*stands up to introduce self* *trips*

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE *stands up to introduce self* *trips*

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Emma Flournoy
    @emma-flournoy
      • Total Posts: 1352

@Ethryndal *shakes finger reprovingly* Pay attention to your own advice my dear. XD

Shaina
      @jenali
        • Total Posts: 142

@feedingmygoldfish Same, not a tomboy, but definitely a book worm. And yes I am an oldest and my siblings say I am bossy. 😛 🙂

@theliterarycrusader
        @ethryndal So, what makes INFJ’s scary and ENFJ’s not so scary? I am an ENFJ and I have never been told that I am scary, though people have told me that I am intimidating…..

The Scattered Writer

FeedingMyGoldfish
        @feedingmygoldfish
          • Total Posts: 47

@emma-flournoy The weird thing is that, although I’m such an introvert, most people think I’m outgoing and bubbly in person. I guess it’s from working too many years as a clerk or a secretary. XD

@ethryndal
          @theliterarycrusader I agree. “Intense and passionate” is an accurate description of us INFJs. People frequently ask me, “Could you be a little less intense about _____!?” To which my response is a blank look followed by an, “Ummm…well…maybe?” 😛

@jenali
          I know an ENFJ and my assessment is that they’re like inspirational teddy bears that make sure everybody is taken care of and defend those who need it. INFJs are similar, except we’re so quiet *and* passionate/intense. People who have told me that they’re afraid of me or that I intimidate them usually base this on one of their perceptions of me, such as: I’m “so intelligent,” or I’m “the most unflappable person” they’ve ever met, or that I have mastered the “mom look.” Meanwhile, in reality, my quietness merely hides all the really dumb questions that pop into my head while I’m trying to not fail biology class, and because I’m quiet I don’t react to things as openly as an extrovert. And, yeah, of course I’ve mastered the “mom look”–I’m a big sister. XD

Shaina
          @jenali
            • Total Posts: 142

@feedingmygoldfish ‘Inspirational teddy bears’. *snickersnickersnicker* XD Thank you for the explanation, makes much more sense now! See, being an extrovert, I tend to come right out and ask all of those ridiculous questions, which seriously hinders the whole looking intelligent thing. 😛 🙂
            Ah yes, the “mom look”. What’s scary is when your brother does it right back at you…..

The Scattered Writer

Rolena Hatfield
            @rolena-hatfield
              • Total Posts: 405

@feedingmygoldfish I am fashionably late! But welcome to the kingdom! So glad Brianna convinced you to join us here! Any friend of her’s is a friend of mine… especially a fellow squirrel lover. 😀
              Which is your favorite color? A black, red or gray squirrel? Have you written a book about squirrels?

https://rolenahatfield.com/

FeedingMyGoldfish
              @feedingmygoldfish

@rolena-hatfield Thanks for the warm welcome! I don’t think I could pick a color. My favorite squirrels are fox squirrels, which are a light brindled brown, but I adore black squirrels too. And then there are piebald squirrels. *eyes sparkle at the thought*

(@theliterarycrusader Have I written a book about squirrels, she asks… *muahahaha*) Indeed, I *have* written a book about squirrels! It was originally an assignment for my mythology class, so it is a classical hero’s journey, adapted to a squirrel’s perspective. Basically, Marvin McNutt has to travel to South America to bring back fire ants and save his pecan grove. (The pecan crop was bad because the soil was too compacted, and Marvin heard that fire ants loosen the soil with their tunnels.) After that, it turned into a series, which is very much a WIP. I haven’t written the next story, exactly, but I have written somewhat interlinked stories and I have soooo many ideas. 😛

Anon
                @theliterarycrusader
                  • Total Posts: 64

@feedingmygoldfish *Smirks knowingly* Of course you’ve written a book about squirrels, and I’ve had the privilege of reading the delightful tale. 😉

FeedingMyGoldfish
                  @feedingmygoldfish

@theliterarycrusader *grins way bigger than the situation calls for* *realizes I do that all the time* *further realizes that’s probably why people think I’m bubbly* I just love how there almost isn’t a single person who know me but doesn’t know about my obsession with squirrels. (And other critters, for that matter…)

*dashes off grinning to hang out with my guinea pigs*

Rolena Hatfield
                    @rolena-hatfield

@feedingmygoldfish Piebald squirrels?! *goes to look these things up* What?! Awwwww!!!!! That’s the best thing ever! I’m still partial to my favorite pals the black squirrel. No matter how cute those piebald’s are.

Ah, yes! A book with a squirrel as the main character (and Marvin McNutt! Hahaha! I love that so much!)! I’m so happy right now :p *grins along with you* *wishes I had guinea pigs to dash off to*

Northerner
                      @northerner
                        • Total Posts: 244

@feedingmygoldfish, I like Amy Lowell too, what little I’ve read of her. I sympathize about the community college’s lack of options. I started at one of those, got fed up with it (apparently a home-schooler’s standards are way too high for American educational systems to satisfy), and started at another college that was closer to liberal education. I am a Creative Writing Major, with side trails into Literature, Philosophy, and History, though Philosophy is my only actual minor.

You are deservedly famous for the water-flinging metaphor. It might be as close to an original thought as anyone’s gotten.

@theliterarycrusader
                        , I think Daeus might have usurped Josiah’s throne at some point. . . ice cream probably had something to do with it.

FeedingMyGoldfish
                        @feedingmygoldfish

@rolena-hatfield Black squirrels are amazing. I just can’t pick because I’m so obsessed with all of them. 😛

I’m happy that you’re happy. 🙂 And I’m glad you love the name. XD *realizes I’m dashing off to take care of guinea pigs again* (They’re new, and kind of a full-time job to take care of *and* re-tame because of all the commotion.)

FeedingMyGoldfish
                          @feedingmygoldfish

@northerner Community college has been annoying from time to time, and as a fellow homeschooler, I understand the frustration for sure! But, for me, even when the classes and the education has been disappointing, I have learned so much from working on campus as an English tutor, a Spanish tutor, and an office assistant, and from meeting a person here and there who have truly made me better…I wouldn’t trade my experience for the world.

For clarity’s sake, I only wrote the second part about the goldfish…@theliterarycrusader found the first part somewhere else, and I just used it as a springboard for my water-flinging “journal entry”! 😛

Anon
                            @theliterarycrusader
                              • Total Posts: 64

@northerner HOW DARE HE! And how dare King Josiah’s subjects be swayed by something as trivial as ice cream! INSURRECTION!

Oh well. I’ll just poison a raspberry or a scone and slip it to Daeus. That’ll take care of the problem. 😛

Long live King Josiah!

Rolena Hatfield
                              @rolena-hatfield

@northerner @theliterarycrusader *comes running in out of breath* I heard the words insurrection and poison! *quickly reads the last couple of posts*
                                *applauds Brianna for taking care of the problem* *resolves to warn @daeus not to eat any more raspberries or scones, at least, not ones from Brianna’s kitchen*

*joins in the cry for our reigning king* Long live King Josiah!

Northerner
                                @northerner
                                  • Total Posts: 244

@Daeus, would you like to defend your claim? Or perhaps the blame should be on @Dragon-snapper, for arranging it. (And I think Daeus as king works, in the story, better than Josiah as king. Because if Josiah were king, Daniel would be the evil brother who usurps the throne.)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >