Salutations, writers. I'm Xonos Darkgrate.

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Salutations, writers. I'm Xonos Darkgrate.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Joseph Darkgrate
    @xonos-darkgrate
      • Total Posts: 162

Hey guys, I’m Xonos Darkgrate from Aetherlight. (yeah… I’m not about to give away my real name here…) Anyways, I love reading and consequently, WRITING! I have many book ideas and this place seemed like a nice place to be to get some advice over my Christianity themed ones.

So.. I need a little help. I’m not sure AT ALL what this website is FOR exactly, I originally thought it’d be like Wattpad, but Christian themed. I don’t really know how to get around either. Does anyone mind telling me what to do with my book ideas and this website in general? Thanks!

Hey everyone!

Xonos Darkgrate

Life's a cruel joke, so you have to laugh at it sometimes.

Joseph Darkgrate
      @xonos-darkgrate

I’m a bumbling henchmen now…? That needs to change…
        I like how you guys labeled the trust levels though.

Joseph Darkgrate
        @xonos-darkgrate

Also, is there some type of mini-bio I’m supposed to write? I’d like to, but I’m not sure where I need to write it. I have so many ideas, but I have NO idea, however, how to use this site.

Rolena Hatfield
          @rolena-hatfield
            • Total Posts: 405

@xonos-darkgrate Hey there! And welcome to Kingdom Pen!
            What to do with our site?

Well if you’re looking for great writing tips, encouragement and advice, look through our articles. There’s plenty of topics to choose from.
            Also, the forum is the best place to ask other writers questions. (and stalk others convos. :p You learn lots from reading in!)
            If you go to the main forum page, you can search for topics you might have questions on. Such as publishing, novel inspiration etc. Or type in a subject in the search box.

You’re welcome on this thread that you started to share more about yourself.

Such as, what genre do you write?

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Josiah DeGraaf
            @aratrea
              • Total Posts: 717

Hey @xonos-darkgate! Glad to have you here with us. 🙂 In addition to what @rolena-hatfield said, I’d also point you to our ‘Start Here’ page, which explains what exactly we’re doing here: https://kingdompen.org/start-here/ Feel free to direct any questions you have toward myself or any other staff member though. 🙂

Who are some of your favorite authors?

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

NC Stokes
              @daughteroftheking
                • Total Posts: 1156

@xonos-darkgrate Greetings! Welcome to the weird world of Kingdom Pen! Since my fellow Kapeefers have told you what you need to know about the site, I take it upon myself to get you up to speed with our weird inside jokes. 😉 We call ourselves “Kapeefers” which stands for Kingdom Pen Fans. (inspired by the “how to write the worst allegory ever” video.) @Daeus is the king, and @aratrea is the Wiser (and has a pet frog who sits on his head). @dragon-snapper wrote the epic “Legends of King Daeus,” which is where we got that. There. Now you can get our crazy jokes right along with the rest of us crazy people. 😛 So, what are some of your favorite books?
                (@aislin-mollisong I didn’t pounce on him. That’s something, right? 😉 )

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

NC Stokes
                @daughteroftheking
                  • Total Posts: 1156

Oops. I meant @aislinn-mollisong.

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Daeus
                  @daeus
                    • Total Posts: 4238

@xonos-darkgrate Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet. 🙂

This is not at all like Wattpad, but if you have any questions about your story, there’s a lot of people on here who would like to help you.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Joseph Darkgrate
                    @xonos-darkgrate

Hey, guys. Thanks for the friendly greetings!
                      As for the genre that I write, I find myself to be a bit versatile in that aspect, but for some reason all my stories seem to cling to darker or more depressing themes. I NEVER write romance, but many of my stories are sci-fi themed. With the one or two, sci-fi horror. I don’t write really gruesome stuff, as I can’t even handle that myself, but I do enjoy having an alien eat a person every now and then. (TOO MANY MOVIES AND Michael Crichton books)

As for my favorite authors, I just got started in Agatha Christie books (THE QUEEN OF MYSTERY), I read almost all of the Michael Crichton books, I’ve read a few Jack Reacher books by Lee Child, and of course Hunger Games, Maze Runner, HTTYD, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Narnia, LotR, Hobbit, Redwall, and the occasional comic or two. I am planning to read some classic horrors like Dracula or Frankenstein soon though. (because I just watched Universal’s newest flop, The Mummy)

Anyways, thanks for being so welcoming, I’m sure I’ll get used to this place in time.
                      I have a quick question, I saw that some people posted their stories or poems, is there some way I can do that too? Again, thanks!

Xonos Darkgrate

Joseph Darkgrate
                      @xonos-darkgrate

Oh, I forgot to say, I also write poems. They’re mostly Christianity themed. Here’s one of them. I hope you like it!

AMERICA

America, The land of the free,
                        America, Truly a sight to see,
                        America, The great melting pot,
                        America, Patriotism burns hot,
                        America, Place for those of ingenuity,
                        America, Founded on Christianity,
                        America, With Amendments and Bills,
                        America, Which to save; both Christ’s and brave soldier’s blood was spilled.

Hannah
                        @salome01w4g
                          • Total Posts: 991

@xonos-darkgrate welcome aboard!
                          Oh the rank system…. 🙂 that’s brand-new (like within the past week or two) but it’s based on how many posts you have on the forum, so once you find your way around you rise to something other than a Bumbling Henchman. 🙂
                          Again welcome!! (Also to prevent you confusion and frustration to let someone know that you were replying to them you use a tag {which super-duper handy can be found just above their rank} See ya around!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Hannah.

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

Hannah
                          @salome01w4g
                            • Total Posts: 991

@xonos-darkgrate I also forgot, Very nice poem as well! 😀

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

Josiah DeGraaf
                            @aratrea
                              • Total Posts: 717

@xonos-darkgrate Neat! Frankenstein is in my top ten favorite books, so I’d definitely recommend you check it out (still getting around to Dracula myself).

You can definitely submit your work so that we consider it for publication! Check out our submission guidelines for information on how to do so: https://kingdompen.org/submissions/

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Joseph Darkgrate
                              @xonos-darkgrate

I can submit at any time right? How long does it usually take for a work to be published if it’s approved? @aratrea
                                Or maybe I should just read that link and find out, ha..

Ingrid
                                @ingridrd
                                  • Total Posts: 830

@xonos-darkgate
                                  Hello and welcome to the bestistiestistist place on the internet! Do you have a WIP (Work In Progress)? If so what’s it about? (Nice poem, by the way.)

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 116 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >