Stop motion

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Film Stop motion

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Hoven
    @sarah-h
      • Total Posts: 669

@bluejay I finally watched your Lego movies today. They are so funny! You did a really good job. It must have been rather tedious, making all those little adjustments. It’s so cool that you were actually able to make them “talk”. Cedric did seem a bit wiggly in the first one, but The Call Of The Prince was much smoother. Do you use a specific kind of software to make them? My brothers are interested in stop motion, but their attempts have been much more basic. Will you make any more Lego movies?

BlueJay
      @bluejay
        • Total Posts: 1622

@sarah-h Thank you. Yes, there is a major improvement between the two stop motions. Making the Lego talk was such fun. I use Pinnacle, but I think it is actually rather junky. So maybe a newer version or a different program all together would be better.
        The first lego stop motion I did I didn’t even finish, then the next one had basically no movement. The next one, the sound was terrible and final I did the one with Cedric in it. (I have made short movies in between, but nothing like these ones). And then this one.
        Yes, I will be making more. Although I don’t know what about. I would like to get into making movies with them. I’ll post a link here for a 49 minute stop motion Christian movie. It is really amazing. Tell me what you think…
        Bound

Emma Flournoy
        @emma-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 1352

Wow, @BlueJay, you won second in the competition! Good job.
          And is ‘Paperclip Productions’ your ownest company?? Wow.
          I like this. Is the story taken directly from the Chuck Black story?

BlueJay
          @bluejay

@emma-flournoy Yes, Talea did win second. It was very exciting. I don’t know any of the results for this year yet, but soon. (I think)
            And yes again. Paperclip Productions is my own company. 🙂
            And yes! The movie for Call of the Prince is from the last book in the Knights of Arrethtrae; Rowan.

And I should add, for anyone who watched “Bound”. It is not my movie. I didn’t really say that in my last post. (although if the credits get watched, my name is not in there, so you might have been able to figure that out.) 🙂

Sarah Hoven
            @sarah-h

@bluejay We watched Bound as a family last night. It was amazing! Thank you for telling me about it. I still can’t figure out what genre it is. I assumed it was just fantasy, until they mentioned chapel. And then Micah – or was it the boy?- mentioned Scotland Yard from Sherlock Holmes. And one of the scenes had Don Quixote in the background. What do you call that? Whatever it is, it’s hilarious and we need more movies like that.
              Wow, you have your own company? That’s so neat! Congratulations on winning second! You really did an excellent job with Tarea. I can’t wait to see your future productions! 🙂

BlueJay
              @bluejay

@sarah-h That’s awesome. I probably would call it medieval. 🙂 Yes, although it is mainly just me, in the company, my family is a big help. (a friends too, who do the voicing)
                Thank you. Oh, that’s sweet of you. I loved voicing Talea. It was my first time voicing a character.
                I have no idea what the future productions will be, but I am thinking… 🙂

Sarah Hoven
                @sarah-h

@bluejay Yikes, I misspelled it! Talea, not Tarea. That was your first time? I loved the way you did it. I’m not sure if you can hear your own accent- I can’t hear mine- but it gave the movie a very old-Englishy, medieval feeling. At first, silly American me, I thought you were intentionally trying to affect a medieval accent, and then I realized it was your Australian accent. It was perfect.
                  It would be cool if you did one with an Australian setting, maybe based off of Adventures Down Under or … I don’t know, I’m not very familiar with Australian literature. What are you thinking? 🙂

BlueJay
                  @bluejay

I can sort of hear my accent. Haha. 🙂 Hmm…that’s an idea. I shall have to look through all the Aussie books that we have.
                    Don’t worry about typing Talea wrong. Yes, the first time on a “big” movie. I did one once before, but it was only about 30 seconds long, so I don’t really count it. And I voiced everyone one and that short one too.
                    The way to hear your own accent it to listen to someone’s accent and then say the same words and try to hear the difference.

@sarah-h

BlueJay
                    @bluejay

Oops I forgot to reply to your last question. I am thinking of finding a new scene from Chuck’s books and starting early.
                      Or doing Black Beauty. That would be hard to do, but fun I think. 🙂

Sarah Hoven
                      @sarah-h

@bluejay Thinking about it that way, I guess I can hear my accent. I don’t know if I like it, though…
                        I’ve never read Black Beauty. It’s about a horse, isn’t it? I really liked all the action and scene changes in Talea. Do you think your next one will be like that, or will it be more dialogue-centered, like Call of the Prince?

BlueJay
                        @bluejay

@sarah-h Our own accents can sound weird to our ears, but just remember that it is music to the Lord’s ears. 🙂
                          *gasp* You have got to read Black Beauty!! (I was so shocked my fingers wouldn’t work and I spelt everything wrong and had to start again) 😛 Yes, it is a about a horse. The author Anne Sewell, if you want to look it up at the library or some place.
                          I don’t think we fixed anything up in the book. (although if you get a kids’ version I think it might use the Lord’s name in vain, at one point, which is disappointing. Especially in a young children’s book) I think we have the unabridged copy and it is really good reading.
                          Maybe I will make it both… 🙂 🙂 🙂

Sarah Hoven
                          @sarah-h

@bluejay Thanks. 🙂 I never really gave it much thought until one night I was volunteering at church, and one of my customers said I have a weird accent, in a negative way. But whatever it sounds like, God made it and He likes it, so I’ll stick with that. 🙂
                            I really don’t know why I haven’t read Black Beauty; it’s extremely popular and I’ve grown up hearing about it. I’d like to read it. Maybe they have it on iBooks. Unabridged versions are almost always better than modern revisions, I think. A stop-motion horse movie would be neat; I think you should do it. It was funny; in Bound, the horses’ legs were fixed, so it looked like they were floating instead of walking. Do they make Lego horses with free-moving legs? Though I haven’t read it, I imagine it would be difficult to do Black Beauty with a fixed horse.

BlueJay
                            @bluejay

Calling all people who have read any of Chuck Black’s Kingdom Series or Knights of Arrethtrae.

@graciekry
                              @his-instrument @jess @clairec @the-happy-bookaholic @dragon-snapper @timothy-young @warrioroftherealm @emma-flournoy @winter-rose @ingridrd @christi-eaton @aysia-serene @adry_grace @daeus @belegteleri @hope @overcomer @vanna @faithdk @anna-brie @gretald @kate-flournoy @jadamae @hislittlerose @hannah-krynicki @writefury @hannah-olsen @zoe-wingfeather @dbhgodreigns @wordfitlyspoken @sarah-h @hannah-c @spradlin @ivy-rose @rolena-hatfield @anne-swiftblade @anne-of-lothlorien
                              I am looking for another scene to stop motion and I can’t decide what to do. So…what would you like to see made into a movie??? Please give lots and lots and lots of suggestions.
                              “Multiple suggestions from one person are allowed 😉 ”
                              Well…start naming the scenes…

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by BlueJay.
                              Snapper
                              @dragon-snapper
                                • Total Posts: 3515

@bluejay I’m afraid I can’t help you here. I haven’t had read those yet. Sorry…

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Greta
                                @gretald
                                  • Total Posts: 450

@bluejay, Sorry, I’ve never read those books (I need to), so I can’t exactly help you…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >