Rogue One

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    Kate Flournoy
    @kate-flournoy
      • Total Posts: 3976

Okay, so I just want to know which of you have watched it. If most of you have, awesome, we can have a beautiful discussion about everything wonderful about this movie. If none of you have— GO WATCH IT!! I confess I wasn’t sure what to expect, but this movie is amazing. I loved it. It’s tied with Force Awakens for me, and Force Awakens is my all time favorite. (Don’t choke guys. I’m not nuts. Go watch it). The characterization is stunning, the storyline really awesome, the theme powerfully executed, the supporting cast amazing, and the acting is actually really, really good. Which for a Star Wars movie—! 😛

So yes. GO WATCH IT. And then come back and discuss it with me. There’s so much to learn from it.

Emma Flournoy
      @emma-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 1352

Yes people, seriously. It so needs you to watch it. WAY exceeded my expectations.

Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGHHH!!! *bashes head against the wall*

I haven’t seen it yet. I think my health is declining. I might have to go to the ER if this keeps up.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy

@Daeus whoa! Easy there! It’s not that bad. 😛 And the forum doctor is not on call either, so settle down. I don’t want to have to be repairing fractured skulls on a moment’s notice. *shakes finger*

But I definitely recommend you definitely see this one as soon as definitely possible. 😀

Christine Eaton
            @christi-eaton
              • Total Posts: 306

@kate-flournoy I loved Rouge One so much! I was warned before seeing it that it was an emotional field day, and that was correct. The characters were fantastic and it blended so nicely between the other movies. — I want to go see it again.

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Kate Flournoy
              @kate-flournoy

@Christi-Eaton yes! I know! I didn’t cry over it (for some reason I seem to have stopped crying about a year ago? 😛 ) but I was stumbling around in an emotional daze for the rest of the day. It was awesome.

Christine Eaton
                @christi-eaton

@kate-flournoy, I didn’t cry over it either, I can never seem to cry at books or movies (though there are times I wish I could) but I just kept thinking about it all day and analyzing it. Everything was perfect. Disney did a fantastic job on this one. @daeus, just drop everything you have planned today and go see it, then come back and let’s chat. 😉

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Kate Flournoy
                  @kate-flournoy

@Christi-Eaton yes. I don’t think there was a single thing about it I disliked. The one thing I was a little miffed on for The Force Awakens was that the plot was basically ‘destroy this huge weapon that is blowing up entire planets’ which was pretty much the plot of A New Hope, but the plot for Rogue One was perfect. And perfectly executed. And so perfect for the theme. And so perfectly tied in. And tied off. As I said, Rogue One and The Force Awakens are tied for favorite, but if The Force Awakens didn’t have the most complicated villain ever Rogue One would be better.

I cannot believe I just said that. 😛

Christine Eaton
                    @christi-eaton

@kate-flournoy I agree 100% with you there 🙂

Anne Swiftblade
                      @anne-swiftblade
                        • Total Posts: 84

I agree wholeheartedly that this movie is AMAZING! The plot and characters are superb! Disney out did itself and left no plot wholes that I can find. I think Rouge One is probably my new favorite Star Wars movie 😀

Kate Flournoy
                        @kate-flournoy

Yes. It was definitely awesome. @Anne-Swiftblade

Anonymous
                            • Total Posts: 1486

@kate-flournoy @Anne-swiftblade @Christi-Eaton YAY some people who love Rogue One like I do! I agree that the movie was fantastic. And Kate, I completely understand the stumbling-around-in-an-emotional-daze thing. That happened to me the next day. I might be the only one but I cried over that movie more than I’ve cried over a movie in years. It was epic.
                            I was thinking about how attached I became to the characters after the movie was over. Part of why I loved them so much and the theme hit so hard was because (SPOILER ALERT just in case some people reading this haven’t seen it) they actually died for what they believed in. It set in stone who they were and what they believed. And though I hated Disney for killing Jyn and Cassian, it’s part of what made the movie so good.
                            And can we just appreciate Jyn’s characteristic moment when she broke out of the transport thingy even though the Rebellion was there to save her? I didn’t see that coming. It was great.

Christine Eaton
                            @christi-eaton

@winter-rose, It was a great movie for sure! 🙂

Kate Flournoy
                              @kate-flournoy

@Winter-Rose yessss. All that. The theme definitely wouldn’t have been as powerful, nor the characters as dynamic, if it hadn’t ended the way it did.

Snapper
                                @dragon-snapper
                                  • Total Posts: 3515

@kate-flournoy Okay, now I’ve seen it. Now, let me say something very quietly. !!!!!!!HOW COULD THEY POSSIBLY DO THAT????? The main characters can’t….they can’t… *smeagol voice* *throws rock at Bilbo* Oh, it’s against the rules!

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 109 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >