Rogue One

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    Kate Flournoy
    @kate-flournoy
      • Total Posts: 3976

*silently hands out chocolate because there’s nothing else to be done*

@Dragon-Snapper

Wasn’t it marvelously put together on every conceivable level though?

Ethryndal
      @ethryndal
        • Total Posts: 1013

@Dragon-Snapper And it was a very beautiful way to…go…I guess…

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 1486

@dragon-snapper *pats sympathetically on back* *hands tissues*

Snapper
          @dragon-snapper
            • Total Posts: 3515

@kate-flournoy *takes chocolate* *hides in dragon den and never comes out* It was good, but…I…*looks around and prepares to fly off in a hurry* I liked Force Awakens better…

@ethryndal
            It’s against the rules to make the MCs die!!! *runs around in circles* Don’t they know that? I wished that at least Cassian had lived.
            @winter-rose *takes tissue* 🤧
            However, Krennic was a very good bad guy. By that I mean he was well done. Interesting how they had him wearing white.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Ethryndal
            @ethryndal

@Dragon-Snapper But not only did all the MCs die. EVERYONE died. Period. *bashes head through the wall* Why, K-2SO, WHYYYYY?

Heh, yeah, Krennic was pretty good. Or bad, I suppose. 🙂 I thought the white was kind of cool because everyone always has the villain wear black. *shoves Saruman in a closet so you can’t use him as an example to prove me wrong*

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Widdrim
              @widdrim
                • Total Posts: 16

Rogue One was amazing. I can’t wait until it comes out on DVD so I can suffer in High Definition from the comfort of my own home.

@dragon-snapper
                @ethryndal Kennric was such a good (bad??) villain. All the in-fighting with Tarkin and Imperial hierarchy was everything I didn’t know I wanted. Also can we talk about how terrifying my boy Vader was in that last scene? I’ve never been more scared of him in my life.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Widdrim.
                R. J. Wordsmith
                @r-j-wordsmith
                  • Total Posts: 113

Hello, I’ve seen it. To be honest, at the end I was torn between utter devastation at all the character deaths, or glee at how perfectly they were executed.

Ethryndal
                  @ethryndal

@r-j-wordsmith They really were such beautiful deaths. Besides maybe Bodhi getting blown up in his ship… But Jyn and Cassian’s… *wrings hands and weeps* I’m glad it didn’t show them lying on the ground dead or something, because that would have been morbid. But being enveloped in light is tragically awesome.

@widdrim
                    VADER. HE GREW UP. I don’t know if I’m really happy about this, or kind of sad, but really, he’s a supervillain. Now we know why.

Okay. Now can we just appreciate the sacrifice of Galen Erso? I mean, dying for a good cause and knowing that you will live on as a hero in peoples’ memories is one thing. But sacrificing your reputation and then having to live on with everyone thinking you’re mud, even though you’re actually a hero, is an entirely different form of courage. I mean, the Rebellion wouldn’t have even won if it weren’t for him, but no one, NO ONE, remembers that. They all just think of little bratty Luke because he happened to be good aim.

And in case anyone’s wondering, I am totally making up for missing this topic when it first started. 😀

Emma Flournoy
                    @emma-flournoy
                      • Total Posts: 1352

@Ethryndal *appreciates Galen Erso with you and heartily agrees with everything you said*

And guys, you need to see this picture she drew of Rogue One. It’s amazing.
                      I don’t think I can link to the picture by itself, so scroll down on the link till you come to it.

Btw @Ethryndal, was K2 your favorite? 😉

Ethryndal
                      @ethryndal

@Emma-Flournoy Thanks for the free advertising. 😉

Yup, K2 be my fave. I wonder how you guessed? XD Who’s your favorite?

Emma Flournoy
                        @emma-flournoy

@Ethryndal You totally deserve the free advertising.

Cassian. For sure. But Jyn and K2 close behind. (Don’t you love Cassian and K2’s relationship? It’s not specifically shown a ton, but it’s clearly observable and it’s sweet! I ‘specially love that part after they killed all those guys in the square or whatever, and K2 apologized for hitting Cassian. And then Cassian told him to go back to the ship or something. The whole part was like 20 seconds, but it was—it was—I loved it.)

Ethryndal
                          @ethryndal

@Emma-Flournoy YES. I’ve teetered on the edge of Cassian or K2, eventually deciding K2 because just, yeah. (I know, I know, that answer is “vague and unconvincing.” 🙂 ) But Cassian’s next. And YES again! Their relationship was, for me, one of the best parts of Rogue One.

*dramatic music* “I will help you, Jyn Erso…” *dramatic music abruptly ends* “…because Cassian says I have to.”

Though it is kind of sad as well. I mean, Cassian’s such a lonely person. He was so hardened by war and the awful things he’d had to do in the name of the Rebellion, that his best friend was a droid. (Have you read the Rogue One visual dictionary? I got it from the library and it is AMAZING.)

Gracie
                            @graciegirl
                              • Total Posts: 889

@Ethryndal Zikers! Those drawings on your blog are amazing, Sarah!!! That Galadriel one…wowzers. I love it how only her eyes are colored! And the Rogue one is great too!

@Emma-Flournoy
                              @R-J-Wordsmith

I just have to chip in on this bc Rogue One is my favorite movie of all time. It was beautiful! They all died and it was perfect. Aaannnddd, that sounded really weird. 😉 I do agree tho that Bodhi got a little short-changed. His death was definitely the less fantastic of them all. But I must admit he survived a lot longer than I’d originally thought he would. I hardly ever go to the movie theatre bc of a bad experience I had a couple years ago when I went to see The Battle of the Five Armies. (Long story short, I get WAY too wrapped up in the action and thrills whenever I go to the point where I start freaking out claustrophobia-style. However, I have learned to ride the waves of movie theatre intense-ness since then and actually enjoy the adrenaline rush.) Anyway, Rogue One was the first movie I’d seen in the theatre for a long time and guess what….I actually begged my family to let us go again! (Plus, I hate leaving the house at night and we went to a 10:30 pm showing!) :0 This make RO the first movie I voluntarily went to see twice! Both times after I saw it I was sooooo dazed for, like, the rest of the day. And every time I watch trailer #2 now, I get teary-eyed and either forget to breath or breathe way too fast. Have any of you noticed that practically NONE of the scenes shown in the teaser trailer are in the movie?
                              I thought it was super refreshing not to have a Jedi MC too. The closest we got were the two temple guards. They were awesome! I love it when Chirrut talks of Cassian carrying his own prison around with him, or when he asks his friend if he had the face of a killer. That’s just the sort of…philosophical(?) stuff I enjoy. Although, we did have another Death Star related plot. *grumbles* I really didn’t mind it that much though since we weren’t trying to blow it up. And now I’m gonna wrap this little speech up. I simply HAD to join in!
                              Oh, and my order of favorites: Cassian, Jyn, and a tie between K2 and Chirrut.
                              I also agree that Krennic was a great bad guy. I felt very bad for him being steeped on by Vader and Tarken.
                              Vader’s cameo was bone-chilling too.
                              Galen does deserve more credit.
                              And I thought Saw was freaky and a little over the top.
                              ‘Kay, I’m really leaving now.
                              Bye.

*is probably geeking out about something*

Gracie
                              @graciegirl
                                • Total Posts: 889

Just wanted to add one more thing…..
                                I was doing my science the other day and I had to write out a chemical equation containing potassium sulfate. This really tripped me up because the abbreviation for potassium sulfate is K₂SO₄. 😆 Needless to say I will never think of that compound the same way again.

*is probably geeking out about something*

Emma Flournoy
                                @emma-flournoy

@Ethryndal Gah! Why are you so good at expressing my feelings. M-hm. That.
                                  And I love that “I will help you” line. You’re making me remember how much I like that droid, do stop. I need to see this again.
                                  I haven’t read that; what’s a visual dictionary? A…dictionary with pictures? 😛 That sounds simple enough, but…

@GracieGirl
                                  By all means, join in! This is a public discussion after all. 😉 That’s awful about your theater experiences. I get shaky and have sweaty palms, but not like…fits. *shudder* So yeah, you’ve proved your love for RO.
                                  Hey, I notice that about MOST movie trailers! It’s weird. Why would they even do that? Rather disappointing.
                                  I didn’t catch several characters’ names in there (though I’ve only seen it once)—which ones are Chirrut and Saw? Is Chirrut the blind guy?
                                  And yes, Krennic. (Towards the end there I was hoping that he and Cassian would have a face off—you know, actually talk to each other. With a little rearranging there would’ve been room for that. *scowl*) Mr. Insecurity. And @Ethryndal I loved the white too. We can keep Saruman in the closet.

That is hilarious about potassium sulfate. 😮 Well, now you’ll be able to remember that compound with no trouble.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 109 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >