Singing

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Music Singing

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    FeedingMyGoldfish
    @feedingmygoldfish
      • Total Posts: 47

@clairec *also raises hand* I love using my opera voice, especially singing opera pop (yay non-Italian…sometimes) like Josh Groban, Il Divo, Il Volo, Chris Mann… All those. Oh, Sarah Brightman! Yeah… 😛

@theliterarycrusader
      Have I ever mentioned this side of me? XD

The Impossible Girl
      @f5a8c3e92
        • Total Posts: 146

Okay @clairec. I’ll repeat my reply from the sidetracked conversation in the prayer requests thread. I’m also a soprano. I prefer not to sing, but as a music student, we all have to do it at school anyway.

"Not all who wander are lost."
        Wild Australian. INXJ.

Kate Flournoy
        @kate-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 3976

@ClaireC *raises hand* My vocal range actually has the high end of the soprano and the low end of the mezzosoprano, so I’m not sure what you’d technically call me. 😉 And yes, I do sing… opera? I’m not sure I’d strictly call it opera, but I have several classical songs that I love that could be categorized like that. Voi Che Sapete, for example. Mozart. 😉 It’s a love song of sorts, but it’s fun and I love the tune. *shrugs**grins* Another good one is Solvieg’s Song, from Peer Ghent… if that’s how you spell it. 😛 Also Mozart’s Laudate Dominum, and yes, I do sing it in Latin.
          But mostly my favorite thing to sing is songs from the musical of Les Miserables, which I only discovered fairly recently. THOSE SONGS ARE SO GOOD. Most of the best ones are either sung by more than one or by a man, so they don’t sound quite right when I do them, 😛 but I enjoy trying.

Snapper
          @dragon-snapper
            • Total Posts: 3515

@feedingmygoldfish 😀 Thank you. It is really fun to play either style (don’t ask me which one is my favorite, because I’m not really sure). A weird thing about me playing guitar though, is that I can’t read tablature, which is what most guitarists use to play melodies. Instead, I read sheet music. 😛

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Elizabeth
            @that_writer_girl_99
              • Total Posts: 1819

@clairec Thanks for making this!

@kate-flournoy
              To answer your original question, I have several years of vocal training–a mixture of singing lessons, different choirs over the years, and me testing my voice. I’m a second soprano, but I can drop down to alto as needed. I love testing my voice.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Elizabeth
              @that_writer_girl_99

@dragon-snapper You play guitar too? Awesome! How many years have you been playing?

Also, don’t feel bad–I primarily use sheet music too, although I can play tabs if needed.

Snapper
                @dragon-snapper

@that_writer_girl_99 I’ve been playing for almost three years now, though it feels like forever! 😛 I prefer sheet music to tabs. I tried to do it once, and it was quite confusing. 😛

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Elizabeth
                  @that_writer_girl_99

That’s awesome! I prefer sheet music to tabs, too, although playing tabs is still fun. @dragon-snapper

Gracie
                    @graciegirl
                      • Total Posts: 889

@clairec Oooh, fun topic! *dives right in*

@kate-Flournoy
                      @feedingmygoldfish @dragon-snapper @that_writer_girl_99 @basically-anyone-talking-about-this
                      I’m G3 to C5, so I guess that confirms that I am an alto. 😀 Coolio. I love singing!! I was in a choir for a few years when I was little, and again just 2-3 years ago in a homeschool co-op. (One of our songs was Do You Wanna Build a Snowman from Frozen. It’s fun to drive my sister nuts singing the alto version. XD ) But, other than that, I haven’t had any training. It hasn’t stopped me from singing practically every minute of every day though. 😆 Okay, it’s not that bad, but it’s enough to earn me a few shushes every so often. I’ll even sing soundtracks and I’ve made up tunes to go along with a couple of the songs in The Lord of the Rings. Of course, they’re not purely original tunes, but it still a lot of fun every once in a while.

*is probably geeking out about something*

Adry_Grace
                      @adry_grace
                        • Total Posts: 169

@everyone i can’t believe i missed this topic.

I sing so much. My entire family hates it.

@kate-flournoy
                        Technically, I have no professional training. I have this yearly choir I’m a part of, but that last 5 weeks and I’m in a group of 100+ people. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUt I did figure out I was a soprano through that so that counts.

I sing nonstop. Anything. Everything. Hymns. Shawn Mendes. The Little Mermaid. Lately, I’ve been really obsessed with broadway and I like to perform Watch What Happens (Reprise) from all of Newsies Broadway single-handedly. My brother loves it. Does anyone else on here like Broadway? Even a little?

@gracie-girl Singing frozen for my siblings is my favorite. When I want to be particularly annoying, I sing the entire soundtrack in order with a little (a lot) of dramatization.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Adry_Grace.
                        Adry_Grace
                        @adry_grace
                          • Total Posts: 169

whoops. @graciegirl

Emma Flournoy
                          @emma-flournoy
                            • Total Posts: 1352

@FeedingMyGoldfish Wheee! Yes, I’ve tried the higher-on-bow grip before, but never long enough to get comfortable with it. 😛 I should do it more.

@ClaireC
                            I’m F3 to F5…so that makes me like a cross between alto and mezzosoprano. I love singing, but mostly when I’m alone, or just having fun. 😛 I carry tunes well but I don’t really have technique.

Anon
                            @theliterarycrusader
                              • Total Posts: 64

@feedingmygoldfish *Gasps* You sing opera?! Shame on you for keeping such a detail a secret from me! 😆

I seem to be one of the rare people who never sings, whistles, hums, talks to myself, or otherwise makes noise while I’m doing things. 😛 I need silence when I’m working so I can concentrate.

Anonymous
                                • Total Posts: 1486

*appears in a puff of smoke with the swirl of a black cape* I sing! *cough* when I have too. :D. I enjoy singing for personal enjoyment, but I don’t like singing for crowds (or even in front of my family and friends. I like rocking out alone, when I have the piano and the house to myself). I also like belting it out in the car (also when I’m alone. I blame it on my INFP-ism). I have zero training, though it would be nice to learn.

I also sing weird songs that most of the people around me don’t listen to (I also blame my INFP-ism for that one).

Snapper
                                @dragon-snapper

@clairec @feedingmygoldfish @kate-flournoy @all the singers
                                  Hi guys! So, I’m trying to teach myself to sing. Do you guys know where I should start?

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >