So. *Pops knuckles* Art, anyone?

Home Page › Forums › Other Art Forms › Art › So. *Pops knuckles* Art, anyone?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    G. B. Carter
    @graceofspades2017
      • Total Posts: 81

SO! *gazes around at my imaginary audience*

I really like to draw. However, the sad thing is that I don’t really like to draw when I’m just drawing for myself. One of my favorite things in the world is drawing for others because I like to make people happy, or at least amused. 🙂 Also, it’s really fun to try and capture a character’s personality or a scene’s mood and what not… I enjoy the challenge, and if I don’t portray what was intended then it gives me practice, and if I do then I get a happy customer + the occasional compliment. It’s a win-win!

You probably know where this is heading by now, but my intentions of posting this thread is so that anyone can request a drawing and I will draw it. It can be a head shot of a character, a full body, a scene from a book you’re writing, or even something completely random like Batman eating a sandwich. (I probably would fail miserably at that, but you know what I’m trying to say.)

I may not post them as fast as you might wish, but I promise that I’ll get to it. If you haven’t heard from me in a week, feel free to tag me and give me a thorough cyber-tickling. That usually wakes me up. 😛

Anyway, all you have to do to get something drawn is fill out this nifty lil form~ (The [s] are there just in case you would like me to draw more than one character.

Name[s]:
      Gender[s]:
      Appearance[s]:
      Scene [if any]:

I may post some examples of my work later. As for now, ta-ta!~

Myers-Briggs Type (MBTI 🙂 ): INTP-T

NC Stokes
      @daughteroftheking
        • Total Posts: 1156

Hi @graceofspades2017! This is a great idea! Ok, here goes:
        Name: Axa Garadae
        Appearance: Tall, muscular, mid-twenties. Blue eyes and dark pink hair (she comes from a planet which has chemicals in the atmosphere that turn people’s hair weird colors). Her story is sci-fi. She is human but has never been to Earth. She is intense but kind and wants to protect everyone she meets.
        Scene: No scene. But could you draw her with a sci-fi looking laser gun?
        Thank you! this is awesome! 🙂

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Kate Flournoy
        @kate-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 3976

@GraceofSpades2017 sounds like you and @I-J-Anderson would get along splendidly. 😀

Hm. Okayyyyy… I’ve had a few characters drawn, but never a scene. This could be fun. Hmmm… Okayyyy… I’ve got one. Two characters first:
          Harold. Nineteen, tall, somewhat lanky, curly/wavy bright gold hair, hard face, flame-blue eyes; very intense and wired wayyyyyyy too tight and suspicious of everyone and really just wants to be loved… basically an emotional mess okay? 😛
          Second character is Taren. She’s sixteen, very small, and deceptively quiet. Notices everything. Bird-boned with a pale, pointed face, enormous brown eyes, and long, coarse auburn hair. Both she and Harold are fantasy characters, but she dresses a little out of the common way— more like an Arab or some such middle eastern ethnicity.
          The scene… they’re both crouched in a dark, very squalid alley at night, hiding among crates and such and looking across the dim street at a high-walled mansion barred in with iron spikes. Taren is holding a bundle full of parchments in a fold of her sash, along with a very large clumsy book.

Is that enough details?

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 53

Hi @graceofspades2017! Do you think you could maybe draw this..? I would really like a group shot of my 10 main characters… (Did you not also draw one of my characters..? Henry, maybe? Or I could be getting you confused…) Anyway! If it’s too hard, no worries. 🙂
            PS: Sitting, standing, whatever. I will leave that to you. But you will probably want to know how tall they all are if you draw them standing.

Name: Alex, Riley, Jared, Lacey, Daniel, Ashley, Lucas, Melody, Skylah, Henry
            Gender: Male, female, male, female, male, female, male, female, female, male
            Appearance: Err.. could you maybe ask for them separately or make it up?
            Scene: Up to you. Though a dog/cat/horse/other animal could be nice. 🙂

Thanks!
            Holly

G. B. Carter
            @graceofspades2017

@daughteroftheking Gladly! I will do my best to do the lazer gun as well. 😛 Just, be prepared for it to be not the greatest. (Just as a fair warning, aha *facepalm*)

@kate-flournoy
              Oooo I like it!! That’s probably going to take a while, but I’ll do my best! 😀

@holly-nelson-gray Yeah, I drew Henry! 😀 And I would TOTALLY love to draw this. I love group pictures. 🙂 I think you posted brief descriptions of each character on the Character Art Exchange, so I’ll just get them from there.

Aaah I’m so excited!~ Thank you all!

G. B. Carter
              @graceofspades2017

@daughteroftheking Order up!
                The lovely Axa Garadae~
                Axa Garadae the bosses of bosses

She was so stinking fun to draw!!
                Also, does she actually have long hair…? XD

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by G. B. Carter.

NC Stokes
                @daughteroftheking
                  • Total Posts: 1156

@graceofspades2017 *faints* AHHHHHHHHH!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!! Yes, her hair is really long. *glances up at picture and faints again* I like the hover boots! I might have to use that in my story…

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

G. B. Carter
                  @graceofspades2017

@daughteroftheking Oh boy. *pulls out a bucket of water and splashes it over you in an attempt to rouse you from your faint*
                    But I’m so glad you like it!! 🙂 Yeah, I just added the hover boots as a random lil touch. xD Feel free to use/not use them, whichever you deem fit for your story. 🙂
                    Ahhh I’m really glad you like it! *happy feelings everywhere*

G. B. Carter
                    @graceofspades2017

@kate-flournoy
                      The Alleyway by Fort Dangrshnef (because I don't know the mansion's name)
                      Apologies if it isn’t exactly what was expected, but I gave it a valiant effort. 🙂 I liked drawing it a lot. I don’t usually draw scenery so i was pleasantly surprised with how it turned out, though it pales in comparison to most artists’. XD

Kate Flournoy
                      @kate-flournoy
                        • Total Posts: 3976

@GraceofSpades2017 ooooohhh! I like it! Thanks so much! Love the book. *grins*

G. B. Carter
                        @graceofspades2017

@kate-flournoy It was my pleasure! 😀

JaynieCatgirl08
                          @jayniecatgirl08
                            • Total Posts: 38

@graceofspades no art topic gets created without me knowing!! you’re a really good drawer! could you draw my character,
                            name: Lady time
                            appearance: skirt with clocks on it, bangles and a clock pendant.
                            scene: meh, none.
                            good luck 🙂

Elizabeth
                            @that_writer_girl_99
                              • Total Posts: 1819

Wow! I don’t draw, so I’m just admiring everyone’s work on this forum, but @GraceofSpades2017 that’s a really cool drawing! I love all the tiny details you put in.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Elizabeth.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

G. B. Carter
                              @graceofspades2017

@jayniecatgirl08 Of course! I would be glad to. She sounds so cool!

@that_writer_girl_99
                                Wow, thank you! Haha, I thought I didn’t put enough details, so it’s cool that the ones I did put in were noticed. XD You are very kind to say that. 🙂

Anonymous
                                  • Total Posts: 11

*Peeks above a stone wall and waves*

Heeellllloooo!!!!! I’m working on writing my first book and would love to see how you would illustrate my main character. Good Luck!!!! 🙂

Name:Elias Ryker
                                  Appearance: large, sky blue eyes; dark eyebrows; pale, clear skin; oval face; crooked nose; narrow lips; short, tousled, jet-black hair; tall and athletic; strong hands
                                  Scene [if any]: N/A

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >