Stereotype/Archetype Suggestions for KP Cinema?

Home Forums Kingdom Cinema Stereotype/Archetype Suggestions for KP Cinema?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mark Kamibaya Mark Kamibaya 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Josiah DeGraaf
    Josiah DeGraaf
    Keymaster

We’re prepping to shoot the next 2-3 videos in the character types series, and have some ideas for character types we could address, but I wanted to hear from you all first. Are there any character stereotypes you’d like to see us tackle? Let me know and I can see if we can address them in a future video!

@kate-flournoy @anna-brie @alia @daeus @gretald @anyone-else

Profile photo of Alia
    Alia
    Participant

Have you done the brainy sidekick yet? Those always annoyed me because they made it look like the hero couldn’t think for himself

Profile photo of Kate Flournoy
    Kate Flournoy
    Participant

Hm… the whiny teenaged hero? 😛

@Aratrea

Profile photo of Dragon Snapper
    Dragon Snapper
    Participant

@aratrea So glad I’m doing this course. I have no clue as to what and Archetype is. 😛

Profile photo of Daeus
    Daeus

It looks like you have yet to do the love interest or sidekick.

Profile photo of Kate Flournoy
    Kate Flournoy
    Participant

@Dragon-Snapper an archetype is basically the typical role any given character fulfills. Mentor. Hero. Dark Lord. A slot for a character that doesn’t really depend that much on the character himself, but what part the character plays in the story.

Dragon Snapper
    Participant

@kate-flournoy Gotcha. Thanks again! 😛
    Okay then. Definitely the Mentor, and maybe the Evil King (if that exists).
    @aratrea

Profile photo of Rachelle
    Rachelle
    Participant

Have you already addressed the perfect love interest? Or maybe the expendable red shirt type character. =P

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of Rachelle Rachelle.
    Josiah DeGraaf
    Keymaster

Thanks so much for the suggestions y’all! You guys are the best. We’ll definitely add love interest & sidekick to the docket.

@dragon-snapper This is actually for our Youtube channel, not the Theme Mastery course. 🙂 Our first video here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1B1zNr_X-g&t=3s) introduces what character types are, and we’ve actually already covered both of your suggestions here for the Mentor (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KhqnH6BMQc) and here for the Evil Overlord (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Ab8lmRV_o&t=145s). Hope that helps. 🙂

Profile photo of Gabrielle
    Gabrielle
    Participant

@aratrea What about the mysterious tough guy with the sad backstory who never smiles?

Josiah DeGraaf
    Keymaster

@winter-rose Oh; I like that idea. And I’ve seen that in waaaaaaay too many stories.

Profile photo of GracieGirl
    GracieGirl
    Participant

@aratrea This might be a little too late, but I just though of one. The arrogant, rich city boy that is stuck by catastrophe and learns humility or something like that. Like Tony Stark, Steven Strange, Lightening McQueen, etc.

Profile photo of GracieGirl
    GracieGirl
    Participant

And now that I think about it, Thor kinda falls into this too. Man, Marvel has a problem with that apparently….

Dragon Snapper
    Participant

@aratrea Yeah…I figured that a few hours later. 😛

Profile photo of Mark Kamibaya
    Mark Kamibaya
    Participant

White savior

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ad