Rogue One

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    Ethryndal
    @ethryndal
      • Total Posts: 1013

@Emma-Flournoy
      “There were a lot of explosions for two people blending in.”

“I’m not very optimistic about our odds.”

“I am taking them…to imprison them…in prison…”

“Do you want to know the odds of her using that blaster on you? It’s high. It’s very high.”

“Did you know that wasn’t me?!?”

I’m done now. 😀
      I’m shocked. A dictionary with pictures. How did you guess? XD They have a LOT of pictures though, which is fun, and little interesting things to read about different characters and places that you don’t learn in the movie. Here’s a link; they let you look inside the book. Rogue One Visual Dictionary *lowers voice for confession* I actually didn’t read the whole thing, just the interesting bits. I did study the pictures to death though… 😀

Chirrut is the blind dude and Saw Gerrera is that creepy guy with the mechanic legs and who kept putting his oxygen mask on at all the wrong times. “Jyn! I’m sorry I dumped you on that forsaken planet when you were only sixteen. But you see–” *proceeds to jam on oxygen mask* Him.

I think most villains are insecure. Look at Anakin.

@GracieGirl
      Whoa, yeah, I can see why you wouldn’t want to go to the theater most times. 😮 Yeah, I thought it was really neat that they had normal people save the galaxy this time. It seemed a little more personal. And I loved how they portrayed the Force as something everyone can rely on, not just something reserved for Jedi.

*thinks hard* Shall I say it? *thinks harder* I’ll say it.

“I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me.”

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Gracie
      @graciegirl
        • Total Posts: 889

@ethryndal Oh, yeah. 😑 That was probably the only thing about Chirrut that kinda drove me up the wall. My little cousin kept saying it over and over and over and over again for the rest of the week. XD His buddy was also very amusing. I don’t know his name, but I always call him the machine-gun-guy. Hold on I’ll ask my brother. He knows literally everything Star Wars and he is constantly poring over those visual dictionaries…… The prompt answer was Baze Malbus. At least that sounds like what he said, I don’t know if I got the spelling right. Anyway, Baze was pretty funny. I like it when Chirrut talks about how the Force saved him and Baze is like: ‘I saved you!’

*is probably geeking out about something*

Gracie
        @graciegirl

@emma-Flournoy Yeah, if Jyn or Cassian had actually gotten to talk with Krennic it would of been pretty cool. I have to admit that, as awesome as he was throughout most of the movie, Krennic was getting annoying by the end. Just get out of our way already! ‘Kay, I’m cool now. I will not rant.
          I loved it at the beginning when Galen’s wife ran up and Krennic said, ‘Oh, look! It’s Leera, back from the dead!’ He was so funny about it, but I know it was a horrible sort of scene.

Emma Flournoy
          @emma-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 1352

@Ethryndal Aaaah! I’d forgotten several of those. Help! K2K2K2K2K2

That does look interesting. *lowers voice* I’ll share the admission, I do that too. With things I’m not required to read at least. 😛

Ugh yes! No, Saw…is low on my list.

Meh, can’t look at Anakin. Haven’t seen the prequels. I can imagine it though.

@GracieGirl
            Uh-huh, yes. What you just said.

Ethryndal
            @ethryndal

@Emma-Flournoy W-w-wait… *shaky breath* You haven’t seen the prequels? Okay, I admit, they were pretty dumb sometimes, but Obi-Wan literally made up for every cheesy line and poorly acted scene EVER.

@GracieGirl
              I just realized something! The tag for your first post actually showed up in my notifications! *high five* Victory! But then your next tag didn’t show up, so that kind of cancels everything else out. :/ Merp.

Yeah, I think Chirrute ought to have calmed down some. Or at least said that specific line a little slower, instead of belting it out like, “IamonewiththeForcetheForceiswithmeIamonewiththeForcetheForceiswithme.” And you spelled it right. Baze Malbus. Yup. I thought he was funny, but I think they could have developed him a bit more. I mean, the majority of people didn’t even catch his name.

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Gracie
              @graciegirl

@Emma-flournoy You haven’t seen the prequels?!?!?! 😮 *shrugs* Cool. 😉 I often wonder what my opinion of Star Wars would be if I hadn’t seen them. They have their good moments, but since I got into story structure and character development I’ve realized that they’re not terrific. Compared to RO they look like child’s play. Anakin is SUPER annoying. And Padme is just as bad.

@Ethryndal
                I definitely agree that the best came from Obi-Wan.
                At least one of my tags got through! 🙂 Baze could probably have had more development, but the writers of RO had a lot on their plate. His death was touching still bc of his friendship with Chirrut, and I guess that’s about all we can ask for.
                I did notice when I first saw it that I had a lot of trouble getting any of the names to stick. I seriously felt bad for anyone who didn’t know who Saw was going in when they kept mentioning him in earlier scenes. I don’t know if that’s necessarily the movie people’s fault though. I have this weird thing where I cannot remember a name for the life of me if I haven’t seen it written out, so it may be just that.
                May I just add that I thought Cassian was a goner when he fell from the file-pillar-thingy. Probably the closest I came to crying because I was so upset thinking that he had actually died and I was so mad because that was no where near a proper send-off.

Widdrim
                @widdrim
                  • Total Posts: 16

@ethryndal Vader, why are you like this? I mean I know why, and you came by your Extraness honestly, but WHY? How does the Empire function, honestly? It’s like a toned-down version of that Mirror-Verse ST:TOS episode.

Galen was a great character, and he’s so different from anyone we’ve really seen in Star Wars before, so I appreciated that. Rogue One is just so different from anything else in the film franchise, but I’d argue that it tonally matches Clone Wars (which is near and dear to my heart). I just have a lot of feelings, friends.

*Skywalker Twins Defense Squad pulls up and rolls down window*

Emma Flournoy
                  @emma-flournoy

@Ethryndal @GracieGirl Nope, haven’t. *shrug* I’ve heard from reliable sources they’re too stupid and badly acted to waste time on. 😛 But really, Obi-Wan was that good? Hm. Basically all I know about him, aside from having watched some fight scene clip from YouTube with him in it, is that he’s played by the same guy who played Frank Churchill in the Gwenyth Paltrow movie of Emma. And I can’t stand him. 😛 (Frank Churchill, that is. I’m sure if he’s a good actor he could play someone I’d love. Apparently he is.)

Ethryndal
                    @ethryndal

@Emma-Flournoy Oh yes, good old annoying Frank Churchill. I saw Emma before I saw the prequels as well, and going into them, I was like, “Ew, Frank. Just, no.” But now I actually–wait, before I say this, please don’t think I’m crazy. *ahem* Okay, now that I’ve seen the prequels with Obi-Wan, I actually don’t hate his version of Frank anymore, because I like Obi-Wan so much. *hides face in shame* You decided whether I need to be kicked out of Jane Austen fan-club or not. 😉
                      Of course, your reliable sources really are right. We don’t even bother with the first prequel anymore, and have a wonderful time slamming the other two. But Obi-Wan… *melts into insane grinning* And I did bawl my head off over the last one, despite being…*cough cough* INTJ… Because it was just really emotionally wrenching.

@GracieGirl
                      The first half hour seemed pretty choppy, if you ask me, what with all the random character and plot introductions. But I guess we can hardly blame the filmmakers, considering they had to fit so much into a two hour time frame.

Well good for you, thinking Cassian was dead. *frustrated scowl* I had it spoiled by my dumb brain. For some reason, I totally knew he wasn’t dead. My entire family thought he was, and therefore got the fun little rush of emotion when he came back and saved Jyn at the end, but meanwhile, I’m in the background half-heartedly saying, “Told ya so.” It was rather deflating. But the thing is, it seems like characters are never actually dead unless you see them get their head chopped off (mind you, I’ve never actually watched someone get their head chopped off, because, just…yuck), and sometimes not even then. Someone needs to write a book called The Art of Not Being Dead.

Emma Flournoy
                      @emma-flournoy

@Ethryndal Oh stop, you’re making me wish I could see it just for that. I guess you don’t need to be kicked out of the Jane Austen fan-club then. 😛 But Frank still drives me nuts.

PrincessFoo
                        @princessfoo
                          • Total Posts: 194

K2 is by far my favorite character.

Was there a moment when you realized that everyone was going to die? Mine was when Chirrut died, but I kept going back and forth over whether Jyn and Cassian were going to die too.

I am pretty sure I am walking into a minefield here, but I never got the whole, Darth-Vader-is-the-best-villain-ever thing. Maybe it is because I have only seen the two recent Star Wars movies recently, but I don’t understand why a bunch of people think the best scenes in Rogue One are the ones with Darth Vader, because Darth Vader is in them. Maybe someone can explain it to me?

Ethryndal
                          @ethryndal

@Emma-Flournoy Duly stopped.

@Princessfoo
                            The moment I realized everyone was going to die was when I saw the first trailer. But that is just me. 😉

To be quite honest, I’m with you on the Darth Vader thing. I think there are WAY more interesting villains than him. (I apologize to any Darth fans.) He was hailed as the most evil person in the galaxy, but…why? What did he do that was that evil? I mean, he froze Han Solo in carbonite, but really, any minor minion could do that. He Force-choked people, but it’s not exactly like he was gonna Force-choke the entire galaxy, one neck at a time. And to seal the deal, he got beaten in a lightsaber duel by Luke Skywalker, of all people, who even I could probably beat. That’s not a very impressive track record.

But in RO, we finally get to see a little bit of the supervillain behind the black plastic mask. When Krennic was waiting for him in his palace on Mustafar, (That’s the lava planet, Emma. Fun fact from the prequels. 😛 ) and the door slowly slides open, casting Vader’s huge, ominous shadow across the room, it was the first time he’d ever given me a shiver of fear. When he was hacking his way through those guys at the end, smashing them into walls and ceilings without a second thought, cutting them down with that iconic red lightsaber, I saw the sheer terror on their faces; that was when Darth Vader became a true villain for me, and not just someone I believed was evil because someone else told me so.

That’s my view on it, at least. Feel free to contradict me. 😀

PrincessFoo
                            @princessfoo
                              • Total Posts: 194

@Ethryndal I didn’t experience it in that way, but that does make sense.
                              But there was that scene when Krennic was delivering some bad news to Darth Vader, and didn’t die, or even get demoted, and he said something like, “Wait, I am still in charge of the Death Star?” Then Vader started choking him. In that scene, I was almost rooting for Krennic.
                              But seriously, he should know that when you are delivering bad news to your evil master, tell him, and then get out of the room as fast as you can.

Kate Flournoy
                              @kate-flournoy
                                • Total Posts: 3976

But seriously, he should know that when you are delivering bad news to your evil master, tell him, and then get out of the room as fast as you can.

@PrincessFoo
                                that should be the number one rule for all aspiring minions. XD

Emma Flournoy
                                @emma-flournoy

@PrincessFoo

Then Vader started choking him. In that scene, I was almost rooting for Krennic.

Me too! But even if there’s a good villain, you can still root against him. I know plenty of villains who I think are totally awesome villains, but I still root against them. (Sometimes. Lots of the time.)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 109 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >