone plans to kill me and my family.” 😀  I wonder if Haman knew she was a Jew?  It doesn’t seem like it, right, since she didn’t tell anyone she was?  Imagine his horror upon finding out:  “Wow.  I really blew that one.” 🙂

@jenwriter17
              I just realized something interesting in reading chapter 7 which I hadn’t realized before.

As soon as they had arrested Haman, the chamberlain Harbonah told the king that Haman had gallows for Mordecai at his home, and suggested that they hang Haman on those.  That made me wonder: was the whole palace preparing for Esther’s plan against Haman?  This is a parallel to Mordecai’s horse-riding scene, which the city rejoiced at, and probably there were some of the men who heard Haman making all the plans expecting to be the one honored, and ended up laughing amongst themselves at him.  Now immediately as soon as he gets the chance Harbonah suggests the perfect solution for the problem of how to dishonor Haman completely.

Maybe everyone wanted to get back at Haman, but no one was powerful enough so they all waited for Esther to make her move before backing her up with all their might.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Jenna Terese
              @jenwriter17

@kaya-young yes Esther was wise about how she handled things.

This song is awesome! Thanks for sharing it! 😄

@rochellaine
                hmm, that is a thought…… Maybe everyone did just dislike Haman.

www.jennaterese.com

Skredder
                @skredder

@rochellaine The people definitely seemed to like Mordecai better than Haman. We know for a fact that at least one of the Chamberlains knew of what was happening to the Jews. It would make sense that at least a few of the others would know too. I do wonder how they knew about the gallows meant for Mordecai, yet the King had no idea about it despite Haman being his second in command. It reminds me of the phrase “The maids know everything.”

But Esther was so wise and careful with how she went about asking the King.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

The fledgling Artist
                  @notawriter
                    • Total Posts: 328

Hey so super duper sorry for not participating for the book of Esther! (If any one is curious I made a status update thingy explaining my absence- But it wasn’t serious so no worries!) Looks like I missed out! I’ll have to go through and read everything you gals talked about! 😉

and I was so confused

Jenna Terese
                    @jenwriter17

@notawriter no problem! 😉

Chapter eight reminded me of the Bible verse that says (not sure if I’m getting this exactly right) “when the wicked rule the people groan, but when the righteous rule the people rejoice.”

@rochellaine
                      @skredder @kaya-young @ariella-newheart @jane-maree @seekjustice @everyone

www.jennaterese.com

Jane Maree
                      @jane-maree
                        • Total Posts: 909

@Jenwriter17 yes same! I thought of that too actually.

Something else I thought of was that the king just handed over his signet ring to his second in command (now Mordecai) and like DUDE, DIDN’T YOU EVEN LEARN??? I mean, luckily it was fine, but still. XD

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Rochellaine
                        @rochellaine
                          • Total Posts: 3322

@jane-maree *laughs* Oh, I didn’t think of that, but you’re so right!  😀

@jenwriter17
                          Something that I realized I should be thankful for is the fact that we don’t have the “King’s ring=irreversable law” rules anymore.  Those seem to be very inconvenient, and we see the same problems in the book of Daniel.  It’s nice that Esther and Mordecai found a way to bend the rules, but that can’t happen every time.

I can’t wait till we get to chapter nine!  That contains my favorite verse in all of Esther. 🙂

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Jenna Terese
                          @jenwriter17

@jane-maree well, they say great minds think alike 😛

lol, yeah he just gave away his ring! 

@rochellaine
                            yeah, irreversible laws are definitely something hard to cope with

glad you’re looking forward to it!

www.jennaterese.com

Jenna Terese
                            @jenwriter17

@rochellaine @kaya-young @jane-maree @seekjustice @notawriter @skredder

i just realized I posted too many chapters for the Esther reading schedule. There are ten chapters, I scheduled fourteen. Ahem…..

anyway, it was awesome being able to discuss these two books with all of you wonderful people. Thank you for participating! <3

www.jennaterese.com

Skredder
                              @skredder

@jenwriter17 Yeah, I was just noticing that this morning.

I just think it’s really amazing how much courage and strength that Esther showed throughout the entire endeavor. We know that she was scared and frightened beyond belief, but she trusted and succeeded.

Alright, so here’s a little bit of a side story. When I was little, my favorite Bible story videos were the Greatest Adventure Stories of the Bible, where three modern people get transported to Bible times and go through a whole bunch of adventures. I’ve only ever seen five of the thirteen videos. Well, yesterday we got them back out to look at them. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Lorne Greene (Commander Adama on Battlestar Galactica and Ben Cartwright on Bonanza) played Noah, James Earl Jones (Darth Vader) voiced Pharaoh. What surprised me the most was that Colonel Klink (Werner Klemperer) from the show Hogan’s Heroes voices Haman on the Esther story! Also, Vincent Price voices Harod! Now I really need to find all of those old shows and watch them again.

Kaya Young
                                @kaya-young

@jenwriter17  Yes, this was really great!

Thank you for being such a fantastic host to the strong Christian women bible study!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 93 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >