Songwriting Competition

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Music Songwriting Competition

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Louise Fowler
    @perfectfifths
      • Total Posts: 726

@dragon-snapper Sorry for a late reply! I like both songs, but I think I like the second one more. Do you have music to put to it, or is that not a part of it? I haven’t actually written a song myself (meaning, I haven’t written a decent song. I used to write songs a lot when I was little) but I would love to, and I think it’s great that you’re doing it 😀 It seems hard 😛

Anyway, yeah, I liked the second song more. The verses seemed to be more connected and uniform (the first one felt a bit all-over-the-place) plus I liked the theme of home 🙂 I hope this helps 🙂 Also, if you were to put them to music and record them, that would be so cool! 😀 😉

Currently reading Les Miserables

Snapper
      @dragon-snapper
        • Total Posts: 3515

@perfectfifths Not too late! 😀
        I do have music for each. The first one is a bit slower than the second. I do plan to record them, I just have to get a half-decent mic. 😀

Thanks for your input everyone! I do think I’ll be going with the first one, with the addition of a few edits to make it more organized, and straightforward. Also, good input on the American vs. Australian references. This is an international contest, after all. 😀
        I’ll keep you updated!

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

@dragon-snapper Really nice on both of them. The second one has a strong folky feel if that’s what you want, but I personally like the first one better.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Anne of Lothlorien
          @anne-of-lothlorien
            • Total Posts: 440

@dragon-snapper I like the first one better. They are both great, but the first one just talks to me personally more. Good luck! Oh, and when you record them, can you give us a link somehow, so we can hear them?

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          >