Salutations, writers. I'm Xonos Darkgrate.

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ General Site Info ā€ŗ Start HERE ā€ŗ Salutations, writers. I'm Xonos Darkgrate.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Ingrid
    @ingridrd
      • Total Posts: 830

Whoopsy. @xonos-darkgrate

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Joseph Darkgrate
      @xonos-darkgrate
        • Total Posts: 162

@ingridrd, I have A LOT of WIPsā€¦ So many that I havenā€™t been able to work on them a lot. Since I do a continuous story for my friends on Aetherlight. Itā€™s called Aetherlight: Origins.

I have other ones that are not really Christian themed.
        But I recently had the idea to work on a story about John Huss and other martyrs.
        Iā€™ve always been interested in how things happened or how the may have happened. So I was thinking about making a story of John Hussā€™s struggles and such. Maybe other guys like William Tyndale.

Life's a cruel joke, so you have to laugh at it sometimes.

EpicAddie2
        @epicaddie2
          • Total Posts: 794

@xonos-darkgrate Did I hear Maze Runner??
          I just finished reading TMR last week and Iā€™m in the middle of Scorch Trials.
          Whoā€™s your favorite character? Mineā€™s Newt.
          Have you seen the movies? Iā€™ve seen the first movie, and Iā€™m gonna watch Scorch Trials once I finish the book.

INFJ ~ 4w5
          aldarley.wordpress.com

Elizabeth
          @that_writer_girl_99
            • Total Posts: 1819

@epicaddie2 Iā€™m glad I saw this. Do yourself a favor and donā€™t watch Scorch Trials. The movie is nothing like the book. And the cursing in it was pretty awful. *gets on her knees* Save yourself the painā€¦

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

EpicAddie2
            @epicaddie2

@that_writer_girl_99 Yeah, I figured since the first movie was nothing like the first book, Scorch Trials would be too.
              Unfortunately, my friend who got me into the series is probably going to force me to watch it with her. Sheā€™s really really really enthusiastic about the movies. I actually think she likes the movies better than the booksā€¦ *shivers*
              Actually, I kinda want to watch it just to see the difference. Although itā€™d be nice if there wasnā€™t swearing.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by EpicAddie2.

INFJ ~ 4w5
              aldarley.wordpress.com

Joseph Darkgrate
              @xonos-darkgrate

Yeah, so I read ALL the TMR books. Including the prequel. (shakes head) the movies are nothing like the books. And while I was okay with the first movie, because it was still cool even if it was different, the second was justā€¦ yeah. It was way off and turned out to be terrible. I wouldnā€™t recommend it, but if youā€™re planning on seeing the third TMR movie next year, you might have to so youā€™ll understand.

Also, I donā€™t want to give you any spoilers, but *cough* *cough*ā€¦ my favorite character is Newt as well, butā€¦ butā€¦ nvm. Just finish the series and get mad at the author laterā€¦ O_O

@epicaddie2

On a side note:
                Since I donā€™t copy them anyways, Iā€™m okay with people cursing in movies unless itā€™s overly frequent and truly vulgar. Which is why I donā€™t rewatch movies like Scorch Trials.

EpicAddie2
                @epicaddie2

@xonos-darkgrate I already know what happens to Newt in the third book. *eternal sadness and tears* I also know how it happens.
                  My friend is really bad at keeping secrets. I pretty much know everything that happens because she keeps spoiling it šŸ˜ I also know about Winston and Teresa. Teresa annoys me, though, so I actually donā€™t mind.

INFJ ~ 4w5
                  aldarley.wordpress.com

Joseph Darkgrate
                  @xonos-darkgrate

In that case, yeahā€¦ reminds me of that shirt on sale hereā€¦
                    Anyways, Teresa is justā€¦ I donā€™t really like her character.
                    And personally, itā€™s really anyone to me in books when the main character has TWO love interests and canā€™t decide and thereā€™s A LOT of unnecessary dramaā€¦ and moviesā€¦

Twilight,
                    Hunger Games,
                    The Maze Runner,
                    and I could really go ON AND ONā€¦

But I DO appreciate, however, all those twists the author put into TMR. Those were pretty fun.. and sadā€¦ so enjoyable? I donā€™t know, is it bad that Iā€™m happy certain characters died?

Elizabeth
                    @that_writer_girl_99

Oh dear. Twilight. *snorts* Rest in peace, you woefully neglected characters, full of life and wonderful potentialā€¦

I actually didnā€™t think the Hunger Games books were too terrible. They were each fun and exciting reads, justā€¦stereotypically easy plot wise.

@xonos-darkgrate
                      Ahem. I just realized I havenā€™t actually said hello, yetā€¦hi, and welcome to KP! If you have any other questions about the forum you can tag me, tooā€“Iā€™ll either know the answer or be able to refer you to someone who does. Iā€™m around the forum a lot, so Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll see you ā€™round. šŸ˜‰

EpicAddie2
                      @epicaddie2

@xonos-darkgrate Wellā€¦ it may be a bit concerning that certain characters died, but itā€™s understandable for some.
                        Iā€™m actually kind of glad that Chuck died. Itā€™s better because he doesnā€™t have to go through all the other trials. You know what I mean?

INFJ ~ 4w5
                        aldarley.wordpress.com

Elizabeth
                        @that_writer_girl_99

I was a huge fan of TMR until I saw the movies. After thatā€¦well, I was scarred. But it was good while it lasted?

Joseph Darkgrate
                          @xonos-darkgrate

Yeahā€¦ it was weird how they changed something about Chuck in the movies that wasnā€™t in the book. (Iā€™ll let you find out for yourself), but it just made his death a lot more sad to meā€¦

Also, I never watched Twilight, but I heard that itā€™s pretty terrible at times and also Iā€™m not interested in that type of stuff soā€¦ Iā€™m never watching it. Or reading it for that matter.

@epicaddie2

I actually liked Hunger Games too! Not the whole Katniss, Peeta, Gale thingā€¦ but overall I like the movies AND the books. Not much was changed and the story was (admittedly a bit obvious) but fresh in the sense that Iā€™ve never seen it done that way before. The only thing is that somebody thought itā€™d be a good idea splitting Mockingjay into TWO partsā€¦ they made me wait so long!

Anyways, I was actually fine with everyone dying untilā€¦ *cough* Finnickā€¦ HE HAD A UNBORN SONā€¦ WHY?!
                            So yeah, I reread Mockingjay from time to time as MY tribute to fallen.. well.. tributes.
                            Also, I would have preferred it if Gale died. The fact that heā€™s alive and out there somewhere is disconcerting to me for some reason.

@that_writer_girl_99

EpicAddie2
                            @epicaddie2

@that_writer_girl_99 Yeah. The books are definitely way better. And in the TMR movie (this is one of the things about the movies that bothers me most) Newt doesnā€™t call Thomas ā€œTommy,ā€ or say ā€œbloody.ā€ I really wish theyā€™d done that.

INFJ ~ 4w5
                              aldarley.wordpress.com

EpicAddie2
                              @epicaddie2

@xonos-darkgrate Iā€™ve actually never read or seen Hunger Games. I really want to though. I havenā€™t read or seen Twilight either.

INFJ ~ 4w5
                                aldarley.wordpress.com

Elizabeth
                                @that_writer_girl_99

I read all of the Twilight books. Only the second and fourth ones were really worth reading, though, and even they made me cringe. That being said, I have no interest in seeing the movies. Iā€™d rather spend my time writing. *grins*

Yeah! The Hunger Games were actually pretty good. I think Catching Fire was my favorite book overall, just because it was soā€¦unpredictable, in a way. I didnā€™t know where the plot was going to go.

I agree with there being a lot of loose-ended details in the series, though. The epilogue of Mockingjay confused me, but that might just be meā€¦

Do you like Harry Potter? If soā€¦do you know which house youā€™re in? @xonos-darkgrate

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 116 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >