Salutations, writers. I'm Xonos Darkgrate.

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Salutations, writers. I'm Xonos Darkgrate.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Joseph Darkgrate
    @xonos-darkgrate
      • Total Posts: 162

The thing about movie adaptions is that they always have to change it somehow or things start to go wrong. Mostly time constraints and controversial scenes… but it just gets really confusing and annoying when a movie and the book it’s based on are like two different things or franchises.

Life's a cruel joke, so you have to laugh at it sometimes.

Elizabeth
      @that_writer_girl_99
        • Total Posts: 1819

@epicaddie2 I’m fairly certain that if you had to, you could go your entire life without seeing/reading Twilight. Seriously. It isn’t worth it. But the Hunger Games books are good, and the movies keep to the book-plot pretty well. I’d recommend the Hunger Games for sure.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

EpicAddie2
        @epicaddie2
          • Total Posts: 794

@xonos-darkgrate
          Yeah. *cough* Percy Jackson movies *cough*

INFJ ~ 4w5
          aldarley.wordpress.com

EpicAddie2
          @epicaddie2

@that_writer_girl_99 Yeah, I’ve heard that Twilight isn’t very good. I don’t intend to ever see or read it. But I really want to read Hunger Games.

INFJ ~ 4w5
            aldarley.wordpress.com

Elizabeth
            @that_writer_girl_99

*chokes* Oh, dear. Not the Percy Jackson movies…my heart…ouch. Those movies represent the first time in my life in which I was disappointed by a movie adaption. I was broken. @epicaddie2

EpicAddie2
              @epicaddie2

@that_writer_girl_99
                I like to call them the Peter Johnson movies.

INFJ ~ 4w5
                aldarley.wordpress.com

Elizabeth
                @that_writer_girl_99

HA! Yes, that’s accurate.

Have you read the second series? The Lost Hero, Son of Neptune, Mark of Athena, House of Hades, and Blood of Olympus? That’s my favorite series. I love it very muchly.

Funny story: I was so excited when I got the House of Hades that when I took it out of the box, the first thing I did was go outside and spin in circles on my lawn because I was so excited. I can’t tell you why I did that. I was so excited I lost my dignity, I suppose. @epicaddie2

Joseph Darkgrate
                  @xonos-darkgrate

Sorry, I don’t read or watch Harry Potter. As a Christian, I consciously make a choice NOT to have anything to do with that franchise because it promotes witchcraft. I mean, the Bible clearly shows that the “dark arts” are evil and Harry Potter is really showing the opposite. They’re basically say that using “magic” is okay if you’re one of the good guys. Here’s the thing, if you’re one of “the good guys”, you shouldN’T be using magic in the first place. My family doesn’t watch or read that series, and I suspect we never will. And I’m okay with that.

I liked Catching Fire as well. (Though I got sick of it after reading it for the third time). My favorite character in that one was Johanna. Too bad she didn’t get much movie time as much as in the books. But I have to say that my overall favorite character is… President Snow!

I know, I know, I’m “evil” (that’s what my family keeps saying), but I have to admit. I’ve always held an admiration for the “Empire”. Whether it’s the Imperials, the Capitol, WCKD, etc. I appreciate the ORDER. I’d join the Imperials in a heartbeat if I was given the chance. DOWN WITH THE REBELS.

@that_writer_girl_99

Joseph Darkgrate
                    @xonos-darkgrate

As for Percy Jackson. I made the mistake of watching the movies first, so now I don’t really want to risk the books. I’m fine with that. I prefer adult thrillers to teen novels anyways.

Kate Flournoy
                      @kate-flournoy
                        • Total Posts: 3976

@xonos-darkgrate well, I’m late to the party… but… hi! 😀 Welcome to KP. No fear— your ‘ranking’ will go up the more you post. 😉 It’s basically just a gauge to keep track of how long someone’s been on the forum.

One other thing I will say about this lovely place is that we all love discussions, especially over controversial issues like… magic. 😉 So don’t be alarmed if one of us challenges you on something you said— it’s a normal occurrence, believe me. 😛

Once again, welcome! Hope to see you around.

Joseph Darkgrate
                        @xonos-darkgrate

Oh, I’m totally fine with arguing with people. It’s one of my favorite things to do.
                          BWUHAHAHAHA! On a more serious note, thanks! Hi to you too, @kate-flournoy

Kate Flournoy
                          @kate-flournoy
                            • Total Posts: 3976

@xonos-darkgrate same. XD

… you wouldn’t happen to know your MBTI type, would you?

Joseph Darkgrate
                            @xonos-darkgrate

MBTI? Do you mean personality? As in INTJ or something? @kate-flournoy

Joseph Darkgrate
                              @xonos-darkgrate

Oh wait, nvm, I checked. Yes, I do know.
                                I am both INTJ and INTP. Architect and Logician. I get either one each time I take the test.

@kate-flournoy

Christine Eaton
                                @christi-eaton
                                  • Total Posts: 306

@xonos-darkgrate Well, it looks like you’ve already been pretty properly introduced around this fair kingdom. But I figured I might as well stop and say hello and welcome. Glad to have you here. Seems like you’ve already been having some fun discussions. I’m glad to see it. 🙂

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 116 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >