*shy wave* I'm the old new person who's finally saying hi

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE *shy wave* I'm the old new person who's finally saying hi

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 77

Greetings, fair people of Kingdom Pen *grins*
      So, I’ve been around about a year, but never really interacted much or anything… so I’m finally introducing myself.
      My name is Aysia, and if you ask “like the country?” you will be able to hear my eyes roll, from wherever in the world you are.
      I absolutely love reading (just ask anyone who’s talked to me for over two minutes) and my favorite authors (because, really, who can chose a favorite book?) are Francine Rivers, Orson Scott Card, C. S. Lewis, Laurie Halse Anderson, J. K. Rowling, J. R. R. Tolkein, Jennifer A. Neilson, –wait, was I only supposed to chose a few?
      I have been making up stories since I could talk, have been writing them down since seventh grade (three years, now), have written multiple short stories, have attempted NaNo once (I say attempted because I only made 27,000 words), and am currently working on a loosely-medieval-based fantasy novel.
      My other hobbies are… wait. I have no other hobbies. *shrugs* I like school? That might sound weird but I’m homeschooled and I think that explains it.
      Okay, I’ll try again. My other hobbies are drawing and hanging out with friends and laughing at my own jokes. A lot. (Better?)
      I love KP and the people behind it and their heart for Christ, and have found KP (particularly in the last month) to be very encouraging and helpful, and even though I don’t know you all by name I would like to thank you for that 🙂
      *holds plate of cookies* And I know I’m not exactly a new person, but still… *mysterious wink* whoever says it first wins… *scans horizon*

Louise Fowler
      @perfectfifths
        • Total Posts: 726

Welcome to the Bestistest place on the interwebz! 😀

Currently reading Les Miserables

Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

Ah! I’m second. Well, welcome to the bestistest place on the internet @aysia-serene.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Anonymous

@PerfectFifths congrats you win 😉 *hands over plate of cookies*

@Daeus
            close enough… *hands over slightly less cookies*

Snapper
            @dragon-snapper
              • Total Posts: 3515

@aysia-serene Wait!!!!! Did you say you like Jennifer A. Nielson??? YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! Which books?
              So, you sound a lot like me. Homeschooled. Laughing at your own jokes. I do too. Drawing. Awesome; I sketch. I’ve been writing to three years too!! And really, medieval based fantasy! Same! And I love cookies.
              In other words, we’re the same. 😛

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Kate Flournoy
              @kate-flournoy
                • Total Posts: 3976

Hello @Aysia-Serene! I’ve seen you hovering around the edges here— welcome aboard. 😀 So glad you finally decided to join us. 😉 I see a lot of fantasy in your author list— is that your favorite genre? It’s mine too, though it really depends on the quality of the story. 😉 Do you ever think you’ll branch out and try something new?

Welcome again!

Kate Flournoy
                @kate-flournoy
                  • Total Posts: 3976

Did you draw your avatar, by the way? I love it!

Ethryndal
                  @ethryndal
                    • Total Posts: 1013

@aysia-serene You like school? Yup, you’re definitely a homeschooler. I think it’s a common trait among us. That’s so funny about you’re hobbies; you sound just like me. People ask me what I like to do and I pipe up “Write!” And they ask what else and I go “Uh…” XD

Does anyone even know how the bestistest thing got started anyway?

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Christine Eaton
                    @christi-eaton
                      • Total Posts: 306

@aysia-serene I’m glad you came out of the shadows! Francine Rivers is also one of my absolute favorite authors! It sounds like we have the same tastes in books. I’m so glad you enjoy KP. One of the things that drives me to keep publishing on here is the encouragement and the community. I hope you won’t go back in the shadows because I love seeing so many active forum members. Seriously, you all need to get your friends on here. 🙂

Well, now I must go, unlike you, I don’t thoroughly enjoy homework, but college classes call!

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Anonymous

@dragon-snapper Lol we’re basically the same person xD
                        YESSS!!!! I love Jennifer A. Neilson xD Um, mostly the Ascendance Trilogy… (SAGE is one of my all-time favorite fictional chracters <3) but I am currently reading the Mark of the Thief (I LOVE those too, though I like Sage more than Nic). What about you?
                        Did you draw the dragon on your profile pic? I’ve been admiring it 😀 the art style looks kinda like… have you read the How To Train Your Dragon series?

@kate-flournoy
                        yeah, I suppose fantasy is my favorite, though I’ll read most anything 🙂 branching out? in writing or reading? I read a lot of historical fiction too, but could never write that :/ I didn’t draw my profile pic, I wish I could draw like that! I’ll probably change it to something I did draw to avoid confusion ;P

@ethryndal
                        Lol xD Idk how it got started but I love it ;D

@christi-eaton
                        Yay! I’m currently reading her Mark of the Lion series and love it so much <3 have you read that one?
                        Oh yeah, I’ll stick around. And I’ve been telling every writer friend I have about KP xD

Jess
                        @jess
                          • Total Posts: 575

Hiya. Nice to meet you! 🙂 I’m Jess, or at this moment, the person who always seems to be late to these things, no matter how long she’s on KP. 😛

My other hobbies are… wait. I have no other hobbies. *shrugs* I like school? That might sound weird but I’m homeschooled and I think that explains it.

I love that! I write, sketch, and do school in between. However, I’m pretty sure I like learning, not school. (There’s a difference) I’m homeschooled too! There seems to be a lot of homeschoolers on KP. 😀

So, here’s a hearty welcome to the bestistest place on the interweb! 🙂 *bows and disappears in flames*

@aysia-serene

Christine Eaton
                          @christi-eaton
                            • Total Posts: 306

@aysia-serene YESSS!!! The Mark of the Lion is an amazing book series. I’ve been wanting to write a review on it but because there are some very heavy subjects / slightly graphic scenes, (though I believe Rivers handled them very well) I’ve held off for some of the younger viewers. I’ve had more than one conversation with some people on this forum about that. But The Mark of the Lion is perhaps my favorite, (I haven’t decided if it’s that or the Fiddler’s Gun) What book are you on? That trilogy ripped my heart and soul out let me tell ya. 🙂 I still haven’t gotten over it.

@daeus
                            , Have you read these books yet? If not, you need to, like, right at this moment.

*scrambles to bookshelf and rereads certain parts.* My heart guys. If you can handle them, read them.
                            Also, Aysia, have you read any of River’s other books?

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Snapper
                            @dragon-snapper

@jess

disappears in flames

That’s a new one. Cool!

@aysia-serene

Oh yeah and yay! Ascendance Trilogy! Her books inspired most of my writing. Sage is definitely the best of the two, though I haven’t read hardly any of the Mark of the Thief books. Which of the three books is your favorite? Mine is probably The Runaway King, but the False Prince is close behind.
                              And yeah, I drew the dragon, even though I haven’t read the HTTYD books. Are they good? I have watched the movies a million times, as well as the shows in between. 😀

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Snapper.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Anonymous

@jess Hi! *waves* nice to meet you too. Ah, no worries, I’m always late to everything 😀 true, I guess I should have clarified that too :/ I love learning, not homework or exams 😀 ooh flames cool 😉 xD

@christi-eaton
                                hmm, yeah, I wouldn’t suggest it for most young people, or even most my age, but I agree she did a fantastic job! I love how she managed to address so many modern-day issues, too, from such a powerful Christian perspective. I think it’s also the only book that has made me cry, when I was reading that one powerful scene near the end of the second book. Oh goodness. My poor heart. I just finished that, and will start the third as soon as I can. I haven’t read any of her other books, which would you suggest?

@dragon-snapper
                                Oh, I love the Runaway King. It was just impossible to know what would happen next, and that one scene with Roden at the end? Pure gold. I think Shadow Throne is my next favorite. That’s the one that killed my heart. Erg. It’s still painful to think about…
                                The HTTYD books are great, if rather easy to read. But I love kid books so I’d suggest them. The humor is fantastic. They are (as expected) NOTHING like the movies, in fact, it’s probably one of the worst book-to-movie adaption ever, but since I love the movies too, I treat them as entirely different universes. DID YOU KNOW A THIRD MOVIE IS COMING OUT?! I just found out and I’m super excited. Even though it’s not due for a few more years. *sigh*

Snapper
                                @dragon-snapper

@aysia-serene Oh, Roden. That was one of the most suspenseful scenes ever! And a 3rd movie! I can’t wait until it comes out in forever amount of years. Ugh. Have you seen any of the episodes? (Race to the Edge)

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >