Stars Fill Infinity

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Critique Requests Stars Fill Infinity

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 159 total)
  • Author
    SeekJustice
    @seekjustice
      • Total Posts: 3365

*cough pretentiously* *unrolls scroll*

Citizens of Kingdom Pen! I have an announcement to make. My efforts to edit my novel Black and White (which a few of you so lovingly offered to beta read) have ended in wrack and ruin and I have put it on the back burner for now.

For anyone who is interested, I now offer a new opportunity. Alpha reader for my NaNo novel Stars Fill Infinity. Which is actually finished and I will send out as soon as get a few readers, so I won’t disappear inexplicably.

This is a first draft and I’m trying to pinpoint the issues that need to be addressed when I do the second draft. I’d love to have two readers (I don’t want to be swamped with feedback at the moment, so I’m only looking for two, at the most three) who would go over the draft, ignore all the frantic words, typos and filler scenes to help me work out what needs to go and what stays.

Okay, let me give you a few specifics. Stars Fill Infinity is:

-A YA Les Mis retelling

-Dystopian

-105k long

-Probably good for readers over fifteen (or fourteen, I don’t know. it depends on you, I think)

-Doesn’t include any swearing, overly sensual descriptions, gore or anything else, but there are “mature themes” (a girl having a child out of wedlock, as an example) but if you’ve read or seen Les Miserables, you’ll be fine.

-Here’s the premise in a nutshell:

Chessy Verde and her sister, Sapphire, have spent their whole lives cut off from the world. That is, until Sapphire rebels and runs away with her boyfriend. Broken-hearted at her sister’s betrayal, Chessy continually escapes into the city outside the walls of her community to heal the sick and care for the poor of the town.

But a storm is brewing in the air, disrupting the fragile peace. A charismatic, fiery young man, calling himself Justice Rift, has arrived in town, bringing with him a flag of freedom and talk of revolution. As the disillusioned young people of the town flock around Justice, clamouring for rights and for the rich and corrupt to pay for the damage they have caused, Chessy finds herself drawn towards the rebellious Justice and the cause he is willing to lay down his life for.

When Chessy makes a foolish choice that puts her on the radar of a deadly and determined police officer, she finds herself asking hard questions. She is willing to die, but is she willing to forgive? She is willing to sacrifice everything, but she is willing to show mercy to those who have hurt her most?

Okay, this post is super long, so I’ll leave it there. if you have any questions please ask! Also, if I don’t choose you to become an early reader, don’t despair, because I will need more readers later on. 😀

Some tags. Just so this gets seen.

@dragon-snapper
      @kate-flournoy @jane-maree @dekreel @catwing @sam-kowal @everyone!

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Silverclaw Bonnetfolly
      @silverclaw-bonnetfolly
        • Total Posts: 69

I’ll do it if you need me to!

Sam Kowal
        @sam-kowal
          • Total Posts: 635

@seek-justice This sounds really amazing
          If you’re only looking for two readers, though, I’ll pass for now, because I’m beta reading another project right now and there will probably be some others here who would want to do it.

I really like that title, by the way 😀

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
          Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Elizabeth
          @that_writer_girl_99
            • Total Posts: 1819

Wow! Sounds amazing. I’ve read your stuff before and thoroughly enjoyed it, so I’m in.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Jenna Terese
            @jenwriter17
              • Total Posts: 2522

@seekjustice This sounds like an awesome idea! If you don’t already have the readers you need, I’d be happy to be one. 😁

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
              www.jennaterese.com

SeekJustice
              @seekjustice

@sam-kowal no worries! Thanks, I really like the title too!

@silverclaw-bonnetfolly
                @that_writer_girl_99 @jenwriter17 three’s a perfect number! Are you right with a google doc or would you prefer Word?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

SeekJustice
                @seekjustice

@silverclaw-bonnetfolly @that_writer_girl_99 @jenwriter17

here’s the link for the google doc

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KNA78E-M5ltTfwNEFfpJeAuzlARhbMxAxsh5Vcb5UAY/edit?usp=sharing

if you’d prefer a word doc let me know and we can work something out. it should be set to commenting mode. 😀 It’s only the first ten chapters, because the doc probably won’t want the whole entire thing in one document, so I’ll put it up in three parts.

Jenna Terese
                  @jenwriter17

@seekjustice i think google docs is fine, though i’ve never used it before. anything i need to know about it? and just so i know and everything’s clear in my mind, what kind of critique are you wanting?

I’m so excited!!!

www.jennaterese.com

SeekJustice
                    @seekjustice

@jenwriter17 Google Docs is pretty simple. Clicking the link will take you to the first part of the novel, I’ll post the links for the second and third part in a minute. Above the doc there’ll be a bar which looks like the bar on this forum and towards the end there is an icon which has a little speech bubble with a plus sign. That’s the comment button. If you see anything you want to talk about, just make a comment and type in that.

as to the critique, this is only a first draft, so I’m not looking for any indepth critiques. I just want you to tell me what you think of the themes, how my character arcs are, how the plot is, and point out any scenes you think should be added or taken away, any plot holes or inconsistencies. It’s just a general critique currently.

Thanks!

Jenna Terese
                      @jenwriter17

@seekjustice okay, got it! is there a specific date you would like it back by? I’m actually still on Christmas break, so I’m not sure how much will get done in the next week (spendin’ time with the family, ya know). But when school starts again I’ll be able to read more.

www.jennaterese.com

Jenna Terese
                        @jenwriter17

@seekjustice

Hi, was just reading Stars Fill Infinity. Lovin’ it so far! I really like Chess’ and Rain’s personalities! But the tab got refreshed and now I don’t see the icon to add comments. What should I do? I tried closing the tab and reopening it with the link you gave.

www.jennaterese.com

SeekJustice
                          @seekjustice

@jenwriter17

Sorry, I didn’t reply to your previous message. I’d like it back before March, but its a pretty long book and life happens, so if you need longer, just let me know ( @silverclaw-bonnetfolly @that_writer_girl_99 if you’d be able to do the same, that would be great)

As to the icon, let me have a look and I’ll get back to you.

SeekJustice
                            @seekjustice

@jenwriter17 @silverclaw-bonnetfolly @that_writer_girl_99

Okay, it should work now. I thought I had put it on anyone can comment, but I don’t seem to have. So it should work now.

Part 1

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KNA78E-M5ltTfwNEFfpJeAuzlARhbMxAxsh5Vcb5UAY/edit?usp=sharing

Part 2

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mFGQNjEMrZzT76OhDDCsNC8mtVxP_ix2mEo-eamN2BM/edit?usp=sharing

Part 3

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JdnI1Fe_mFmEC6_PAfcGjIENGHs9LLeNbPuflKi5FxM/edit?usp=sharing

Let me know if it still isn’t working!

Jenna Terese
                              @jenwriter17

@seekjustice It’s working now! I had already put in some comments, should I redo those?

March should be enough time, but I’ll let ya know 😉

www.jennaterese.com

SeekJustice
                                @seekjustice

@jenwriter17

I don’t think I’ve received any comments, so if you would that would be great!

Cool 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 159 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >