Stars Fill Infinity

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Critique Requests Stars Fill Infinity

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 159 total)
  • Author
    Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17
      • Total Posts: 2522

@seekjustice alrighty then! I’m enjoying it so far and I really like Rain’s personality!

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
      www.jennaterese.com

SeekJustice
      @seekjustice
        • Total Posts: 3365

@jenwriter17

Thanks! Rain was definitely one of my favourites to write. I love her too. 😊

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Jenna Terese
        @jenwriter17

@seekjustice just an update: I’m halfway through part 2! 👍

www.jennaterese.com

Jenna Terese
          @jenwriter17

@seekjustice another update: I found a couple hours spare time and I’m now beginning part 3!😁

www.jennaterese.com

SeekJustice
            @seekjustice

@jenwriter17 whoa! You’re a fast reader. You definitely aren’t going to need until March! 😊

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Jenna Terese
              @jenwriter17

@seekjustice Well, I’m really enjoying the read and I just keep going back to it! 😁

www.jennaterese.com

SeekJustice
                @seekjustice

@jenwriter17

I’m also going to add a few questions at the end of the document for you to answer, if you’d be happy doing that 😀

Jenna Terese
                  @jenwriter17

@seekjustice Sure!👍

www.jennaterese.com

Jenna Terese
                    @jenwriter17

@seekjustice *fangirls* Just finished reading Stars Fill Infinity! I’ts been a really long time since I’ve read a book of this length in the time that I did. 👍Overall, I really enjoyed the whole thing, the theme, character, and plot. Looking forward to seeing the finished published book! What are your plans for publishing?😊

Were you still wanting me to answer some questions? I didn’t see them at the end of the document, unless you wanted to ask me them here?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Jenna Terese.

www.jennaterese.com

SeekJustice
                      @seekjustice

@jenwrier17

Sorry I meant to put them there but forgot 😕

Here they are! I’m glaad you enjoyed it 😊

Who was your favorite character? Why?

What were some of your favourite scenes? Why?

Were there any scenes you thought were poimtless or boring?

What did you think of the world-building? Was it clear and unique? What could I improve?

Were there any parts you found confusing?

What did you think of Chessy’s pov?

What did you think of Sapphire’s pov?

Did you find any plot holes?

Anything else to add?

SeekJustice
                        @seekjustice

@jenwriter17

No idea what I did to your tag

See above ^^

Jenna Terese
                          @jenwriter17

@seekjustice Don’t worry about my tag, someone just recently left off the 17 😉

My answers:

Who was your favorite character? Why?

I really liked Chessy because of her spunk and determination and passion to do what’s right no matter what. I also liked Rain because of her roughness, sneakiness, and, I gotta say, the way she talked too. 😊 I like Jonas because of his quiet strength and wisdom, Quillon because he was just a nice guy (I even liked his bit of awkwardness). I also liked Waif because of his ‘streetkid-ness’ and in the end his determination.

What were some of your favorite scenes? Why?

I always liked the parts where Justice showed a little compassion or softening; kinda showed he could be kind of he wanted to. I also liked the last several scenes when you can see Justice, Chess, and Quillon all healing together from their grief, and Justice’s realizations about God’s providence. I really liked the last scene with Kai’s POV; you never know how one act of kindness will affect someone. I liked the parts when Chess went to the river with Rain too.

With the scenes that one of the characters asked for God’s strength or intervention, I thought you did a good job ‘showing’ instead of ‘telling’ how God answered their prayers. I’ve seen the opposite done so many times; even though it was true God helped them, some authors don’t let readers come to that conclusion by themselves, so it comes across as preachy. I thought there was good ‘showing’ instead of ‘telling’ through the whole book.

Were there any scenes you thought were pointless or boring?

Some of the scenes with the revolutionaries meeting in the cafe didn’t seem pointless, but they are slower paced scenes. Maybe omitting needless words and shortening it a bit (like taking out or shortening the part where they’re kind of arguing about recording and reading off the minutes of the meeting)would not slow down the pace of the story as much. They weren’t pointless though.

What did you think of my world-building? Was it clear and unique? What could I improve?

I thought it was good; how there was a clear distinction between where poorer people were allowed and where they were not. Maybe you could show more of the advanced technology of the ‘gads.’ (😉) For example, the lie detecting machine used on Chess. It kinda shows the ruthlessness of the enemy. But that may be just me ’cause I like to read about advanced technology and things like that. But I thought it was good overall.

Were there any parts you found confusing?

No, don’t think so.

What did you think of Chessy’s POV?

Overall I liked it. You could see how Chessy matured over the course of the novel and in the end became a strong young woman who knew God’s hand in events and was able to help her friends through hard times.

What did you think of Sapphire’s POV?

I have to admit the first time I realized the POV was switching to this character, I was hoping Sapphire’s attitude wasn’t going to be unreasonably angry at Chess, expecting immediate love and everything to go back to normal. I was glad that she knew her mistakes and the consequences. Even though she did want forgiveness, she knew how hard it would be for Chess.

Did you find any plot holes?

Nope.👍

Anything else to add?

Sometimes I had a hard time remembering all the characters, but that may be just me, ’cause I know I have a hard time with that sometimes. Iras may not have been a necessary character. I know she was in the cell with Chess when she was arrested, but I think anyone could be there without changing the story much (like maybe taking Iras out and putting Lauren in that position instead or something). Sometimes I forgot who Reuel was (did I spell that right?). Again, it’s probably just me. Goldfish memory.

Even though the war part of the novel was a large part of the book, I felt you did a good job not making it feel like it was being dragged out needlessly. I thought it was well paced to keep the reader’s attention. I also think you did a good job hinting at things, letting the reader come to their own conclusion, and not doing info dumps. (for example; in the sewer when Sean is talking to Chess’s father, Sean said he was old fashioned. It was mentioned before that Chess’s father was old fashioned, so I guessed that Justice’s rescuer was really Chess’s father, which kept me reading on to find out).

Awesome book! When you get published, hit the bestseller list, and have agents calling you left and right, don’t forget about us here commoners. 😜Lemme know if there’s anything else you’d like me to do. I’ll let you know if I have something to add to my answers, sometimes things come to me later on.

www.jennaterese.com

Jenna Terese
                            @jenwriter17

Wow, that is a long post.

www.jennaterese.com

SeekJustice
                              @seekjustice

@jenwriter17

Sorry I’ve taken so long to get back to you! Thank you for that lovely post, it made me smile so much 😀 I’ve got a few more questions, if you’re happy to answer them! I’ll write them all out soon, hopefully.

Most important question though: Should Justice and Chessy end up together?

Rochellaine
                                @rochellaine
                                  • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice I thought I probably should let you know that I read your book too. 🙂  I hope you don’t mind.  Maybe you won’t when I tell you I loved it!  I would definitely buy the published version and any sequels you write.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 159 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >