Rogue One

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ Fiction Writing ā€ŗ General Writing Discussions ā€ŗ Rogue One

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    Gracie
    @graciegirl
      • Total Posts: 889

@ethryndal You have perfectly summed up my feelings for Darth Vader. I think itā€™s that part of him that is the true super villain everyone loves. Once you knew about Ani, thoughā€¦.*grimace* That scene at the end RO was truly terrifying.
      ā€˜The Art of Not Being Deadā€™ XD Thatā€™s so true.
      It doesnā€™t sound as if you have a very high opinion of Luke, eh? ;p

@Kate-Flournoy @PrincessFoo It should totally be in the Evil Minion Handbook. Hmmā€¦A Guide to Serving Your Master Well Without Getting Killed.ā€™..? XD

And I was absolutely rooting for Krennic in his scene with Darth Vader too. The whole thing might have sent a chill down my spine if Ani hadnā€™t made a PUN!!! I had a difficult time taking that scene seriously after that happened. Evil masterminds arenā€™t supposed to be punny. Thatā€™s not ā€˜part of the job descriptionā€™. šŸ˜‰
      I went into the theatre with the mindset that everyone was going to die. I just knew it had to happen bc A New Hope came next and Iā€™d never heard about anyone from RO. But by the time we hit the climax on Scariff I had nearly forgotten all about that and was hoping against hope that at least SOMEONE would make it out alive. *tries not to cry*

@Emma-Flournoy
      Yeah, there are some villains you just canā€™t hate. A few have even made me think: ā€˜Wait, why am I rooting for the hero again?ā€™
      And I agree 100% with you about Frank, my friend. ANNOYING.

*is probably geeking out about something*

Ethryndal
      @ethryndal
        • Total Posts: 1013

@graciegirl That horrible moment when you realize your worst fear is going to come true, and you start desperately trying to mentally change end of the movie. šŸ™

Lukeā€¦eh. You picked up on that, huh? Very astute of you. Itā€™s not like I hate himā€¦exactlyā€¦I just think there are better characters than him. Like Han Solo. Or Obi-Wan Kenobi. Or Cassian Andor.

I APOLOGIZE TO ANY LUKE SKYWALKER FANS.

šŸ˜€

INTJ āžøYour friendly neighborhood mastermind. āžøhttps://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Gracie
        @graciegirl
          • Total Posts: 889

@ethryndal Exactly!!! Why did I have to be right about the ending?!?!? šŸ˜«šŸ˜«

I wholeheartedly agree about Luke. Han and Obi-Wan are loads better. And Cassian too.

*is probably geeking out about something*

Emma Flournoy
          @emma-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 1352

@Ethryndal @GracieGirl Count me in about Luke. Your apology goes to my sister Elizabeth though @Ethryndal. šŸ˜›

Ethryndal
            @ethryndal

@Emma-Flournoy Iā€™M SORRY ELIZABETH.

INTJ āžøYour friendly neighborhood mastermind. āžøhttps://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Emma Flournoy
              @emma-flournoy

@Ethryndal Sheā€™d forgive you. Therefore, you are forgiven.

Elizabeth
                @that_writer_girl_99
                  • Total Posts: 1819

@ethryndal As a Luke Skywalker fan, your comment makes me curious. Iā€™ve always thought Luke was a well-developed character. What donā€™t you like about him?

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Emma Flournoy
                  @emma-flournoy

@That_Writer_Girl_99 Heeey must be something about people named Elizabeth. šŸ˜› Welcome to KP, the bestistest place on the Internet, Elizabeth; donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen you yet. *wrings your hand crazily*

Heā€™s badly acted and too whiny, for my part. Even the whining wouldnā€™t be too annoying if he was well acted though. Itā€™d still be whiny, but well-played whininess is funny. šŸ˜›

Elizabeth
                    @that_writer_girl_99

Thanks, Emma! Yep, Iā€™m new! I just joined onā€¦Monday, I believe.

I totally see your point. I guess Iā€™ve loved Star Wars for so long that I can overlook poor actingā€“Luke is my favorite character.

Emma Flournoy
                      @emma-flournoy

@That_Writer_Girl_99 Yay for you! You should hop over to Start Here and tell us a little bit about yourself. šŸ˜€

Luke is my oldest sisterā€™s favorite character too. šŸ˜‰

Ethryndal
                        @ethryndal

@that_writer_girl_99 Yeah, I second what @Emma-Flournoy says about Luke. He calmed down some of his whininess in the second two, but he was just neverā€¦wow for me. But I know what you mean about being able to overlook poor acting after a while. I hardly notice it in Anakin anymore because that just seems to be who he is. (Mind you, Iā€™m referring to the older Ani, not the younger. I will never get used to the younger. šŸ˜› )

Elizabeth
                          @that_writer_girl_99

@ethryndal
                            Strangely enough, Iā€™ve never considered Luke to be whiny at all, not until you mentioned itā€¦

The original trilogy will always be my favorite. I canā€™t say that I fell in love with the newer movies and characters like I did the first. That being said, the seventh movie was really well done, and in my opinion, can be ranked right up there with the original movies.

Hannah R.
                            @his-instrument
                              • Total Posts: 229

Okay, so Iā€™m only, like, whatā€“ five months late? How did I miss this thread?
                              I liked Rogue One. A lot. One of my friends spoiled it for me though by telling me ā€œEverybody diesā€ before I watched it (this is the same friend who told me that you-know-who kicks the bucket in Episode VIIā€“ both spoilers by complete accident). It helped me emotionally prepare for the concept of everybody dying, although I didnā€™t expect everyone to die. I thought that was just hyperbole.
                              Favorite character (other than K-2SO): probably Bodhi, and I donā€™t know why. I didnā€™t even know his name until the second time I watched the movie. In fact, I didnā€™t know any of their names (except Jyn and Cassian) until the second time through. And I still wouldnā€™t know their names if my sister wasnā€™t the kind of person who memorizes those things and watches movies like that three or four times in a month or two. I think I liked Bodhi because he was kind of an unsung hero, and I appreciated his character change from Imperial Pilot to Iā€™ll-do-anything-for-the-Rebellion.
                              Has anybody seen the How It Should Have Ended? I confess, Iā€™ve never watched one of those before, but this one was hilarious because it shows how all of the characters could have avoided dying. Check it out. @ethryndal @That_Writer_Girl_99 @emma-flournoy @kate-flournoy @gracie-girl
                              I really liked these characters, though, and I wanted more of them, so I was kind of miffed that they killed everybody. Of course, it couldnā€™t have been any other way, because they were the type that would have appeared in Episodes IV, V, and VI. But stillā€¦
                              P.S. Ethryndal, I might have mentioned this before, but I am always thrilled to meet other Elves on the web. Iā€™m from Rivendell. Where are you from? (Thereā€™s a formula, according to the LOTR moviemakers. Dark-haired Elves are from Rivendell, like Arwen, Elrond, etc., and light-haired elves are from Lothlorien, like Galadriel.)

YA Fantasy Writer
                              Obsessive Character Namer
                              Find me at hisinstrumentblog.wordpress.com

Hannah R.
                              @his-instrument
                                • Total Posts: 229

@daeus Have you seen Rogue One yet? Itā€™s even at the library now, so you have no excuse. Unless youā€™re busy, because thatā€™s always a pretty good excuse. But seriously, find time.
                                I didnā€™t tag you in my last post because I talked about those characters who are now unfortunately deceased, and if you havenā€™t seen it, you donā€™t want to know which characters are now deceased.

YA Fantasy Writer
                                Obsessive Character Namer
                                Find me at hisinstrumentblog.wordpress.com

Kate Flournoy
                                @kate-flournoy
                                  • Total Posts: 3976

@His-Instrument well @Ethryndal and I discovered recently that Iā€™m Luthien Tinuviel and I have dark hair but Iā€™m not from Rivendell. šŸ˜€ The Girdle of Mellian, I thinkā€¦ šŸ˜‰

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >