*Stands up from some sort of shadowy corner and waves* Aiya!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE *Stands up from some sort of shadowy corner and waves* Aiya!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    J.A. Penrose
    @jess-penrose
      • Total Posts: 377

Um… I’ve kinda been hanging around for a while, not quite sure how to do anything, but, yeah.
      I’m a 15 year old Australian girl, and, well, I love writing. And reading. And writing. And reading. And I love to have deep conversations about theology, eternity, death, morality, nothingness, and alllllll that fun stuff. Oh, and about books and writing. That’s cool too.
      I can’t wait to be able to communicate with like-minded humans, and elves, and dwarves, and dragons, and faery folk, and the rest of you guys!
      Warning- I am a very random, sporadic person who is daily informed that they are crazy. I will come up with about 51 gazillion ideas, then start blathering, then kinda die off… but I am still interested in said topic, I just probably confusled myself. : D
      Above all though, I love Christ and live to serve Him as my Lord.
      *Hesitates then bows awkwardly* Well, um, that’s it for me.

Writer | Freelance Editor
      Inspiration&lt

Emma Flournoy
      @emma-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 1352

@Jess-Penrose Welcome to the bestistest place on the Internet! Another Aussie! *wild applause* We have several of those here. 😉 Good to have you. You sound like a nice person. XD And I approve of your conversation subject matter likes.
        What’s your favorite book?

Kate Flournoy
        @kate-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 3976

@Jess-Penrose welcome to the Kingdom! Three cheers for the new KeePer! *confetti everywhere*
          You sound a lot like me actually. 😛 What are you writing currently? What’s your genre of choice?

J.A. Penrose
          @jess-penrose

@Emma Flournoy Thanks! I feel welcomed.
            Bestistest, that’s a new one. Cool.
            Yay! I’m glad Aussies are appreciated here!
            Oh no. Did you just say, ‘Favorite’? *Cries* Nuuuu! How to chose?
            Ah, well, I love anything by Tolkien. And C.S.Lewis. I also love the Out of TIme Trilogy, and the Ilyon Chronicles, and the Echoes Beyond the Edge…. I can’t choose! Too many epic books of epicness out there!
            What about you? Do you have a foavorite?

Inspiration&lt

J.A. Penrose
            @jess-penrose

Oh great, I am also known not to proof-read. “favorite”

Inspiration&lt

J.A. Penrose
              @jess-penrose

@Kate Flournoy Hi! I feel like this place is amazing so far.
                My current WIP? Um, I’m plotting out a dystopian trilogy, which is really interesting (I think) so far. But I’m also editing a medieval trilogy I wrote last Camp NaNo. And as for preferred genre, well, to write, sci-fi, fantasy, anything that mean I can escape reality and completely control my character’s world.
                To read, almost anything. If it’s well written, I’ll probably like it.
                Do you have a current WIP? What is it?

Inspiration&lt

Emma Flournoy
                @emma-flournoy

@Jess-Penrose I know! There’s too much epicness to choose from. I love Tolkien and Lewis too. The Lord of the Rings and Les Miserables by Victor Hugo are some of my favorite books…and…a LOT of other ones. And @Kate-Flournoy’s (she’s my second oldest sister) WIP. Which is named Awesome.
                  Okay not really. But it IS THAT. 😀

Kate Flournoy
                  @kate-flournoy

@Jess-Penrose *cough**cough* It’s called Uncharted— ahem @Emma-Flournoy— and it’s the second book in a fantasy series of eleven. Fantasy and sci-fi are definitely my favorite genres, for the same reasons you cited. *wink* Complete creative license is so addicting. 😛

Emma Flournoy
                    @emma-flournoy

*grins maniacally*

Elizabeth
                      @that_writer_girl_99
                        • Total Posts: 1819

@jess-penrose Welcome to the Kingdom! It’s great to have you.

Oh. Yes. I remember when I joined a couple months ago, it was all so confusing. There’s no dumb questions! Feel free to ask away. Someone’s always here to answer whatever’s on your mind.

Heh…I’m rather obsessed with Harry Potter right now, so, have you read Harry Potter? And if so, do you know what your house is?

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Elizabeth
                        @that_writer_girl_99

@kate-flournoy *coughs* Are you on? The rest of my family is currently watching basketball, which I’m not interested in, so if you want to do the character cafe thing…

Kate Flournoy
                          @kate-flournoy

@That_Writer_Girl_99 I’d love to but I’m writing and I’ve promised myself I’ll make my quota of words for today. 😉
                            Honestly the best time to do something like that would probably be in the afternoon. That’s when I have my ‘free time.’

Elizabeth
                            @that_writer_girl_99

Alright. Well, when you get a chance, I’ll be on until 11:00 @kate-flournoy

J.A. Penrose
                              @jess-penrose

Ah, sorry @Elizabeth! I only just got back on.

Inspiration&lt

J.A. Penrose
                                @jess-penrose

@Elizabeth
                                  As for Harry Potter, ah, that’s always an interesting topic. It isn’t my absolute favorite, probably cos I didn’t really lie Harry, and the whole series was ruined for me by my two older siblings. But, I can still tell you a few things.
                                  I am in Ravenclaw, and I play Chaser. My wand is 12 inches, willow with a core of dragon heart string, light and supple, good for transfiguration.

Inspiration&lt

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >