Salvete!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Salvete!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Elly
    @elly
      • Total Posts: 26

@aratrea
      That’s a lot of latin. O.O Very impressive. Did you do Henle or Veritas Press or something else?

yeah, I think Nicomachean Ethics was the one I read. Really? I didn’t know he wrote anything about storytelling. I should see if that’s at my library.

Kate Flournoy
      @kate-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 3976

*reads topic so far**is dizzy* I have never felt so uncultured in my life… XD
        *coughs* Regardless. Welcome to the Kingdom, @Elly!

Elly
        @elly

@kate-flournoy
          Sorry- never my intention. 😛
          My non-history/ ancient lit endeavours are much less impressive. I only know a lot about it because that’s my passion, I’m hoping to go into a history field later. 😛 Thanks for the welcome!

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 3976

@Elly that’s a great thing to be passionate about. 😉 I love history too. And logic and debate… though I love those because I love them, not because I’ve studied either in depth. 😛 Half the time I don’t even know the proper names of the things I’m passionate about. Just that they exist and I love them. 😀

Emma Flournoy
            @emma-flournoy
              • Total Posts: 1352

Hi @Elly! *crazy waving* I love philosophers. And your profile picture, as some have mentioned.
              Do you know your MBTI personality type? (Is it INFJ?)

Elly
              @elly

@emma-flournoy
                Hi! 😀 Thanks! Who’s your favorite philosopher?

Ummm I’m not even sure. I’ve had some tests give me INFP and some give me INFJ, so mostly I just say INFx. Haha. What’s yours?

Emma Flournoy
                @emma-flournoy

@Elly Ummm I’m not even sure. 😛 I know that I love philosophy, but I haven’t actually read big works of the philosophers. C.S. Lewis wasn’t half bad…nor Tolkien. @Daeus is good too. XD
                  But of the old Greek guys, I couldn’t say.

Kewel. You seem more like an INFJ in mine own humble opinion. But mixing is cool. I’ve had the test give me more than two different results, and have come to the conclusion I’m and ENFJ-ISFJ. I think that’s pretty accurate.

Daeus
                  @daeus
                    • Total Posts: 4238

@emma-flournoy 😛 Where’d that reputation come from?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Josiah DeGraaf
                    @aratrea
                      • Total Posts: 717

@Elly A lot of Veritas Press’ stuff actually. My homeschool education was basically 90% VP recommendations, so my mom rotated through a bunch of their different Latin recommendations before I eventually moved onto Wheelocks with their online academy, and that worked out really well for me.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Emma Flournoy
                      @emma-flournoy

@Daeus I read your book. Nuff said.
                        But, one can tell from some things you say on here (I waaatch people. *sly grin*), and the poems and articles you write. Seriously. It’s good stuff.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Emma Flournoy.
                        Elly
                        @elly

@emma-flournoy
                          C.S. Lewis is amazing!

Hehe thanks.
                          Ooh, cool- I don’t think I know any other ENFJS. I might know an ISFJ? Not sure.

Elizabeth
                          @that_writer_girl_99
                            • Total Posts: 1819

Did someone say INFP? *runs into the room with a huge grin*

Actually, the other day, I got INTP as my result, not the INFP I normally get… I have zero explanation for this.

Goodness. All this talk about Latin and philosophy is way over my head. I’m amazed that you all are interested in such things! I could never get into it, although I absolutely adore all things C.S Lewis. He’s fantastic. @Elly @aratrea @daeus

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Emma Flournoy
                            @emma-flournoy

@Elly 🙂
                              There are several ENFJs on here, who I’m sure you’ll meet eventually. 😀 Though I don’t think any ISFJs.

Northerner
                              @northerner
                                • Total Posts: 244

@Elly, MacDonald is good. Some of his novels can get a bit preachy, but The Princess and the Goblin, Princess and Curdie,Lilith, and Phantastes are all really good. Except I’d probably recommend those last two to older people, ’cause they’re hard to get.

Oh, and I did Veritas Press’s Latin books for a year or two.

Gracie
                                @graciegirl
                                  • Total Posts: 889

@elly Er, I used to be proficient at the colored pencils, but over the years I’ve let it slide. I just love painting too much to switch back! 😀 Although I have attempted watercolor pencils a couple times…well, twice…okay, one time. 😜

@Ethryndal
                                  I feel obligated to point out the phrasing in my previous comment: ” Although lately I’ve taken an interest in more impressionistic and abstract art. ” 😛

*is probably geeking out about something*

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >